PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan

ryan2107
09-01-2007, 01:17 PM
One of my radiator fans dont turn on its the on on the drivers side a mechanic told me it would be about 150 to change it out with a used one what i was wondering if i go to the JY and get one what do u think the changes on it are working or how would i be able to test it ??? and also will it be hard to take the old one out and put the new one in??? and what i might need to do it??

thanks..

forrest89sei
09-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Well it could be the Timer under the Passenger side seat, it could be a relay, things like that, Changing them isn't too bad, Pretty much drain the Rad, remove the upper hose, then each fan has 4 X 10MM Bolts, also there are TWO Large plugs that you unplug, pretty much it.

If your interested I do have working fans that i could sell you from my part out and I would include every part you need sept the Fan Timer Relay that the Carb Cars didn't have.

Good Luck :D

ryan2107
09-01-2007, 01:52 PM
how much shipped to 90621?

LX-incredible
09-01-2007, 08:36 PM
You do not need to drain the radiator to get the smaller condenser fan out. Before replacing it, check the control module. It is under the passenger seat, to the left, and is black. Remove it and pop open the cover. There are 3 diodes, near the center, that are very prone to burning out. I've pulled 6 that had burnt diodes. The diodes are black with a silver stripe on one side. If you replace them, the stripe must face the same way. They are 50V 1A general purpose diodes, 1N4001, or something like that, $.50 at radioshack.

ryan2107
09-01-2007, 08:46 PM
You do not need to drain the radiator to get the smaller condenser fan out. Before replacing it, check the control module. It is under the passenger seat, to the left, and is black. Remove it and pop open the cover. There are 3 diodes, near the center, that are very prone to burning out. I've pulled 6 that had burnt diodes. The diodes are black with a silver stripe on one side. If you replace them, the stripe must face the same way. They are 50V 1A general purpose diodes, 1N4001, or something like that, $.50 at radioshack.

ok ill check it out tomorrow see what happens