PDA

View Full Version : adaptor plate

coope
08-28-2007, 07:48 PM
enybody kno where i can get an adaptor plate i want run lsd or just a b16 tranny or 1.8 type r trans since i need a new clutch enyway while i got it down might as well do it big

LX-incredible
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Make one. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50880

MessyHonda
08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
our tranny are somewhat strong.....im getting the whole thing done....integra gears, lightenfly, new excedy clutch, short shifter and tranny rebuilt....it should be puting civics on my rear view mirror.

89T
08-29-2007, 03:56 AM
this will give you an idea of what you need to do. start at post 252
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=816312#post816312

coope
08-29-2007, 08:56 PM
thanx i just want to run lsd i'll look into it

89T
08-29-2007, 09:06 PM
:cheers:

MessyHonda
08-29-2007, 11:44 PM
thanx i just want to run lsd i'll look into it

89 turboed just did an lsd mod....im thinking about it since its only 300 bucks and im going to re do my tranny but i dont want to blow it up.

ZackieDarko
08-30-2007, 05:13 AM
89 turboed just did an lsd mod....im thinking about it since its only 300 bucks and im going to re do my tranny but i dont want to blow it up.

yeah well a Phantom Grip LSD sucks...i wouldnt even call it a real LSD

the OBX LSD's for the B16's can be modified for the 1st gen integras

i would assume if it will fit in that tranny it will fit in ours since they are virtually identical on the inside

coope
08-30-2007, 07:16 AM
so what would be better phaton grip or adaptor plate well what would be cheaper to run enyway cause i think my tranny is about to give and i want to run shorter gears cause im going for an na build i have an extra tranny im gonna get it this winter and slap some intergra gears in that suka and going with the clutchnet stage 1 and what year is those integras we use? how does that sound!!!!

MessyHonda
08-30-2007, 09:29 AM

i would assume if it will fit in that tranny it will fit in ours since they are virtually identical on the inside

yeah i been talking around. with other members and they say some of them just make the gears wear out faster and when it goes it takes the whole tranny out. but some look like they had some good results....

lol i just googled OBX LSD and some of them say they suck also....plus our trannys are cheap if you are a dedicated racer or gear head you will have more than 1 so you can switch it out. like i said im seriously thinking about it. 300 bucks cant be that bad.

89T
08-30-2007, 08:05 PM

ok! so whats a real lsd? whitch one do you have in you'r car? where are you'r dyno numbers, time slips, does you'r car even run?

i am starting to take this as a personal attack, so quit the clowning...

coope
08-30-2007, 08:24 PM
how is ur setup working? is ur gears wearing out fast

ZackieDarko
08-30-2007, 09:03 PM
ok! so whats a real lsd? whitch one do you have in you'r car? where are you'r dyno numbers, time slips, does you'r car even run?

i am starting to take this as a personal attack, so quit the clowning...

take it as what ever the hell you want dude

honda axles are a dime a dozen

if you are gonna take what i said as a "personal attack" then you got bigger issues then a broken axle and a shit lsd

A18A
08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
our tranny are somewhat strong.....

i'm pretty sure he made the adapter plate cause the a20 ones kept breaking, though i doubt any of us would make enough power to destroy one lol

89T
08-31-2007, 03:26 AM
take it as what ever the hell you want dude

honda axles are a dime a dozen

if you are gonna take what i said as a "personal attack" then you got bigger issues then a broken axle and a shit lsd
you'r right axles are a dime a dozen and that's why i laughed when i broke one and it has since been replaced.

as far as the pg goes it is only as good as you install it.
you have to reserface the gears so if you do a shit job doing that you will end up with a fucked up tranny.

now as far as the obx lsd i can't say if it is shit or not because i have never owned one.

so if you are not trying to get personal then squash it.

AccordEpicenter
08-31-2007, 07:22 AM
ive seen guys with the obx and you do get what you pay for but its not bad at all really. Im very curious about modding it to fit a 1g teg though. Does anybody have any more info about it?

MessyHonda
08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
i'm pretty sure he made the adapter plate cause the a20 ones kept breaking, though i doubt any of us would make enough power to destroy one lol

yeah he must of been pushing like 400-500 hp. even after an engine rebuild and turbo for street use you can only make like 200-300whp.

bobafett
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
its true that a pg will probably kill your diff faster than without, but there are other factors. do you use the high tension springs or the lower tension springs. like 89'turbod said there are factors during installation as well.

plus its either this or $800-$1200 for a quaife lsd plus a b-series tranny plus an adapter plus new axles. so for the $2k plus that it would cost otherwise, i think a $250 (even if it IS diff killing) PG LSD is a fine option.

AccordEpicenter
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
the pg is an option but isnt as good as a true lsd. As mentioned the installation is critical. Nobody would say but id bet jason budd had closer to 600+ hp with his a20 and the engine has been bulletproof. Either way i dont think youre gonna have too much problems with the tranny untill the 10 sec range

Secondaries
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Screw Phantom Grip. Send your stock diff, along with like $750, to OPM Motorsport. The PG unit is just a half-assed copy of their modification anyway. They rebuild your differential, along with installing the actual clutches behind the spiders, with the spring blocks in between. The blocks press the spiders against the clutches, but there's litle space between them so wear is minimized. Just like a real clutch pack LSD.

MessyHonda
09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Screw Phantom Grip. Send your stock diff, along with like $750, to OPM Motorsport. The PG unit is just a half-assed copy of their modification anyway. They rebuild your differential, along with installing the actual clutches behind the spiders, with the spring blocks in between. The blocks press the spiders against the clutches, but there's litle space between them so wear is minimized. Just like a real clutch pack LSD.

too bad only people with lots of money or lots of power will want to do that....i still think the phantom grip is not a bad deal at 300 bucks plus even with bolt ons our cars are not that fast....fastest NA is like high 14 secs.

obd0driver
12-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Just updating old post. Heres a link with details. https://www.facebook.com/groups/3geez/permalink/10155611320491415/https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/6515e0b4509182bbbcfa04f5ed3c5cf1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/d39da74c87b05008a83acc0b2abacb8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk