PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy with new suspension setup...way too soft...

Kelvin
08-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Okay, I read a LOT about what was available for our cars on this forum, and I ended up buying Nuespeed springs (1.5" drop) and new KYB GR2 struts. I installed them... and I am going to state, with certainty, that the springrates listed in these forums are wrong. I know the neuspeeds are progressive, but they are REALLY REALLY REALLY soft, much softer than even stock springs. Sure, it looks cool lowered a little, but the car is not much fun to drive anymore, at all. Why? It's just entirely too soft. Also, on bigger bumps, the car bounces all ghetto style, and this is with NEW kyb GR2 struts.

All in all, I'm pretty disappointed. I also recently bought an 89 Prelude Si with 4 wheel steering, and I LOVE THE SUSPENSION ON THAT CAR. Is there anyway to swap prelude suspension into an accord? It's perfect. It's firm, but not punishing. It handles amazingly well!

Thanks!

A18A
08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah the lude ones would work in the accord, wohdog has done it (with minor mods?), but its lower in the front & higher at the back than stock. not sure if thats cause he has konis or if thats just how the lude ones are. im sure he'll point out my errors :)

ghettogeddy
08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
kyp are just stock replacmnets should have went with tokicos

DDRaptor
08-29-2007, 08:40 AM

:werd: you should have gotten those they are much stronger. kyb are just factory replacements you could put your stock springs back on with the kyb shocks and you'll be just fine.

Pico
08-29-2007, 08:41 AM

X2
I had the KYB's and was not happy at all after lowering the car.
I switched to Tokico's and I'm very happy with the ride

bobafett
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
yeah kyb gr2 struts are garbage. it probably feels like you are driving around on blown struts lol...

if you are picky, even h&r springs with tokicos isn't perfect. the good news is that we are starting to come up with some good strategies for getting good quality civic shocks to fit, but it definitely takes a big of work.

2oodoor
08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Let me add too, that having the alignment checked throughly after such and install will greatly improve the "attitude " of each corner of the car.
Compare it to walking on your heels or on the side of your foot, a little rougher on your skeleton.

MessyHonda
08-29-2007, 10:38 AM
well a shorter spring means more stiff ride. cheese has 2.25 inch lowering springs on kyb and he only says he only feels G-forces in the corners....no body roll.

2drSE-i
08-29-2007, 10:49 AM
its not the springs that are softer, its the struts. Where KYB's are supposedly 15% stiffer than stock (that IS what they claim), they do feel like shit. If you do some looking around (even on H-T, HondaSwap, etc) everyone says GR-2s are garbage. Unfortunately, you didnt take most peoples advice on spending the extra money on tokicos, but thats alright. I would check the alignment though, that would be a big problem

RobAutoBlog
09-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay, my account is all screwed up, and I tried emailing people, but nobody responded, so I made a new one. Anyway, what I mean is that it is too SOFT. The springs are DEFINITELY softer than stock springs, so I'm trying to tell you guys that the springrates for these are wrong. They are REALLY soft. It's not the struts. They work for the most part, except under large bumps.

Also, I asked a while ago about GR2s vs Tokico HPs and people said they were about the same.

AccordB20A
09-04-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah the lude ones would work in the accord, wohdog has done it (with minor mods?), but its lower in the front & higher at the back than stock. not sure if thats cause he has konis or if thats just how the lude ones are. im sure he'll point out my errors :)

the 3g lude rides beter cause its one of hondas "sports car" made to handle good from factory. and yes the suspension from it will fit but you will have to do mods.. honestly tho its not work it putting stock shocks out of a lude into your accord. i have koni yellow adjustables from a 3g lude in my car and they are 100 times better due to being ajustable the only problem is the ride heights all fucked up as a18a said. im 1.5 inch lower in the front and 1.5 inch higher in the rear.. still goes well tho

86AccordLxi
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Okay, my account is all screwed up, and I tried emailing people, but nobody responded, so I made a new one. Anyway, what I mean is that it is too SOFT. The springs are DEFINITELY softer than stock springs, so I'm trying to tell you guys that the springrates for these are wrong. They are REALLY soft. It's not the struts. They work for the most part, except under large bumps.

Also, I asked a while ago about GR2s vs Tokico HPs and people said they were about the same.

They are most assuredly not softer springs, unless you got the wrong ones or something. They're the softest of all the lowering springs, though.

Alex

RobAutoBlog
09-05-2007, 06:57 AM
They seems softer. Before, with stock suspension, I could feel every crack in the pavement, barely. Now, it just glides/floats over even bigger cracks in the pavement.

2drSE-i
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
dude its supposed to do that....thats what dampening is for. more than likely that means your struts were blown before

ghettogeddy
09-05-2007, 01:40 PM
dude its supposed to do that....thats what dampening is for. more than likely that means your struts were blown before

ya sounds like mine after i swaped the ebachs in, they when i got the tokicos in it was so much better
but the ebachs just werent low enough for me kinda wish i still had them

A18A
09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
why's he banned?

2ndGenGuy
09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
why's he banned?

Yeah WTF. He only had 2 posts, and I read them both. Maybe he was someone else who was previously banned as a new member?

86AccordLxi
09-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Yeah WTF. He only had 2 posts, and I read them both. Maybe he was someone else who was previously banned as a new member?

Yup.

Alex

MessyHonda
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
damn what a quick ban