PDA

View Full Version : Stock sound system/radio

JTM
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
So guys I got a car and it still has the stock 88' cassette player and radio from honda. It barely works, and when you get closer to it or touch the nob it gets really loud, like better reception. Do I need a new antenna, or is that just the radio. Before I buy a new player I wanna know if the antenna is shot. Thanks guys!
-JTM

DDRaptor
08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Grab the antenna through the window and see if reception increases. and your gonna replace the radio anyways go on ebay and get on of those hidden antenna you stick to your windshield and if your still in doubt get one that's amplified or a seperate amplifier. Then grab a stock radio from another honda with a cd player and it's plug and play.

MessyHonda
08-29-2007, 12:39 PM
get an aftermarket stereo...im happy with my pionner...sounds good...and plays mp3, wma and has a aux plug for the ipod. also replace your speakers

DBMaster
08-30-2007, 07:26 AM
I had a similar problem with my OEM unit a couple of years before I replaced it. I took the unit out, removed the fron portion of it, and sprayed the whole mess down with tuner cleaner spray. You can get a can at Radio Shack or Fry's. You basically have some mild corrosion built up inside the power/volume knob.

Going aftermarket will get you better sound and the ability to play CD's and/or connect a digital music player.