PDA

View Full Version : Won't Start

vipspiffy
08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Well the other day i started the car and pulled it out onto the driveway then shut it off. About an hour later came back but the car wouldn't start.

Now it just wouldn't start at all. Car cranks and fuel flows but still won't start. There is spark from coil. I'm assuming something with the carb but my newbieness around carbs isn't helping.

What should i be looking at? :?

ghettogeddy
08-27-2007, 10:55 PM
are u gettign spark at all 4 wires

russiankid
08-28-2007, 05:47 AM
Did you flood it?

vipspiffy
08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, I cleaned the spark plugs which seemed to have oil on them. The car actually leaks oil from everywhere possible and burns a lot too.

I started the car this morning. It was rough and the throttle seemed a little stiff but with a little love it fired right up. I assumed one of the butterflies was probably stuck so i sprayed carb cleaner in the carb to free stuff up while keeping the rpms up. I just hope i don't take the car out and it has trouble starting when hot.

ghettogeddy
08-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, I cleaned the spark plugs which seemed to have oil on them. The car actually leaks oil from everywhere possible and burns a lot too.

I started the car this morning. It was rough and the throttle seemed a little stiff but with a little love it fired right up. I assumed one of the butterflies was probably stuck so i sprayed carb cleaner in the carb to free stuff up while keeping the rpms up. I just hope i don't take the car out and it has trouble starting when hot.

butterfly doesn't really do much i actually removed mine

MessyHonda
08-28-2007, 01:25 PM

and thats why its sitting in a garage stall because it wont pass smog and you are too lazy to fix it...hahaha.

ghettogeddy
08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
and thats why its sitting in a garage stall because it wont pass smog and you are too lazy to fix it...hahaha.

um carb was fucked before that and it wont pass because the cat is fucked get your facts straight

MessyHonda
08-28-2007, 01:42 PM
um carb was fucked before that and it wont pass because the cat is fucked get your facts straight

and you are too lazy to fix it...hahaha.

where did i go wrong?

ghettogeddy
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
where did i go wrong?

npt to lazy just not in a hurry there is a dif

2ndGenGuy
08-28-2007, 02:02 PM

I think he means the butterfly valve that opens when you push the gas! LOL, you would be lucky if your car ran at all without it, it's like being at wide open throttle LOL :wtf:

Maybe check for a stuck float. Not sure how to do that on an OEM carb, but give it a couple firm taps with the handle of a screwdriver...

ghettogeddy
08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I think he means the butterfly valve that opens when you push the gas! LOL, you would be lucky if your car ran at all without it, it's like being at wide open throttle LOL :wtf:

Maybe check for a stuck float. Not sure how to do that on an OEM carb, but give it a couple firm taps with the handle of a screwdriver...

http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3835
ya the one in the top rigth corner its held in with 2 screws
we took mine off when we tightened the main venturi