PDA

View Full Version : new brakes and possibly suspension

wartown89LX-i
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
i am going to by new brakes(rotors and pads), looking for suggestions. I have an 89 lxi coupe. i have just plain blank rear rotors and autozone pads for the back. i am thinking about buying brembo or ebc fronts rotors and either aem or hawk pads. any comments/experiences with this setup?

also for suspension i am really looking for some serious advice here, feel free to chime in your suspension setup and how the ride is. performance increase, and harshness as opposed to stock.im looking for a nice drop with a good improvement on handling without feeling like every little bump in the road is a 3 ft pothole.

MessyHonda
08-17-2007, 12:42 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57576

now im lowered with neuspeed 1.5 inch springs...makes the car handle like a lil sports car.

ZackieDarko
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
ahhh 89 LX-i has rear DRUMS

wartown89LX-i
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
not mineeee.

MessyHonda
08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
not mineeee.

you sure? get some pics

wartown89LX-i
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
i wonder if the guy before me was a member, or at least an enthusiast. ill have to borrow my mothers camera.

HondaBoy
08-18-2007, 01:46 PM
only thing i will suggest is dont use autozone brake parts. they, in my experience, dont last very long.

tskaggs747
08-19-2007, 08:35 PM
i'm the kind that doesnt like brakes other than OEM i knwo it sounds stupid but in my experiance they last longer and actually seem to work better. We have cars come to the shop all the time for brakes and its where it was aftermarket pads they also make noise when they get a little less than half way worn out which is annoing as anything.

MessyHonda
08-20-2007, 07:13 AM
i'm the kind that doesnt like brakes other than OEM i knwo it sounds stupid but in my experiance they last longer and actually seem to work better. We have cars come to the shop all the time for brakes and its where it was aftermarket pads they also make noise when they get a little less than half way worn out which is annoing as anything.

i have had no problems with mine and i had mine for a lil bit over a year and i put 12k miles on them....they still stop like new...i love it.

HondaBoy
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
also, correct installation makes a big difference. resurfacing the rotors, even if they arent too uneven or wraped, will prolong the life of the pads and performance. i've been using semi metalic pads for as long as i've had the car. i may put some nicer ceramic pads on as i can now afford to do so. next time i get rotors for my accord, i will go with the more expensive brand name ones. i've found they tend to resist warpage longer and dont wear down as fast. could be the metal they are made of is higher quality. although, having a life time warranty on the parts helps out too. so it does pay off to not go cheap.