PDA

View Full Version : Weight Reduction Part #11023192034

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Just kidding, but decided to remove some more crap today. So far I have gotten rid of all ac components, all power steering components, all cruise control components, and the trunk sound deadener. Started on the sound deadener underneath the backseat, since I'm probably leaving the seat out for good this time. Only got a little bit done, but hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow. Also going to the jy tomorrow to pick up a Vigor rear sway bar, and a few other things hopefully. :0 Anything I should look for'? Cheers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-3-41.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-2-44.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/ResizeWizard-1-58.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
08-17-2007, 06:38 PM
sweet i want to remove all that shit but dont want to strip the interior out right now lol

labeledsk8r
08-17-2007, 06:52 PM
looks good, what else you got on the list to remove for a little loss of weight?? good luck on finding a vigor bar, if you do and theres more then one grab them all i bet you wont be able to hold onto them for long

Legend_master
08-17-2007, 07:08 PM
You will probably end up adding all that weight back by not taking a crap in the morning. Not enough gain for the amount of work, also on a side note my hatch dident have that.

frantik
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
^ are you talking about just the interior or the ac ps and cc too?

frantik
08-17-2007, 07:14 PM
looks good, what else you got on the list to remove for a little loss of weight?? good luck on finding a vigor bar, if you do and theres more then one grab them all i bet you wont be able to hold onto them for long

search the for sale forum you can buy them directly from estimated prophet's company for $60 shipped. i got mine a while ago

Legend_master
08-17-2007, 07:22 PM
^ are you talking about just the interior or the ac ps and cc too?

I'm speaking of the interior sound deadening.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 07:23 PM

I have a guaranteed one for me, and if there is more then I'll get them. For a whopping 11.32 a piece or so. :)

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
You will probably end up adding all that weight back by not taking a crap in the morning. Not enough gain for the amount of work, also on a side note my hatch dident have that.

It is enough gain for free. :) PLus I have nothing to do since I am jobless atm so this helps me not be bored. Its odd your hatch didnt have it, thought most cars on the road had some kind of coating at least inside over gas tank and muffler, etc.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 07:25 PM
search the for sale forum you can buy them directly from estimated prophet's company for $60 shipped. i got mine a while ago

As for this not sure if you can still get em, as I have not talked to Jason in a while...he dissapeared. Anyway $60 might be good if you cant find one, but if you have a www.pullapart.com in your area then its will only be 11 something. And the best thing about that is you can see if they have a vigor in stock. The one I'm going too has one, so who knows if its stripped or not. I'll see when I get there, if I get to go tomorrow.

Legend_master
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
It is enough gain for free. :) PLus I have nothing to do since I am jobless atm so this helps me not be bored. Its odd your hatch didnt have it, thought most cars on the road had some kind of coating at least inside over gas tank and muffler, etc.

There's some in the trunk, but none under where the seats go. Also the stuff in my trunk can be taken out with a flathead, and a little bit of force. It looks like you actually had to scrape yours.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 07:30 PM
There's some in the trunk, but none under where the seats go. Also the stuff in my trunk can be taken out with a flathead, and a little bit of force. It looks like you actually had to scrape yours.

Oh no I used a flathead, but I did have to put some elbow grease into it and tap it with a hammer. Of course a while back when I first got the 3gee while fixing a leak, I also overcoated it with rubberized unercoating, which I think made it a little tougher than normal .

89T
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
you should try dry ice and tap it with a hammer, it's alot easier.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM
you should try dry ice and tap it with a hammer, it's alot easier.

Dont have money to buy dry ice with lol.

Blizzard
08-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I usually set it on fire and scrape it off.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Would do that but seeing as I'm right over the gas tank....dont wanna take any chances. XD I mean I know scraping and shit is a lot of hard work, but who said life is easy. XD

Blizzard
08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I wouldnt recommend it in anything with a gas tank in it. Both cars that Ive taken the undercoating off of didnt have gas tanks in them.

It might be a little eaiser to heat the scraper up and remove it that way.

mushroom_toy
08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
I wouldnt recommend it in anything with a gas tank in it. Both cars that Ive taken the undercoating off of didnt have gas tanks in them.

It might be a little eaiser to heat the scraper up and remove it that way.

Yeah that is definitely a better idea for me, since the tank is still in. I will probably give that a shot tomorrow when I finish removing it, though I have a couple things I'm planning to do tomorrow for the 3gee as well, if I can get to the jy. :)

A18A
08-17-2007, 11:54 PM
are you gutting the doors aswell?

BITESIZE
08-18-2007, 12:01 AM
:Owned:Looks like you followed in CAH's footsteps.

mushroom_toy
08-18-2007, 07:54 AM
are you gutting the doors aswell?

Not yet, and I'm undecided on that as of now.

mushroom_toy
08-18-2007, 07:56 AM

:gun:I did this way before CAH even got the idea on the trunk area.:Owned:

BITESIZE
08-18-2007, 09:40 AM
^^Whatever floats your boat, i guess.....

thegreatdane
08-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Use your hair dryer or a real heat gun to heat up the sound deadening stuff on the floor, it will make it much easier to remove and without damaging the paint underneath. And a lot less smelly than setting it on fire...

knarg
08-18-2007, 12:25 PM
yeah a hair dryer works really well for that kind of thing

mushroom_toy
08-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Use your hair dryer or a real heat gun to heat up the sound deadening stuff on the floor, it will make it much easier to remove and without damaging the paint underneath. And a lot less smelly than setting it on fire...

I will probably do that then, although it doesnt matter about the paint underneath, because its going to be sprayed after sanding anyway! :) But this removal is on the back burner now. I'm gonna install my Vigor rear bar, and start and finish my 5g map project before finishing prob., although i might knock it out too. cheers!

Civic Accord Honda
08-18-2007, 02:29 PM
he did he 1st tho everyone should follow cah he is the greatest one on this forum ;)

nice work:cheers:

mushroom_toy
08-18-2007, 08:43 PM
!

2oodoor
08-19-2007, 06:19 AM
'it puts on the lotion'
courtesy of Joe Dirt, from 'the pit' scene :kekeke:

mushroom_toy
08-19-2007, 06:45 AM
^Lol.

Funkster
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
A quick way to remove that deadener is to put dry ice on it. Buy some dry ice break it up and put it all over the deadener. (Make sure to use gloves) Once you here the deadening start to crack, chicsel it then, it will crack off in large sheets.