PDA

View Full Version : brake conversion

turabaka
09-10-2007, 09:22 PM
So I've been reading up on converting the brakes on my hatch to 11" front and rear disc. I know that I can use Acura legend discs on the front, but can I also use them on the back? Or are the Civic Si the only ones that'll fit? I guess what I'm asking is can I just buy a set of four legend rotors (two front, and two rear) and do the conversion with those, or am I going to have to mix and match rotors?

edit: I just remembered this. If yes to the legend rotors. Can I also use Acura Integra Type-R calipers on the back? Or do I have to use Legend calipers? And just one more to annoy the hell out of you all. Are there any other choices for rotors aside from the legend rotors?

turabaka
09-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I seem to have found an answer to my own question. Tell me if this is right or not. I can use Legend rotors on all four wheels, And I can use type-r calipers on all four as well. But, before I do that I have to upgrade the hub on the two front wheels to lx-i or se-i and I have to do the se-i disc conversion. Is all of that right?

BITESIZE
09-10-2007, 11:54 PM
You have to upgrade to lxi hubs first. I have lxi rear drum hubs with complete brakes if you want them. You know where I live, so come get them.

turabaka
09-11-2007, 07:10 AM
You have to upgrade to lxi hubs first. I have lxi rear drum hubs with complete brakes if you want them. You know where I live, so come get them.

sweet!! how much you want for them?

Legend_master
09-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Ok wow you have it all wrong. The Legend rotors dont just bolt on; you have to have them redrilled to 4x100, the legend rotors dont work in the rear they are to small, nobody has ever used rear type r calipers on our cars yet, and there is no need because they are the same size as our rear calipers. Go read the threads a little more in debth, because you are very mis-informed.

turabaka
09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
I know that you have to have the legend rotors redrilled to 4x100 the only thing I didn't know was if I could use them on the back as well. so what rotors do I have to use on the back? and are you saying that I can reuse se-i calipers?

turabaka
09-11-2007, 08:49 AM
nvm on the se-i calipers question. I know I can use legend calipers on the back with a little modding. Can I also do that on the front or do I absolutely have to use a type-r caliper? Please don't flame me. I'm a newb. hehe. :Owned:

Legend_master
09-11-2007, 08:50 AM
I know that you have to have the legend rotors redrilled to 4x100 the only thing I didn't know was if I could use them on the back as well. so what rotors do I have to use on the back? and are you saying that I can reuse se-i calipers?

Sei calipers and brackets + sei disk, or Legend calipers and brackets + Powerslot 11" 99 civic rotors with some modifications. Or Sei brackets + modified Legend calipers + sei rotors.Thats it :)

Legend_master
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
nvm on the se-i calipers question. I know I can use legend calipers on the back with a little modding. Can I also do that on the front or do I absolutely have to use a type-r caliper? Please don't flame me. I'm a newb. hehe. :Owned:

Yes you can bolt the legend calipers on the front with the Legend rotors.

turabaka
09-11-2007, 12:23 PM
awesome! Thanks so much for the help! tell me if this is right. legend calipers front & rear. se-i hubs front & rear. legend rotors up front and se-i rotors in the back. If that's all good I think that's the setup I'm going to go with. do the lx-i and se-i have the same hubs?

2drSE-i
09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
youve still got it wrong. Legend Calipers wont work on the front, Legend rotors up front, redrilled to 4x100, Civic Powerslot rotors in rear (already 4x100) and you can use either legend calipers in the rear or keep the SE-i ones. I suggest the Legend calipers, just because they are larger.

turabaka
09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes you can bolt the legend calipers on the front with the Legend rotors.

so this is wrong and I have to use a type-r caliper?

Legend_master
09-11-2007, 03:20 PM
awesome! Thanks so much for the help! tell me if this is right. legend calipers front & rear. se-i hubs front & rear. legend rotors up front and se-i rotors in the back. If that's all good I think that's the setup I'm going to go with. do the lx-i and se-i have the same hubs?

You have to modify the Legend calipers to use the with the SE-i caliper bracket in the rear. There is a how to thread in the how to suspension section. The front 88-89 Lxi hubs are the same as the SE-i, but the rear lx-i will not work from any year, they never had lx-i's with disk brakes.

Legend_master
09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
youve still got it wrong. Legend Calipers wont work on the front, Legend rotors up front, redrilled to 4x100, Civic Powerslot rotors in rear (already 4x100) and you can use either legend calipers in the rear or keep the SE-i ones. I suggest the Legend calipers, just because they are larger.

Actually dude you can use legend calipers, there just not as good as ITR calipers.

turabaka
09-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Actually dude you can use legend calipers, there just not as good as ITR calipers.

so the type-r calipers are the better choice? If so I think I'll go with those on the front instead of legend calipers.

2drSE-i
09-11-2007, 09:17 PM

oh that i didnt know. good info in this thread!

Bones
10-14-2007, 07:35 PM

I've seen Tenzo-R big brake kits for the 99-00 Civics listed as 11.1" rear rotors as well on ebay. Looks like it may be a possible alternative to the Powerslot brand.

Bidding has ended but the pics/info is still here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200158537708&rd=1

MessyHonda
10-15-2007, 04:00 AM
I've seen Tenzo-R big brake kits for the 99-00 Civics listed as 11.1" rear rotors as well on ebay. Looks like it may be a possible alternative to the Powerslot brand.

for me it would look kinda dumb having bigger brakes in the back then on the front. even tho the stock Se-i set up does have very small rear disks....i tend to lock up my front and i hate it. im also running a se-i prop valve so its not the problem.