PDA

View Full Version : Werid Idle

alboy86
09-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Well my car has started to idle all over the place its worse when you stoped it would idle at 750 then stumble downn to just bearly running then go back up to normal, then go back down real quick and sometimes it wont do it. and if you give it a lot of gas when stoped it hesitates then once it picks up a little speed its fine on the freeway its fine but if your stoped and ya floor it its gunna stall or hesitate like crazy. im guessing fuel filters, and maybe3 fuel pump. any thoughts im gunna firts try to replace the filters, and see what that does.

2oodoor
09-09-2007, 01:47 AM
try a search, these are common problems to this car, but have many causes.
simplie things to check, vaccuum leaks, lube all linkages around carb with some wd forty, make sure your booster isnt loose inside the top of your carb (thing that looks like a tiny bugle sort of)http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48568

alboy86
09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
well checked the boosters both snug as a bug its only idles werid when its warm with the fast idle on it doesnt do it and if you give it a lot of gas in park. it stumbles the revs up. any ideas what it could be maybe i got a bad batch of gas. it doesnt idle werid while driving at least you cant notice it.

alboy86
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
well i checked the egr valve is it normal for it to move easily with my finger also if i push it up it stalls the car out. i remember last time i pushed on it had resistence. it has been really hot here in SD im thinking the heat had a little to do with it. i dont really want to take it to a shop for something that i can fix. its something that has to do with giving the carb gas, or a solinoid im guessing would the fuel solinoid cause this.

2oodoor
09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
glad to help but you got to understand that these cars can have that same symptom and have a virage of things that need to be checked, that is why I recommended a search. I can tell you what mine has done with those symptoms.. the fast idle pulloff diaphragm was not taking off fast idle even though the choke was off and the choke pulloff was in the proper position. These cars use two different pulloffs one for the choke, one for the fast idle.. which is crazy. I wound up just removing all of the electric choke and fast idle hardware and tie wrapped the choke blade open.. had no more problems. It started fine without a choke with just a few pumps of gas before cranking.
Something else it would do that matches your symptoms, the secondary diaphragm and secondary linkage would not close the secondary throttle butterfly and thus the secondary barrel would pull fuel at idle. A little penetrating lube all around the thottle shaft an linkages helped that tremendously.

alboy86
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
hmmm ill try giving the linkages a little lube its crazy how much stuff they put on these engines it make them run. it overwhelming when you look at all these lines and valves a wonder where to start ill give it a try thanks

2oodoor
09-12-2007, 09:09 AM
hmmm ill try giving the linkages a little lube its crazy how much stuff they put on these engines it make them run. it overwhelming when you look at all these lines and valves a wonder where to start ill give it a try thanks

I know it is a bitch to take off the air cleaner and all of the motions, everytime you have to fool with the carb. That is why I did this >>>>
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/Picture016.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/08-25-07_1544.jpg

alboy86
09-12-2007, 09:13 AM
i wish i could do that dam emmissions here in cali i have the civic air box mod but that wouldnt cause this ive had it on for a good 30,000 miles. ill just try replacing the fuel filters then see if the screen in the fuel pump is cloged is it pretty easy to get the pump out. i put mid grade gas in since gas prices are low. that whosssing noise that you get when you open you gas cap i get that sometimes sometimes i dont. i was reading the thread on it lol.

alboy86
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
well i gave up looking cars in the shop they guy there says it could be a couple of things. good thing would be a fuel pump bad the carb which would suck i called later he said it could be the distributor he still couldnt find out what it was. i went to honda afterward to look at cars what do you guys think of the new accords to me they look like beamers. also the V6 only gets 19Mpg in the city

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM
well i gave up looking cars in the shop they guy there says it could be a couple of things. good thing would be a fuel pump bad the carb which would suck i called later he said it could be the distributor he still couldnt find out what it was. i went to honda afterward to look at cars what do you guys think of the new accords to me they look like beamers. also the V6 only gets 19Mpg in the city

get a fit

alboy86
09-19-2007, 08:26 PM
i saw those they are tiny. only saw one there i saw an old school civic all restored i wasnt sure of the year it looked like a mini copper it wasnt for sale lol but it looked really nice

Whiter
09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Im actually having this exact same issue and its a nasty bitch to deal with. I just replaced the starter and now my car starts up perfectly with no rough sound the first few seconds like it used to but now it stalls on me all the fucking time with the exact same description as this. Difference is my car is standard