PDA

View Full Version : SE-i Bose Amp specs

Blkblurr
09-15-2007, 03:40 AM
It looks like my amp in my Se-i is the problem. I replaced the head unit and I still have the low volume issue. Does anyone know what the output power specs are for this amp? If I remember right it's 140 watts RMS per channel.

MessyHonda
09-15-2007, 11:09 AM
It looks like my amp in my Se-i is the problem. I replaced the head unit and I still have the low volume issue. Does anyone know what the output power specs are for this amp? If I remember right it's 140 watts RMS per channel.

140RMS on each channel is very high. the paper speakers would turn into dust...even my aftermarket amp only puts out 70RMS per channel. check if Forrest has the brochure for the SE-i

w261w261
09-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I checked both my owner's manual and the SE-i brochure; neither has amp specs for the Bose system. I would estimate that the amp is about 20 watts per channel, 25 tops.

I lost one of my channels several years ago, and sent the amp back to Bose for repair. Besides charging me $100, their customer service was really abysmal. They took a couple of months, I had to call them half a dozen times in order to speak to a real human on the phone, etc. They clearly didn't want to bother.

Blkblurr
09-17-2007, 07:03 AM
I suspect it's higher than 25 watts because the head unit I put in is 22 watts per channel and I get distortion with music that has good bass. I never did with the Bose amp when it was working.

2ndGenGuy
09-17-2007, 07:28 AM
I would doubt it's much more than 25 watts. Just because a modern deck says it's pushing 22 watts per channel doesn't mean it really is. Probably realistically a 22 watt deck is pushing 7-10. There's just not enough room in a single-din form factor to push any kind of power IMO.

MessyHonda
09-17-2007, 01:24 PM
I would doubt it's much more than 25 watts. Just because a modern deck says it's pushing 22 watts per channel doesn't mean it really is. Probably realistically a 22 watt deck is pushing 7-10. There's just not enough room in a single-din form factor to push any kind of power IMO.

yeah i have a pioneer and it says 50 watts per channel but it only does 22RMS per channel....it sounds alright and subs do help get more clear high tones out of the deck since its not have to push alot of bass out of the speakers.

Blkblurr
09-18-2007, 05:14 AM
The deck's rating is 22 watts rms 50 watts peak. With today's amp technology, it's easy to get that kind of power out of a box that size. It's all about cooling. I talked to Bose about the amp and they are researching the specs and said they would call me back about it. Some how I don't think I will get a call though.

HondaBoy
09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
id suspect per channel, about 45-70 watts if its a 120 watt system.

w261w261
09-19-2007, 07:56 AM
You actually talked to a real human being at Bose. Now that's what I call progress, ................or luck. If they do call you back let us know what they said.

Blkblurr
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
You actually talked to a real human being at Bose. Now that's what I call progress, ................or luck. If they do call you back let us know what they said.
Will do. No luck yet though.