PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Help Badly

Kfreder
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Guys i know this is an accord forum but i really need you help and dont know where else to ask. last week i bought an 88 acura integra with 107,000 and a 1.6l dohc 5-speed for 250.00. it ran great at first but thurs. on my way to work i had the cruise set at 75 on the highway, all of the sudden the motor died, i got off the exit, started it and it ran fine until the tach hit 3250rpm then it was like the motor cut out id let off the gas and it was fine but every single time the motor hit 3250 it cut out. i made it to work shut it off for 5 min started it back up and it ran perfect. when i got out of work i was happy cause it was running great. it ran great for about 15 miles then the same 3250 thing happened i stopped at the gas station started it back up then it died for good. I pulled the fuel line off the output side of the filter turned the key on and lots of gas sprayed out so i dont think its the pump or filter. All four cylinders are getting spark. There are no blown fuses that i Know of. This is the only car that i have to drive my wife and 10 month old baby around in i am borrowing a car for the time being. I usually only buy chevys but i wanted to try a honda i was pleasently suprised with this car and cant wait to drive it again. Please i really need help here.

HondaBoy
08-26-2007, 04:40 PM
hmm, maybe the map sensor is malfunctioning. maybe a tps sensor. but probably some kind of sensor, but check those first. seems like as it gets to that rpm it cuts the fuel out at the injectors, from what you've said.

mushroom_toy
08-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Check the fuel filter.

Kfreder
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I pulled off the filter and could blow through it with zero resistance. also the check engine light isnt on and hasnt come on since ive owned it

88Accord-DX
08-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Check for any codes, that might help. Might be weights in the distributor aren't advancing or you catalytic converter is clogged. Check all vacuum lines, timing is good, sensors.

Code list is in this link below.

http://autotechrepair.suite101.com/article.cfm/1988_acura_integra_stalling

There is a TSB on the ignitor, mentions in the link.

LX-incredible
08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
It sounds like the ignitor is overheating. Same thing was happening to my buddy's legend. If you find it to be defective, check the coil resistance BEFORE installing a new one.

wildshovelbill_06
08-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Either The Resistor For The Fi Or The Ignitor Getting Hot Spray Some Fuel In The Intake And See If It Tries To Run If So The Injectors Arnt Opening Up

ZackieDarko
08-27-2007, 06:10 AM
www.d-series.org 4 u

nuff said

Kfreder
08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I tried there but nobody will reply

w261w261
08-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm not familiar with your engine at all, but I did have a problem with my 3G 2.0fi a couple of years ago. When cold, the engine began to stumble a little right at that rpm, maybe 3500 in my case. It was a small thing, so I ignored it for quite a while. Finally, I barely made it to the Honda dealer and was afraid to turn it off because I couldn't get it started. It was the tps sensor, plugged in near the thermostat. It cost about 20 bucks as I recall. I think it sends some signal to the ECU which ultimately interferred with the running of the engine.

AccordEpicenter
08-27-2007, 01:14 PM
thermostat ground

Oldblueaccord
08-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Aftermarket tach maybe gone bad?

wp