PDA

View Full Version : Florida/Georgia Meet, December 2007

Vanilla Sky
09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Alright, It's been a LONG time since we've had a Florida meet. This will be the third I've planned, so I hope it turns out better than the previous two.

There are a few places that I'm currently looking at.

Ocala Gran Prix (Ocala, FL): http://ocalagranprix.com/index.php

Wild Adventures (Valdosta, GA): http://www.wildadventures.net/

Cypress Gardens (Winter Haven, FL): http://www.cypressgardens.com/index.php

If you don't want to spend around $50 for something to do, toss out a suggestion for something else.

As for dates, I would like to shoot for December 8, 2007. I'm going to be busy on December 15, 2007, so that day is out. December 1, 2007 is open.

Please leave responses here, rather than by PM. Doing this will make my job as event planner easier.

Looking forward to seeing you guys!

2oodoor
09-18-2007, 03:58 AM
Is wild adventures open in december, like the rides and stuff?

guaynabo89
09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
i dont know man. most everyone is broke so for the people that have to drive that'll be alot of money spent on top of gas. freee parks with shade and plenty of parking would be nice.

plus i dont think we even have 5 active florida members now.

plus you always bail too! :tongue:

labeledsk8r
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Man like i was saying in the chat it figures right after i move another florida meet comes up, but i know of 2 other ocala members so mayby they will see this and like that, i know unforgivenpyro had to miss out on the last florida meet as well as me, good luck guys

lostforawhile
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
valdosta:wave: only 45 minutes from me yay!!! and for info go to wildadventures.net

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2007, 07:27 PM
I've never bailed on a meet I set up :p

Yes, Wild Adventures has their rides open in December. I'd imagine Splash Island would be down, but other than that, I don't see why they'd close anything else down.

If you guys want to toss anything out that's free, let me know. I'll be on the lookout for places.

Does anyone want to suggest an area? I'd prefer to have a meet somewhere that we haven't held one.

Tampa could be a nice place as well.

While it would be pretty cold on the beach, I think it would be cool to get beach pics with our cars.

In the end, I'd like to keep it no farther south than Tampa or Orlando.

lostforawhile
09-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I've never bailed on a meet I set up :p

Yes, Wild Adventures has their rides open in December. I'd imagine Splash Island would be down, but other than that, I don't see why they'd close anything else down.

If you guys want to toss anything out that's free, let me know. I'll be on the lookout for places.

Does anyone want to suggest an area? I'd prefer to have a meet somewhere that we haven't held one.

Tampa could be a nice place as well.

While it would be pretty cold on the beach, I think it would be cool to get beach pics with our cars.

In the end, I'd like to keep it no farther south than Tampa or Orlando.
well if you want free the moultrie area is about 45 minutes from valdosta
and you could just rent a pavillion at reed binghnam state park. pretty nice place. and it would be cheap,i think three bucks parking and the pavvilion. then we could park and hang out with the cars, and no cops or anything hassling us.plus maby cook out. there also may be something like it closer to the middle between georgia and florida. and reed binghnam has electricity at the pavillions. nice place for a photoshoot too. there may be a faster way to it from 75 but i can't remember it's right on the colquitt county/cook county line. also it it rains you can still cook out and have shelter from the weather.

sleeperheaven
09-21-2007, 07:19 AM
im up for anything you all decide to do

Vanilla Sky
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I may be doing a cookout at my new house some time in November. I'll let everyone know when and if I have one.

Does anyone know much about Lake City? Maybe something at Suwanne River State Park?

http://local.google.com/local?f=q&hl=en&q=30.37881104870,-83.16578537440&ll=30.378799,-83.165817&spn=0.293815,0.686646

http://www.floridastateparks.org/suwanneeriver/default.cfm

Camping is available, as are cabins. it's $45 a night for cabins that sleep 6. For $7.50 a person, we can sleep in a cabin, if we do chose to overnight at the park.

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure I'll be able to make it or not. I'll be living up in N. GA by then, so I'll just have to play it by ear :)

lostforawhile
10-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Hmmm... I'm not sure I'll be able to make it or not. I'll be living up in N. GA by then, so I'll just have to play it by ear :)where are you going in north georgia? we need to have a north georgia meet one day,i used to live there it's only four hours for me to get there or less from south georgia. we have a number of north georgia members including mushroom toy i believe.

2oodoor
10-08-2007, 03:48 AM
Im up for it still. I have some work to do on the car yet though for a trek like that, slinging some oil on the T belt now, my slack ass aint got to it yet.
It is four hours and about twenty minutes to Valdosta for me one way.
Swanee park looks cool but there are many choices here.
I mentioned Highfalls park right off I-75 in an earlier GA meet, there is a cool nature zoo thing about a mile from there too. Just north of Forsyth.
Reed Bingham looks good too. The Georgia Agrirama/ Tifton....Warner Robins Aeronautical museum...

