PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

igarut5410
08-25-2007, 01:33 PM
my cruise control does not work
I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be...
symptoms
1. The cruise control light turns on
2. The car does not set in cruise control

Are there any fuses or connections that I should check?
I have a power probe... I just dont really know what to check...
The cruise control is not really a neccesity... but its a luxury that I would like

LX-incredible
08-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Which CC light turns on, the one in the cluster, or the one on the switch? There is a set of rings and brushes under the steering wheel that sometimes go bad. If the light in the cluster is coming on, I would check to make sure that the vacuum tubing going to the actuator is in good shape.

igarut5410
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
the one on the switch goes on... but not on the cluster

blh1983
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I've also heard that the cruise control and horn share the same circuit. Is your horn working? If so are both horns working? Also there's a switch under your brake, and clutch if you have a 5 speed. If this switch gets stuck or goes bad it might think your clutch is pressed or your brake pedal; even if your brake lights work - thus causing the cruise control not to work. There should be two switches on the brake pedal. One for the lights, and one for the cruise control. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

igarut5410
08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
my horn works... Ill check on those swithches later

russiankid
08-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I've also heard that the cruise control and horn share the same circuit. Is your horn working? If so are both horns working? Also there's a switch under your brake, and clutch if you have a 5 speed. If this switch gets stuck or goes bad it might think your clutch is pressed or your brake pedal; even if your brake lights work - thus causing the cruise control not to work. There should be two switches on the brake pedal. One for the lights, and one for the cruise control. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Mine only has one, but my cruise control didn't work either and the brake switch was at fault. Since the rubber stop broke i replaced it with a screw, and it didn't push the switch in enough.

LX-incredible
08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
the one on the switch goes on... but not on the cluster
I would pull the steering wheel and clean or replace the rings and brushes.

Under the wheel there is a 3 sets of rings and brushes, 4 for an SE-i. The brushes rotate against the rings when the wheel is turned, keeping contact with the horn, cruise control, and radio wires. They are usually the first place to look when having problems with those functions.
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/203/011na4qs8.th.jpg (http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=011na4qs8.jpg)