PDA

View Full Version : cd changers

smufguy
09-14-2002, 08:20 PM
I have a Kenwood cassette player unit on my ride with a md and cd changer option. (on the back i have a S-video cable kinda shit inlet). i need a cd changer and planning to get one. if so, what should i get? Should i get just a kenwood one cause ppl told me that if its kenwood unit, u get a kenwood cd-changer, if its a sony headunit, u get a sony cd-changer. is it true? or can i get anything? does anyone here have a cd changer which is different than their head unit.

how do u hook it up to your headunit after u instal it?

dXsquared
09-14-2002, 08:48 PM
if you still have the manual check and see which kenwood changers work... i know i have an outlet on mine and i can control a KENWOOD changer from my head unit. if you wanna buy another one, you can but it wont be controled by ur head unit. you will ahev a RADIO broadcasted changer with remote and a LCD screen
Travis
oh yah and to answer ur question... any changer works with any head unit

smufguy
09-15-2002, 08:43 AM
Which one is cheaper? The stand alone with the lcd controller or the one that is controlled by the head unit?. I would prefer having it controlled by my head-unit. but which ever is cheaper would be fine. I looked in yahoo shoppping but they arelike 120 bucks (kenwood). if any cd changer is gonna work, hell i am going to walmart. hahaha.

T-Funk
09-15-2002, 06:55 PM
thats why i like mp3 capable decks, defeats the need of a cd changer

89accordlxi
09-15-2002, 07:13 PM
For simplicity and best quality, go white a changer that will plug into your deck. All you have to do is plug it into the back of the deck and your done... If you get a changer with RF modulator, you will have to connect a power wire and ground. you will also have to unplug the antenna from your deck, plug the antenna into the RF modulator and then plug the another antenna cable from the modulator into the deck. Plus you will need to mount the lcd screen somewhere. and the quality won't be near as good.

About the price... if you want quality, you are probably going to pay more for a Kenwood than you would something at wal-mart. But then again, if you buy just a changer that is controlled by your deck, it might cost less than if you bought a changer with RF module because you will be paying for the RF module as well.

So in the end, I would probably go with something that your deck can control.. That's my opinion.

Peace..

smufguy
09-16-2002, 11:57 AM
thats what i need 89accordlxi. I prefer something that i can control with my deck. yeah the deck are almost the same price as the cd changers, but sometimes ppl i take with me have casstte and if they wanna try and put it in my deck, they can cause its a audio deck. Thats why i dont wanna loose my casstte deck but also not fiddle with the personal cd player and car kit and have wires running all over the damn place. either way, i am gonna have the changer in my cabin and not in the trunk, cause of the obvious reasons as it getting hit by luggage or just getting hit by something rolling in the trunk.

Thanks guys. i will keep u posted if i find anything.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-16-2002, 01:48 PM
Dude!! which exact deck do u have??? give me the model # and the model # of the changer u want and i can get u price quote!! then u can compare the prices!! if u would like!! i purchased a 10 disc changer for 200 bucks.. connects right to my deck!! no hassel only one remote and it plays mp3's also!! mp3 suck to me!! just an opinion!!

T-Funk
09-16-2002, 04:59 PM
it plays mp3's but mp3 capable players suck to you? :o

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-16-2002, 05:29 PM
Yeah a lil!! Maybe cause I have a MD Player!! So I can just play them on the pc or whatever device and record the music!! Just not an MP Lover!! I know it has alot of memory capabilities, but just prefer the md Player!! just me!!

smufguy
09-16-2002, 07:03 PM
hey mat, its just a regular casset player with cd/md changer controller. i dont know the number of it as of yet, the car is in my uncle's garage. i will get u the number soon.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-16-2002, 07:34 PM
Ok kewl !! when ever u get a chance~!! but I will do a lil research!! this u can get the best price!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-16-2002, 07:34 PM
Ok kewl !! when ever u get a chance~!! but I will do a lil research!! this way u can get the best price!!what wrong with ur car?

smufguy
09-16-2002, 07:50 PM
as u can see in the pic, its wrecked and under efi conversion. going to the junk to chop off the front end from the headlights.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-17-2002, 07:12 PM
DUde!! 10 disk Changer for $200!! U can probably get it for less if u negotiate!! 6 disk Changer for $170 I would go for 10!! unless u prefer the slique look than go for the 6cd changer

smufguy
09-18-2002, 04:58 AM
dont stress out buddy, hehehe, i got no cash as of yet. i am just asking about it. i am gonna buy it, but not just yet. :)

sanjay
09-18-2002, 05:04 AM
hey praveen,
whadaya gonna do about the front end? find another 3Gee front end, or use another front end with a sweetass front spoiler?

smufguy
09-18-2002, 07:57 AM
i am in the process of chopping off the front end (from the back of the headlights to the front). from another 3g (89). ITs white but no one is gonna look at it cause its inside besides, pretty soon, i will get a paint job, so that should take care of it. And sanjay, i am also doing my efi conversion and just waiting for the fuel tank to finish everything off. man........ cant wait to drive my car.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
09-18-2002, 12:57 PM
No STress At all dude!!! just helping out a fellow broke person like myself!! :lol I know How u feel!!! All the wants in the w0rld and ten dollars to show for!!

smufguy
09-18-2002, 06:20 PM
true that/.