PDA

View Full Version : tranny expert needed fast!!!!!!!!

hondaisthebest
09-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone i am starting to have problem with my
tranny a month ago. Once per week the tranny dont want to
shift!!!
She stay in 1rst gear!! The car have 150 000 miles ,89 dx and automatic tranny.
I changed the atf fluid last year and also this summer with honda geuine one.
What can i do??????????????
I dont want to make major repair on it!!!
Please help!!!!

Its better to switch to synthectic that honda product????

I bought this second accord last year and the tranny fluid was very brown its why i changed.

YK86
09-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Have you tried Ludeguard additive?? It's known to work wonders on Honda AT's. Also, Honda ATF really works good with Honda trannies so I don't think switching will change anything. Also, check your throttle cable.

hondaisthebest
09-13-2002, 08:35 PM
YK86
Do you think i can find this additive at canadian tire???
I already tried gunk trans medic!

YK86
09-13-2002, 11:33 PM
It's not available at most auto stores. Go to Yahoo and type "Lubeguard" and you'll find their official site. That's where I looked and they have a page listing all the distributors which is how I got a hold of a bottle at a store 15 min from my house recently. ALmost all the "regular" auto stores never even heard of it nor did the local Honda dealers. My brother's 96 Accord was shifting a bit rough when it's cold even with Honda ATF so we added some of it yesterday. You have to let it blend with the rest of the fluid so it will take a while but we've already noticed a small difference and that was only after a 1km test drive.

DanG86LX
09-14-2002, 09:36 AM
Have u tried this little trick: u accelerate and expect ur tranny to upshift, right? Instead of letting the tranny shift, ease the gas and see if ur tranny would upshift. If so ur cable would be too tight.
I got a different problem thought, if I accelerate, my tranny would upshift 1->2 very rough, the whole car shudders. My second clutch (or accumulator) is probably gone. But if I ease the gas, my tranny would upshift, no problem. This happens only when 1->2, but i'm not going to ditch the car for that.
I had my tranny flushed at H-dealer of no avail..

BTW H-dealer uses BG products for cleaning and conditioning ATs.