PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna go DEAF!

1989 Lxi Coupe
09-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Today I went to Mienike (spelling?) and had them redo my exhaust system. If you recall my other posts I needed a new flex pipe and muffler. I talked with the guy and we decided to run 2.25 in pipe all the way from the header/flexpipe. He installed a new flex pipe, high flow cat, pipes and my dynomax ultraflow welded round muffler and a cool tip. He did not put on a resonator. At first it was amazing!! It roured like mad!! I'm now the proud owner of the loudest exhaust at my school :pimp: . However once I started driving it around for a bit, It was way to loud, cant hear anything, makes my ears hurt. I think after I show it off a bit, for a week or 2, I'll throw a resonator on there.

PS: Its almost as loud as my friends duel exhaust 64 impala!! :rice:

1989se-i
09-14-2002, 10:28 PM
i want one!

Jims 86LXI HB
09-14-2002, 10:39 PM
You guys are nuts. Please don't drive by my house. I might have to throw out a spike strip.:stick: :lol

A20A1
09-14-2002, 10:43 PM
start bustin them out... I just spent the day repairing my electric welder... I's straight pipe time!!!! Mwahahaha!

Jims 86LXI HB
09-14-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
start bustin them out... I just spent the day repairing my electric welder... I's straight pipe time!!!! Mwahahaha!

Your kiddin right? Of all the people I'd think you'd be the last one to do that. Is your cam a race grind?

A20A1
09-14-2002, 11:13 PM
yes... I'm sure you've visited my site before.... right?

...actually I need a header... then I was gonna weld on the flex pipe to the downpipe... the the cat is heavy... I need to dump it... I think it may be clogged as well since my cars been running so rich in the past.

1989 Lxi Coupe
09-15-2002, 04:51 PM
I figured out a tempory solution. On my way home, with my ears throbbing, I stoped at home depot and got myself some earplugs!! AHHH relief!! And it still sounds cool and LOUD to everyone else. Im a genius... :cool:

shepherd79
09-15-2002, 05:45 PM
you guys are nuts.
i think the loud muffler is cool but in some way. i don't want to sound like buldozer, so everyone mile away can hear me.
i like nice deep sound outside but nice and mellow inside.

1989 Lxi Coupe
09-15-2002, 06:33 PM
Shepherd, thats what i wanted, but i got a little carried away. I LOVE the tone that it makes though. Its just 2 loud. :)

smufguy
09-15-2002, 07:46 PM
hahaha mike needs a brain transplant. dude stop smoking weed.!!!!

Bullfrog
09-15-2002, 08:19 PM
hey man..i have a ? and a comment..i bought a Cherrybomb Glasspack for the car..it soulds really good when all the other exaust holes are pached...i had to replace my flex pipe and i didnt have the money for a new one so i put a strait pipe in..but when i clamped it in place it didnt clamp right so ihave a hissing/engine sound comming from under the car..but when its all patched...moderate humm..slight buz sound inside.....you can tell when listeing to a song with some bass in it..outside its sounds ok..purrs almost...not a deep bellow when accelerating but it sounds nice....can hear the car comming form about 500 yds away.....im happy..my ? was who makes the cherrybomb glasspack! i could not find the maufaturing company on the box anywhere:rolleyes: ........well go anoiance of neigbors keep up the good work

bigpoppa88
09-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Not an answer to who makes the cherry Bomb, but just to add I had put one on my son's '88 accord ltd, took out the resonator and replaced that with straight pipe and it sounds nice. A mellow purr not loud. So just commenting that I don't think it's the resonator that will mellow out "89 lxi coupe's" sound but his muffler should be swapped to tone the volume down.

GreenMachine
09-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Want size piping does everyone use ? 2" or 2 1/4"

I'm curiuos cause I was gonna have the exact same that is listed except with a hollowed out cat, Cause don't have any emmisions to worry about. maybe I should stick with 2". any suggestions

A20A1
09-16-2002, 12:32 AM
Check out the link below... I took a picture of 2.5" and 1.75" exhaust pipes side by side. :D

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6235

SQ is the SQUAD
09-17-2002, 08:33 AM
before i brought my pacesetter setup i had a 2in straight pipe with a cherrybomb muffler, it wasent that loud but could be tuned down a bit, i think he resignator would of helped the sound

A20A1
09-17-2002, 07:27 PM
nah you can rely on a good muffler to give you the proper sound... heck with or without the resonator, my muffler still had the same low tone, and I bet it will still be low even with the cat removed.

V8Astro Captain
09-17-2002, 08:01 PM
My brother had a GReddy catback on his '96 Accord and it sounded good...for a 4 banger. It was really mellow and had a pissed-off growl at WOT, but it wasn't ricey.