PDA

View Full Version : E-brake handle off ebay

88Accord-DX
08-16-2007, 07:34 PM
I got this e-brake handle off ebay, cause I use my e-brake a lot & the stock one looks boring.
The thing is, I'm not sure how I want to put it on. Personally, I was thinking of cutting the plastic (stock) e-brake handle back far enough for it to fit. Of corse making a nice looking cut & trimming it up neat. I don't think it would look good naked with the whole plastic e-brake handle removed. Any thoughts or pics on what one might look like? I need some options here on what looks good or not.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/E-brakehandle.jpg

Pico
08-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I say the same thing, just trim it back far enough to fit the handle on and maybe make a new boot out of leather or Vinyl to finish off the rest of the handle.
And one more thing.....Ebay Link to the handle please :wave:

88Accord-DX
08-16-2007, 07:46 PM
just trim it back far enough to fit the handle on and maybe make a new boot out of leather or Vinyl to finish off the rest of the handle. Ebay Link to the handle please :wave:
I'm not going to put a whole lot of time on it. Might paint the rest of, still thinking about what & how I want it to look.
They have 3 colors, red, blue & this color in the link that would match your car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-91-Honda-Accord-Civic-Hand-E-Brake-Handle-87-88-89_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33703QQihZ013QQitemZ 230161626638QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Pico
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Cool...Thanks

ghettogeddy
08-16-2007, 08:56 PM
ya im gona get one and have my dad make a boot to cover the whole ebrake whole lol might as well have him make me a shift boot to lol

88Accord-DX
11-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I put my E-brake handle on this past weekend. The trick is to measure the handle with it over the shaft before cutting the handle. (which I learned afterwards).

Anyhow, I had to make the best of the situation. Don't pay attention to my faded seat covers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/E-brake.jpg

88Accord-DX
11-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Double post- don't pay attention to the crap in the front seat either.

labeledsk8r
11-12-2007, 09:56 PM
looks good, but i would deff look into a e-brake boot aswell ot cover the old handle.. the chop marks look tacky

88Accord-DX
11-12-2007, 10:05 PM
looks good, but i would deff look into a e-brake boot aswell ot cover the old handle.. the chop marks look tacky

Yeah, If known what I know now it wouldn't look so tacky. Maybe lostforawhile can fab me up one for a decent price. (to busy on weekends fixing cars) :)

labeledsk8r
11-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Yeah, If known what I know now it wouldn't look so tacky. Maybe lostforawhile can fab me up one for a decent price. (to busy on weekends fixing cars) :)

if not you can pic up a good quality one for not that bad of a price either, i also know of a few cars that have very good ones that i have taken from junk yards to use, ford did something right lol the ford contour ebrake boots are very well built and can fit onto almost any aplication

88Accord-DX
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
if not you can pic up a good quality one for not that bad of a price either, i also know of a few cars that have very good ones that i have taken from junk yards to use, ford did something right lol the ford contour ebrake boots are very well built and can fit onto almost any aplication

I have no junk yard to be bone picking at, that is my problem. :wave:
(junk yard is 120 miles either way)

ChaseR
11-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Not feeling that handle at all bro...

MessyHonda
11-13-2007, 02:02 AM
it dont look bad.