PDA

View Full Version : pgm fi light

wc-623
05-07-2002, 09:22 PM
why does my pgmfi light come on after about 20 minutes of driving and then stay on till i turn my car off?:confused:

88LXiHB
05-07-2002, 10:15 PM
You need to look under your drivers seat, remove the little windo thing and count how many times the red LED blinks...

1988starter
05-08-2002, 04:16 AM
did you recently install headers

smufguy
05-08-2002, 08:26 PM
two words for ya "You're screwed" hahah just kidding....

:rolleyes:

ryan86accordlxi
05-09-2002, 02:46 AM
ok i had the same problem. it prolly blinks 12 times and itll tell you its ur egr valve. well its not really. most of the time theres a little white vaccum drum inside your box w/all the air lines running to it on the passenger side of ur car, under the hood, up toward ur wipers. take that box off and unscrew it. if you look around inside youll see a little white drum. its about as big around as a quarter. i think theres 2 small air lines running into it. just unhook them and take a bread tie and spray some carb cleaner in it and clean it out.you shouldnt have ne more problems atleast i didnt.

AccordLX-i87
05-27-2002, 07:34 AM
my pgm-fi light comes on, and the motor ticks whenever i accelerate....could it be connected?

offthahook
05-27-2002, 08:01 AM
Mine was O2 sensor. Car ran fine, just the light came on at cruising speeds...

Jims 86LXI HB
05-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Mine came on 2 weeks ago. I checked the ECU and it flashed 13 times.

13 85-98 Accord
BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

Does anyone know where it is located. I wonder if it leans out the mixture as a fefault? I've been meaning to stop off at the dealer and order one, but just can't remember to do it:rolleyes: .
The light has never come on since that one time.

guaynabo89
05-27-2002, 10:00 AM
I think thast sensor is inside the cabin somewhere.

If I remember correctly its under the dash behind the glovebox.

Hope that helps.:D

smufguy
05-28-2002, 06:22 AM
this is where the atmospheric pressure sensor is, below your glove and beside your blower motor. This is carotman's pic. :) hope that helps.

Jims 86LXI HB
05-28-2002, 09:45 AM
Cool thanks man, I'm pretty sure that I can find one at the junk yard.:smokin:

jaccord87lxil
05-28-2002, 11:01 AM
hey can someone show me a picture where the light blinks
i'm kind of lost. but please someone explain or show me
a picture where the light blinks. are you talking about the PGM-FI light or someother light? thanks

hopefully its not broken or anything
Joe

TeKKnoTeKK
05-28-2002, 11:08 AM
It is the light on your ECU under the seat.....you just slide the drivers seat forward and you will see a black box under there. On that black box will be a little flap, unhook the flap and you will see a red LED. Just count the blinks and follow the instructions in the FAQ section on engine codes.

superdesi
12-08-2004, 07:38 PM
ok i had the same problem. it prolly blinks 12 times and itll tell you its ur egr valve. well its not really. most of the time theres a little white vaccum drum inside your box w/all the air lines running to it on the passenger side of ur car, under the hood, up toward ur wipers. take that box off and unscrew it. if you look around inside youll see a little white drum. its about as big around as a quarter. i think theres 2 small air lines running into it. just unhook them and take a bread tie and spray some carb cleaner in it and clean it out.you shouldnt have ne more problems atleast i didnt.
Spray carb cleaner inside the 2 lines or do I spray inside the drum?