PDA

View Full Version : You know what sucks?

Kemikals
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
When you buy a car, get all parts for a tune up and then realize someone's stripped out threads for your spark plugs. lol oh well :) now I get to pull a head and clean it up and change all of the gaskets.

ghettogeddy
08-20-2007, 12:32 PM
When you buy a car, get all parts for a tune up and then realize someone's stripped out threads for your spark plugs. lol oh well :) now I get to pull a head and clean it up and change all of the gaskets.

sounds like u got screwed a little

MessyHonda
08-20-2007, 06:53 PM
heli coil FTW

A18A
08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
at least your still keen to fix it

Kemikals
08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm not even going to worry about a heli coil, i've heard stories where they have backed out and all while taking out spark plugs. So i'm just going to go to pick and pull and pull a new head, clean it up and all and put it on. problem fixed and a bit of my engine is a little cleaner :) lol

MessyHonda
08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm not even going to worry about a heli coil, i've heard stories where they have backed out and all while taking out spark plugs. So i'm just going to go to pick and pull and pull a new head, clean it up and all and put it on. problem fixed and a bit of my engine is a little cleaner :) lol

not if you do it right....i almost striped one but then i used a thread cleaner on it and it worked fine.