PDA

View Full Version : Had a question about Ac fan. Want feedback.

mushroom_toy
09-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Well I was thinking one of the fans was used for the AC when it came on right? Well I no longer have ac...so I have a fan that is useless to me as it sits...just weighing more. So should I go ahead and wire it up to a switch to turn on from inside the cabin, should i remove it completely, or should I wire it into the other fan to come on at a certain temp.? Oh btw I mean the second radiator fan, not the blower fan.

russiankid
09-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I would wire it up to come on with the other one. I think both of mine come on when the fans come on without the A/C on.

mushroom_toy
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Well since I took the ac out the one doesnt come on i dont think... dont know if it was used for ac or not, although it always kicked on when I turned my ac on.

Bglad420
09-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I just removed mine when I ripped the AC out, oped up A LOT of room.

labeledsk8r
09-13-2007, 06:55 PM
both takeing it fully out, or wireing it to a switch is helpfull, i had mine out for months and it ran great, more room means easyer heat transfer, then when i drove it accross country i threw it abck in so a switch and that aswell works great, i would say if you have a lot of stop and go, or alot of race track use were you want a cool down sesion then leave that little fan with a switch, if not rip it out and enjoy more room

mushroom_toy
09-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Yeah I think Im gonna wire it up to a switch, just seems like a good option at the moment, because mostly all I do around here is top and go traffic.

Pico
09-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Both of mine still kick on to cool thing down even without the ac

Pico
09-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah I think Im gonna wire it up to a switch, just seems like a good option at the moment, because mostly all I do around here is top and go traffic.

just change over to the hayden fan's like I got both of them way less then just one of the stock fans

mushroom_toy
09-13-2007, 09:47 PM
just change over to the hayden fan's like I got both of them way less then just one of the stock fans

Im not having to buy new fans though. Is that what youre saying? Or youre saying the weight is less on the hayden fans?

Demon1024
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
MIne stopped coming on too. thought about wiring it straight in but that it might cause a problem with current or something. has any one ever tried hooking them up in series +fan-+fan- ? how long u think that would last i've got a bunch of spare fans

Civic Accord Honda
09-13-2007, 10:08 PM
MIne stopped coming on too. thought about wiring it straight in but that it might cause a problem with current or something. has any one ever tried hooking them up in series +fan-+fan- ? how long u think that would last i've got a bunch of spare fanshttp://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/civicaccordhonda/FanWirediagram.jpg

Demon1024
09-13-2007, 10:45 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7053/lighskh8.th.png (http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lighskh8.png)
Correct me if wrong but wouldn't the fans just spins faster and last half as long?
or because they would'nt have to spin as long to cool last just as long? not an experienced electrician, trying to learn here...

labeledsk8r
09-13-2007, 10:51 PM
if you do it that way if one fan blows out they both dont work, same as a light bulb, belive it or not cah has a good wireing digram for running both fans on one switch (just poorly drawn, and if both your fans dont work then you need a new thermo switch for the large fan, the other is for AC, sorry for thread jack mushroom

Pico
09-14-2007, 04:02 AM
Im not having to buy new fans though. Is that what youre saying? Or youre saying the weight is less on the hayden fans?

the hayden ones are lighter in weight IMO and sit more flush then the OE Fan's so that you have more room in front to work on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/100_0809.jpg

AccordEpicenter
09-14-2007, 04:18 AM
I just removed mine when I ripped the AC out, oped up A LOT of room.

thats what i did and just for that reason

mushroom_toy
09-14-2007, 07:41 AM
^So youre running single fan with turbo? I might rip it, or I might wire it in...im still wondering how much better flow I will get with 2 fans running minus one.

Bglad420
09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I've never had a problem with temps getting to high and thats with long long 6-8 non stop drives, and being in stop and go traffic. That additional fan is to help cool when AC is on cause AC will over heat your engine.

mushroom_toy
09-14-2007, 07:51 AM
^I know that but I was figuring it might help just a little bit more.

Civic Accord Honda
09-14-2007, 12:04 PM
the hayden ones are lighter in weight IMO and sit more flush then the OE Fan's so that you have more room in front to work on
OoOoOOoOOooOo I WANT THOS FANS LINKY!!

russiankid
09-14-2007, 03:03 PM
^I know that but I was figuring it might help just a little bit more.

Try driving the car everyday but without turning the extra fan on. See what happens, any temperature increase etc..then run with it on, see what you like best.

2oodoor
09-14-2007, 04:45 PM

definatley a sweet set up Pico...

Mushroom Toy...
If you piggyback off the rad fan, use a relay so it doesnt pull on that circuit so much. I like the more late model fans, lighter and less juice to run them. You may find some in the junkyard that would work , get the shroud that they go with too though.

mushroom_toy
09-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah I think Im just gonna pul it off tomorrow and be single fan for the time being.

LX-incredible
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
The smaller fan should be on whenever the main fan is on. If the smaller fan did come on with the AC, I would check the fan control module. It is under the passenger seat and is black. Remove it and pop off the cover. There are 3 diodes, right next to each other, that are VERY prone to burning out. They are black with a blue or silver stripe.
-ll lllll-

bubba g
09-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Mushroom, you have to think that you live in Georgia. It's alot hotter there than New york or Washington. That's just my thought. You may need the other fan.

mushroom_toy
09-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Yeah I actually hooked it back up, and decided to leave it alone.

-$MOKIN-
09-19-2007, 07:49 PM
i would just take the fan out. or wire it to the other fan and it would come on when the thermo opened