PDA

View Full Version : Please !!!

kennycm
09-15-2002, 12:12 AM
Someone please help me, I have three bad screws on my front tire, you know, the one that holds the you screw the lug nuts on to that attach the rim to the car. I forgot what you call it, anyways, I bought three new ones and I need to put them on but my boy said that I may have to take it to a machine shop to do it, does anyone know how to get off these screws, it seems like something behind it is stopping me from tapping it out completely. Please help me asap. I need to get back on the road, i've been down for like a month.:rice: :rice: :badass:

A20A1
09-15-2002, 01:32 PM
So wait is it a SCREW that is stuck or is it a LUG NUT that is stuck?

dXsquared
09-15-2002, 02:10 PM
i think he means the studs. they are probably pressed in. go to honda and ask them.
Travis

kennycm
09-15-2002, 06:30 PM
yeah, my studs are pressed in. I am going to ask the honda dealer as well as other shops how to replace them. i just wanted to know if anyone knew before hand.

smufguy
09-15-2002, 06:51 PM
its a werid reason why the studs would be locked in. Its gonna be an ugly job. but hope it does not cost u an arma and a leg.

kennycm
09-15-2002, 08:19 PM
there is something behind it stopping it from coming all the way out, it goes back a little but then it has metal blocking it.

smufguy
09-16-2002, 08:36 PM
try and see if u can get a hub from the junkyard that is in good shape. probably someone over torqued them.

night
09-16-2002, 11:04 PM
u dont have to split the hub. just cut the bad ones off and find some that have a flat edge on the head or cut the corner off yourself and it *should* slide by

kennycm
09-17-2002, 09:19 AM
thanks ya'll, i got it fixed

3G Jester
09-18-2002, 04:17 AM
i have to replace one of the 4 bolts that hold on the tire once...that SUCKED...it broke in half(reason i needed to replace it) and when i poped out the brken peice it went flying into the breaking components behind the disk and got caght under a spring atached to the break disks...took me 30 goddamn minutes to get it out....ick

89 Accords Rock
09-20-2002, 06:14 AM
to replace the studs. all you have to do is take a ball pine hammer and hit it a few times use some lube too if ya want, liquid wrench works better ther wd40 since wd heats up and makes things harder to get off. umm yeah and just bang it a few times they should pop off, and then to get them back on all you have to do is remove your front disk and and bang the new ones in... its really simple should take you all of 30 minutes.

89lxi95zx7
09-20-2002, 07:35 AM
i just put breaks on my girls neon, SOBs at sears cross threaded 3 lugs,all the were doing was a rotation(free) so what was free ended up costing me a couple bucks and a whole day!!...just needed to slide in studs, put a couple washers on it and tighten down lug nut, easily pressed on,not the case w/ our cars.