PDA

View Full Version : Dash Brake Light Problem

mushroom_toy
08-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Well I have a problem that just appeared last night. I have read every thread dealing with the brake light and have found no solution through browsing. My brake fluid is full and my ebrake is not sticking so far. Heres the problem. After coming back home from races yesterday 20 miles down from the track my brake light would come on and glow according to my rpms or how fast I was going. When I floored it, the light glowed bright red, but when I let off the light would go out. When i would push it a little it would light up in accordance. Anyone ever heard of this before?

2ndGenGuy
08-26-2007, 06:49 PM
It's probably the fluid level sensor freaking out. Maybe you should buy a new cap for the master cylinder resivoir, or maybe you can unstick it.

labeledsk8r
08-26-2007, 07:09 PM
It's probably the fluid level sensor freaking out. Maybe you should buy a new cap for the master cylinder resivoir, or maybe you can unstick it.

thats my guess 2 since its full, its getting sensitive and whenever you even move the sensor is picking it up, more you floor it the more forced back the fluid goes the more freaked out that sensor gets, j/y ftw for easy test

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 08:10 AM
thats my guess 2 since its full, its getting sensitive and whenever you even move the sensor is picking it up, more you floor it the more forced back the fluid goes the more freaked out that sensor gets, j/y ftw for easy test

yeah after reading all the posts last night thats the only conclusion I could come too as well. Yup as soon as I can get to the jy I'll pick one up. Parts for free ftw.

Blkblurr
08-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Did you try disconnecting it to see if the problem goes away? that would tell you if it's stuck.

mushroom_toy
08-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Well so far it hasnt come on at all today, and I have been doing some pretty spirited driving. Maybe it was just a fluke?