PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a crank pulley that would fit an 81 accord?

nichodawg
09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Hi All, Im new to this.
So basically what I have is and 81 accord lx that I have owned for 11 years now, and has been my backup car for years now. I just replaced about EVERYTHING under the hood over the last few months.
So my crank pulley was super wobly after driving it for a few days after the whole engine was replaced, So I take the pulley off, and its missing about 2 mm of the hub!

To make a long story short, I have looked EVERYWHERE for a new one, and have had little success. I'm driving on a new pulley from honda, but its missing the power steering belt seating on it.

Does anyone know where I can find a good used one that is not worn down???? Thanks in advance!

2ndGenGuy
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I MIGHT be able to score one for you. I know where there is an EK1 engine sitting in this dude's yard from an 81 LX. I don't know how good it is, but I'm going to go nab a valve cover and upper timing cover from it. It will be some time this week, and might be interesting getting the pulley off. :)

nichodawg
09-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Man that would be so awesome! is there anything that you might need? I have lots of ek1 parts sitting around?

xvok
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
i will accept parts for john oil pan plz

2ndGenGuy
09-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Damnit! I forgot to go to that guys house today. I don't know why I didn't think to do it. I will head out there tomorrow. Hey xvok, if you come with me out there, we can steal the oil pan off of that motor for yours. I didn't even think about it until now. So we can go get:

Valve Cover and Upper Timing Cover for Offthahook
Crank Pulley for Nichodog
Oil Pan for Xvok

If the Oil pan from the '81 EK1 won't fit on the '82 EK1, then I might be willing to trade Nichodog for that crank pulley, if you've got an '82 EK1 hanging out.... :D Then we've all got the EK1 parts we need.

2ndGenGuy
09-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Okay good news. I went over there and got all the parts. The crank pulley is a little rusty because it's been sitting outside, but I think you could probably clean it up. I got all the other parts too. W00t!

carotman
09-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Just grab the whole engine :D

offthahook
09-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Once again, 2ndgenguy comes through in the clutch. He would get that whole engine, but I think he is out of space to store stuff. I guess he could spread a tarp open on his bedroom floor and gain some storage space that way...

2ndGenGuy
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Once again, 2ndgenguy comes through in the clutch. He would get that whole engine, but I think he is out of space to store stuff. I guess he could spread a tarp open on his bedroom floor and gain some storage space that way...

Hell, I live on 2 1/2 acres. I should just toss it out in the field behind the creek... Seems to be what a lot of people do! Like the guy I was snaggin' parts from! ;)