PDA

View Full Version : Putting Some My Old School Back In

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
1600Watts of Pure Fosgate Power:wave:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/359000-359999/359877_344_full.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
cool

AccordB20A
09-07-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah bro booming with the old school

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-07-2007, 07:12 PM
yeah bro booming with the old school

Those two are just for my Highs and midbass

guaynabo89
09-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Looks good.
What are the specs?

Here is my one old school 5 channel. Dont mind the xplode emblem. It really isnt. Mobile ES ftw

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/Picture269.jpg

MessyHonda
09-08-2007, 12:11 AM
makes me wish i didnt trade my 900RMS old school kicker amp. that thing pounded with 2 10 inch type R subs

Cheeseburger
09-08-2007, 12:17 AM
dam those things are old!

guaynabo89
09-08-2007, 07:25 AM
yeah but it does the job just as good if not better than the new stuff. :D

I'll post some of the specs on mine later so you can see that its up there as far as sound. I rock the old school mobile es stuff.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-08-2007, 09:48 AM
yeah but it does the job just as good if not better than the new stuff. :D

I'll post some of the specs on mine later so you can see that its up there as far as sound. I rock the old school mobile es stuff.

The new fosgate amp's blow donkey ball's they don't sound as good or hit as hard as the older ones.

snoopyloopy
09-08-2007, 10:05 AM
sweet, almost makes me want to do something to my sound system.

guaynabo89
09-08-2007, 10:18 AM
The new fosgate amp's blow donkey ball's they don't sound as good or hit as hard as the older ones.

exactly

the new stuffs signal to noise and distortion levels can't touch what mine puts out. it can still compete with the best.

coope
09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
i luv fosgate shit it's the best to me but sony sux like heather brooke

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
exactly

the new stuffs signal to noise and distortion levels can't touch what mine puts out. it can still compete with the best.

Sony alway had clean sound but thay just don't the low end like fosgate for the bass but for sound quailty they are prefect.

guaynabo89
09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2000/158/h158XM7557.jpeg

General Overview: This is a five-channel amplifier with four channels (which can be bridged into two channels) and a separate subwoofer channel which can run in one of two modes:

Hi-Current Mode allows you to use speaker impedance of 1 to 2 ohms
Hi-Voltage Mode allows you to use speaker impedance of 2 to 8 ohms
Specifications

Specifications are given in both modes below. Note that the minimum bridged impedance of the main four channels is 4 ohms, the minimum impedance for the subwoofer channel is 1 ohm.

Rated output at 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, four channels:

75 watts x 4 (.04% THD, at 4 ohms)
90 watts x 4 (0.1%THD, at 2 ohms)
180 watts x 2 (0.1% THD, at 4 ohms)
Rated output at 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, Subwoofer channel:

Hi-voltage mode, 220 watts (0.04% THD at 4 ohms)
Hi-voltage mode, 280 watts (0.1% THD at 2 ohms)
Hi-current mode, 280 watts (0.1% THD, at 1 ohm)
Maximum (peak) output (Front/Rear + subwoofer):

150 watts x 4 + 500 watts x 1 (at 4 ohms)
360 watts x 2 + 500 watts x 1 (at 4 ohms)
Best frequency response: 5Hz - 100 kHz (+0/-3dB)

Features

Selectable Hi-Current or Hi-Voltage operation for the subwoofer channel ONLY

Pulse power supply regulates fluctuating voltage from a vehicle's battery while being light weight and highly efficient

Direct switch allows for best possible sound

Negative Feed Back circuit can be turned off for clearer sound

Independent voltage amplifier power supply

MOSFET Power Supply

Indicators on top of unit:

Mode indicator: One of two LEDs illuminate to show if the subwoofer channel is in High-Current or Hi-Voltage mode
Power/Protection indicators:
Over Current LED illuminates in green during normal operation, switches to amber during an over-current situation
Offset LED illuminates in green during normal operation, switches to amber when voltage going out is too high
Thermal LED illuminates in green during normal operation, switches to amber when the temperature rises to an unsafe level
Protection circuit:

Thermal protection
DC current
Speaker terminal short circuit
Inputs, Outputs, & Controls (all located on front of unit under removal terminal cover)

Gold plated stereo RCA inputs for front, rear and subwoofer channels.

Ground and +12v inputs: Gold plated terminal strip, note that there are two of each of these.

Remote input: Spring clip, accepts wire with AWG 22-16.

Hi-Current/Hi-Voltage switch: Allows you to select operating mode of subwoofer channel.

Test Tone recessed button: When pressed puts out a test tone that indicates that the unit is operating properly.

Speaker outputs: Three gold-plated terminal strips, one for the front speakers, one for the rear speakers and one for the subwoofer channel.

Low Boost level knobs: Two knobs, one for the front channels, the other for the rear channels. Allows you to boost bass by 0 to +10dB (centered at 40Hz).

Level Controls: Three knobs for the front, rear and subwoofer channels. Used to set input level.

Direct Switches: Three knobs for the front, rear and subwoofer channels. Can turn on or off. In the ON position the input signal does not go through the crossover or bass boost circuitry, which results in a cleaner signal for better sound quality.

Frequency Adjustment controls: Three controls for the front, rear and subwoofer channels, can be varied from 50Hz to 400Hz for the front and rear channels and from 50Hz to 200Hz for the subwoofer channel.

X10 Switches: Two switches for the front and rear channels, used to change crossover frequencies from 50-400Hz to 500Hz to 4kHz

Filter switches: Two crossover switches. Allows you to select low pass, high pass or off for the front and rear channels.

NFB switch: Negative Feed Back switch. Can select on and off, when on negative feed back is applied which reduces certain types of amplifier distortion but which some people claim muddies the sound. Note that usually all except high-end amplifiers use negative feed back. This switch affects the front, rear and subwoofer channels.

Subwoofer Boost/Low cut Freq. knob: Selects the frequency where bass boost will be applied and simultaneously sets the level for a subsonic filter that filters out extremely deep bass below the boost level. It can be varied from 7Hz to 40Hz.

Subwoofer Boost level: Used to amplify the level selected with the Boost/Low cut Freq. switch. Can be varied from 0 to +10dB of boost.

Input mode switch: Can select front, or front and rear. When no input lead is connected to the subwoofer input this switch allows you to select which signal is output through the subwoofer speaker output (the signal going into the front input or the signal going into the front and rear inputs)

Level/Boost level control: Can select level or boost to be controlled by the optional wired remote for the subwoofer channel.

Control input: Input for optional wired remote control which allows you to remotely control either the level or bass boost level of the subwoofer channel (looks like an RJ-14 telephone line jack).

I dont want to hijack your thread twoloudnproud. Im just trying to show these youngins that the oldscholl stuff puts out good too! :D

ghettogeddy
09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
kinda like my old fosgate setup lol
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b397/ghettogeddy/DSCF0674.jpg