PDA

View Full Version : wont start

franks89sir
09-14-2002, 08:52 PM
alright forthe past week my car has been acting funny when i get in and turn the key nothin happens all i hear is one click then i wait like 3 sec and do it again and it starts right up but sometimes i wil turn the key several times tel it starts has anyone else had this proble,

dosh8er
09-15-2002, 08:04 AM
might be a starter solenoid? You say you try to start it, it clicks, then you try it again, and it eventually cranks? That would be a starter/starter solenoid.

If it's actually cranking over, (you can hear that motory wine sound of the starter) then it could be something related to the fuel or ignition system.

need more info.

ACCORD EX
09-15-2002, 01:54 PM
if the motor turns but no start ! so it could be your main relay ! ( do you hear a clicking noise when ignition on ! ?
if the engine doesn't turn , check the starter ground ! could be loose !

MIKE

franks89sir
09-15-2002, 05:08 PM
well i took the starter cable off the starter and cleaned it off and now it starts right up

kennycm
09-18-2002, 10:54 AM
thanks, i have that same problem. You say that all u did was clean off the wires and it helped, how'd u do that?

bigpoppa88
09-18-2002, 11:10 AM
Same here, it was becoming more constant so I just switched a different started from the junkyard for $10.00. So far so good (1 week).

franks89sir
09-23-2002, 03:52 PM
yeah all i did was pullof the wire that goes to the starter cleaned the starter thing where the wire conects to and cleaned the connecter on the wire buy using a wire brush and i sprayed some battery protector on it then after i did that it cranked right up