PDA

View Full Version : It's coming back... hopefully!

deevergote
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, I sold my 86 hatch last year to a friend. He fell off the face of the earth, and resurfaced last week to tell me he's joining the Army... and that I can have my car back!

He fixed the suspension and brakes, which were some major issues on it. I bought it initially as a project, and it turned out to be more work than I was able to handle. He fixed a good number of things, and it might be worth my time now!

So, all I have to do is figure out how to replace the thermostat housing, and hope it makes it from VA to NJ! (it made the 18 hour trip from FL to NJ a few years ago when I bought it, and then from NJ to VA... so hopefully it's still good!)

With luck, I'll have my hatchie back to give it the attention it deserves!

JTM
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Nice man. Isn't it crazy how things work? Post some pics when you get it back!

deevergote
09-03-2007, 04:00 PM
For sure! It's still fairly ugly, but I don't think it's rusted or severely dented... it was ok when it left my driveway (a few small unfortunate roof dents from my walnut tree... didn't realize it until it was too late!)

I eventually want to paint the lower half black, and leave the upper half blue. Two-tone looks good on hatchbacks!

Still, mechanical issues are first. The suspension and brakes are fixed, but it needs new mounts, possibly a new transmission, and probably a new head. Good thing 3g parts are cheap!
I got the car as a turbo project... and then things kinda fell apart (and it was in worse shape than I expected). Maybe I'll finally continue down that road! It'd be nice to have a 3G that's at least as fast as my CB7!

MessyHonda
09-04-2007, 12:57 AM
woot...now post some pics when you get it.

'A20A3'
09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Deever!! what's up dude it's been ages glad to hear your getting your hatch back man. how's the CB7 doing? :wave:

Civic Accord Honda
09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
:d