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
where are you going in north georgia? we need to have a north georgia meet one day,i used to live there it's only four hours for me to get there or less from south georgia. we have a number of north georgia members including mushroom toy i believe.

I'm moving to the Athens area :)

SZfiftyfour
10-08-2007, 05:13 PM
cool Im in. Valdosta is probably about as far as i can drive though.

lostforawhile
10-08-2007, 06:02 PM
cool Im in. Valdosta is probably about as far as i can drive though.yea i'm the closest to valdosta. only 40 miles we used to go there all the time,as a matter of fact i used to work at wild adventures on the weekends. the eighty mile round trip got too much though.

lostforawhile
10-08-2007, 06:03 PM
if we had planned this sooner we could have gone to the phobia thing at wild adventures with a wendys ticket you could do all the haunted houses and stuff for thirty bucks a person. thats from 3 to close.

EricW
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Valdosta's good for me or Tampa since I have relatives there, Lake city's not a bad drive either.

guaynabo89
10-08-2007, 09:48 PM
I cant travel right now, and probably wont be able to for months. :(

MessyHonda
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
I cant travel right now, and probably wont be able to for months. :(

get that car running then.

2oodoor
10-09-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm moving to the Athens area :)
Wow you're in for a treat !!

That will be cool to have an admin so close, an hour away, you will like the area, but still there is the urban sprawl, I am sure not as bad as Laurderdale.

lostforawhile Re: Florida/Georgia Meet, December 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if we had planned this sooner we could have gone to the phobia thing at wild adventures with a wendys ticket you could do all the haunted houses and stuff for thirty bucks a person. thats from 3 to close

my luck always a day late and a coupon short, lol..

One of the aspects of trip planning for me is, if to bring the family along or not. If I did, I would not drive the Accord, the tires would probably catch on fire, lol.. unless I brought two veh. or trailer my car.

guaynabo89
10-09-2007, 04:15 AM
get that car running then.

lol

has nothing to do with that. its ready to go just needs some tuning.

Vanilla Sky
10-09-2007, 04:41 AM
If we did this in Lake City, I'd like to know who would be interested in staying in a cabin at the park. Like I was saying, cabins are $45 each for a night. Right now, December 8, looks best for myself. What about you guys?

russiankid
10-09-2007, 06:08 AM
If the drive wasn't so long i would go. I am in New Orleans.

SZfiftyfour
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
If we did this in Lake City, I'd like to know who would be interested in staying in a cabin at the park. Like I was saying, cabins are $45 each for a night. Right now, December 8, looks best for myself. What about you guys?

What kind of park is it? theme, fishing, nature, water.
8th is good. I'm off on weekends so im good for any sat/sun really.:)

Vanilla Sky
10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Nature. There's also the Suwannee River Music Park that's not too far away.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/suwanneeriver/Activities.cfm

There is the link for all of the available activites.

lostforawhile
10-10-2007, 05:28 PM
if i get to come i will bring the carb project with me as well as some of the other projects it will probably be summer before i can get the carbs installed but i'll bring them anyway.

Vanilla Sky
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Okay, it has come to my attention that December would be a bad time for the meet. What do you guys think about mid January? I think camping in the cold would kick ass. You know, makes you grow chest hair and all.

mushroom_toy
10-25-2007, 12:49 AM
^I didnt see this earlier or I would say Im in....but Ill be in if we can get some definite people going....IM in North Ga for those wondering. Gainesville to be exact.

mushroom_toy
10-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Btw how cold is FL in January? I went to Destin this past summer, and will definitely be going again, but just wanna know how cold, cause if its decently warm...im gonna go to the beach.

2oodoor
10-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Btw how cold is FL in January? I went to Destin this past summer, and will definitely be going again, but just wanna know how cold, cause if its decently warm...im gonna go to the beach.

not much difference than Athens really, add about 5-10 degrees sometimes on nice days.
I cant believe how fast time is going by. I get a few weeks off in December to play with.
My dad started chemo and radiation therpy this week. I dont know how the upcoming months will play out.
As much as I would like to meet up with everybody GA FLA, Location is going to be the key so lets keep pushing this.

mushroom_toy
10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
We can always have a seperate one in Ga too for us folks, well if anyone wants to actually commit to coming lo. Maybe a mountain meet/run?

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-27-2007, 08:50 PM
We can always have a seperate one in Ga too for us folks, well if anyone wants to actually commit to coming lo. Maybe a mountain meet/run?

Hey I just moved to the Athens area (Winterville to be exact). My car isn't up here yet... still in south florida. But if you want to meet up sometime, I'm not far away :)

SZfiftyfour
10-27-2007, 09:56 PM
How many GA members would be willing to drive to Valdosta? I know its a long drive for some of you. It seems to be middle ground to get the most ppl involved though.

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm willing to do Valdosta. I'd like it to be a meet like this one, though. Camping seems cool to me.

lostforawhile
10-28-2007, 07:44 AM
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a short drive for me!!

EricW
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I could do valdosta also.

