PDA

View Full Version : where to find rod bearings?

oldsteveo
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I've got this `83 accord. needs rod bearings. I thought I found some, but they say that the one I need for the second journal is dis-continued. it's an A3 or yellow, any ideas? Also, I was going to install a oil pump, but the say that it has been discontinued too. Are the remans or aftermarket any good? I'm also looking for the correct rod cap torque. I've come up with 21 and 23 foot pounds. What do you say?
Thanks in advance.
Steve

BITESIZE
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Honda Dealer FTW.

oldsteveo
08-28-2007, 12:02 PM
thanks for the quick response. I went to my honda dealer. He said they buy through Vintage Parts Inc., I found them on the internet and ordered. Now the have wrote back and said that one of the bearings has been discontinued. So, where do I go from there? Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

BITESIZE
08-28-2007, 12:06 PM
Call JC Whitney.

88Accord-DX
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Rockauto.com has rod & main bearings for the 1.8, but not many parts for the 1.6.

2ndGenGuy
08-29-2007, 11:04 AM
I have had luck ordering oversize bearings for the EK1 at AutoZone and Shucks. I'm not sure if they do the color coded bearing sizes or not, but if you need to get your crank turned, you can just order one standard set for all of your bearings. Just an idea if you can't find the color-coded ones.

offthahook
08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Not the dealer for sure. CarQuest or NAPA usually have some of the harder to find parts. The machine shop I took my head to seemed to have some hookups for sure. They weren't any special performance type import shop... just an independent machine shop that's been around forever. Maybe try that, too. Rockauto.com is a good place, too. Good luck man.