PDA

View Full Version : Hint's tips & tricks for 3Geez.com

blh1983
08-21-2007, 07:49 PM
In this thread I will cover a few things that will make your experience on 3Geez.com a more pleasant one. This includes a more advanced search functionality via the worlds most popular search engine, and how to put links to websites with really long URL's.

Google.com the worlds most popular search engine is the best way to search for somewhat recent threads. To search for specific things on 3geez.com through google.com all you do is goto google.com and type for e.g. (brackets indicate the address bar) ["power steering" site:3geez.com]. It is important to put words that belong together in quotes; otherwise you'll get divided search results that may have the words power and steering seperated. This is the problem with the search feature of 3Geez.com and other forums; even other search engines. If words appear in the search results that you'd prefer to exclude you can do that easily by typing for e.g. ["power steering" -removed site:3geez.com]. This makes it so that results bearing the words removed are excluded from your search. I think this will be very helpful. If you know of any other google tricks PM me and I'll edit this post, or simply "Post Reply"

The next tip or trick is simple and you'll wish you had knew about it earlier. I am not affiliated with this company or website. But I wanted to share it with you because it makes life much easier. There is a website called tinyurl.com that basically takes a long website and makes it short and simple. I had a really long link that wouldn't fit in my signature so I went to tinyurl.com (http://tinyurl.com) and copied it into the form field labled "Enter a long URL to make tiny:" and hit the "Make TinyUrl!" button. Basically this site somehow stores the website and creates a link off there site that is much shorter and friendlier. I hope all of this was helpful.

DDRaptor
08-22-2007, 04:37 AM
Cool Beans I'm sure going to use the google trick cause there are times when the search feature just does not work and i know exactly what thread i'm looking for.

2oodoor
08-22-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks!! that will make it easier to find "chicks that dig guys who dig cars and like to knockee der bootee" :cheers:
great information, seriousley though.. good idea