PDA

View Full Version : Need help fast guys about Valve Stem Seals

mushroom_toy
09-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Alright so I got the vc off, also got the rocker assembly off, etc.etc. Im down to the part where I either have to used compressed air or a rope. So I dont have an air compressor nor the fitting, so Im using a rope. Heres the deal I can get the rope stuffed in the combustion chamber, but it will not catch period. My rope is rather thin, but still i have like 3-5 feet of rope in the chamber. I have turned it over twice after being before top dead center and the rope would not catch. Is there anything I can try?

xvok
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
what is it sposed to cetch into in the combustion chamber

2ndGenGuy
09-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I thought you shoved the rope in there so that it would mash between the valves and piston. That way the valve doesn't fall down into the head... so yeah, not sure what you mean it won't catch?

bubba g
09-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Are you saying the motor won't deadhead against the rope when you bring the motor to tdc of that cylinder? I would say you need to use 3/8" rope or bigger. That way it will fill the cylinder and combustion chamber and not have as many gaps to compress into. If that makes sense? Smaller rope will work but you will have to use more of it. Make sure you have the rockers off so rope doesn't go into a runner and hang a valve open when you turn the motor over.

mushroom_toy
09-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Nevermind I just didnt have the rop in far enough i only had about 3-5 feet in there, and I ended up putting about 6-8 foot of rope in there. Im just putting the vc back on now, so well see how she works. Thanks for all your hel guys/