Vanilla Sky
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Is there anything like that park I posted in Valdosta (or around that area)?

lostforawhile
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
wild adventures,i'm sure there is something to do there i live in moultrie about 40 miles away,Valdosta is right off of 75,it's pretty good size

lostforawhile
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
if you come up in december or after,i will bring the hatch, but i'm not leaving my carbs in the back in the parking lot at wild adventures. having carb problems but i can make it there.

Vanilla Sky
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm looking for something more low budget than Wild Adventures. It's a great idea, but I honestly don't see a lot of people going for it. I'll change my mind if i have a good number of people here step up and say they'd be interested.

lostforawhile
11-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm looking for something more low budget than Wild Adventures. It's a great idea, but I honestly don't see a lot of people going for it. I'll change my mind if i have a good number of people here step up and say they'd be interested.
if you come up,do you have any way to bring one of those steel inner bumpers? i'll buy it from you here. the rear one.

2oodoor
11-02-2007, 02:54 PM
JUst so you guys know, I am on board with this but...
my situation is unpredictable, (my previous post) also I have to decide too wheather to bring the family or what.. If I did, then I definaltley would need the steelies back on, or, trailer the car down there which would be buzzkill. If I came by myself it would not be a problem but 700-800 extra pounds would kill car. I do have a step grandma in Sylvester that I need to see, and also a lot of dead relatives in Dixie to pay respects to, (and a few live friends) I just need to nail down a good plan, may have to trailer it down and do a teathering satelite mission:) talking about Valdosta

SZfiftyfour
11-02-2007, 08:38 PM

There is a KOA in Lake Park with $35 cabins/fishing/???. Valdosta is close enough to decide short term yay or nay on W/A . Also close to Suwannee river park and Peacock springs(hiking/biking/swimming/snorkling). Dunno just throwing out ideas.

mushroom_toy
11-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Well guys if I have money I will be down. As long as I can find some cheap place to stay. Cause if I drive down there Im not gonna wanna drive bacjk same day. ^That cabin idea sounds good. Let me know what yall decide. We also have another 3gee member that I BECAME aware of on one of my other forums, maybe I can get him to chime it.

Tdurr
11-02-2007, 09:17 PM
make it a weekend for us students, but i wont be able to drive, but id come if i could... lol how about six flags?!?!

2oodoor
11-03-2007, 02:15 AM
make it a weekend for us students, but i wont be able to drive, but id come if i could... lol how about six flags?!?!

wrong direction, lol.. where are you ? there is another Ga meet thread for north/middle state.
wild adventures in Valdosta is kinda like six flags, just not as many thrill rides... jump in the seat next to (may wann snap on that belt harness) MushroomToy if you want that.. lol

Vanilla Sky
11-03-2007, 05:32 PM
If there will be a GA meet soon, then I'd rather not have a Valdosta meet. I like the Suwannee river parks. There are two of them. The Suwannee River Music Park has MUCH more expensive cabins. The state park seems like the more economical choice there.

The Silver River State Park in Ocala has cabins that sleep 6 for $100 a night.

Peacock Springs is pretty far out of the way for most here.

So let's vote.

1. Silver River State Park http://www.floridastateparks.org/silverriver/
$100 cabins, sleep 6, 2 bed, 1 bath with kitchen, only food and personal items are needed

2. Suwannee River State park http://www.floridastateparks.org/suwanneeriver/default.cfm
$90 cabins, sleep 6, no info on linens and such

Both of these cabins only provide parking space for 2 cars. I'm sure that we could park in the general parking area if we have reservations, but that's up to me to call about.

SZfiftyfour
11-03-2007, 11:58 PM
If there will be a GA meet soon, then I'd rather not have a Valdosta meet. I like the Suwannee river parks. There are two of them. The Suwannee River Music Park has MUCH more expensive cabins. The state park seems like the more economical choice there.

Oh, i didnt know there was a separate GA meet. I'd say Suwannee then.

2oodoor
11-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Oh, i didnt know there was a separate GA meet. I'd say Suwannee then.

not exactley like that, just talk of trying to get together something, just like this thread is. Seems like Ga members are spread out and thin... Lostforawhile is down close to FLA, while some of us other GA members are closer to NC, SC... but a good meet would be GA FLA, lots of big project guys (girls) so it shouldnt be many gaps in conversation..:):wave:
If I can come I will, I would love to see turbo cars and multiple carb setups. If I cant come well then, somebody take pictures.. Since I cant nail a date, yaw go ahead with one and MY goal would be to try and make it, so I dont need to input for the date guys..

Vanilla Sky
11-04-2007, 08:47 AM
My vote is for Silver River, because it seems like a nicer park.

I'll take votes until November 17.

2oodoor
11-10-2007, 02:01 PM
he is doing better with it than we thought he would, two more weeks then reassesment.

lostforawhile
11-11-2007, 10:38 AM
if it's further then valdosta i'm taking the 98 because the hatch is having issues i'm dealing with,

russiankid
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I would love to go, but its 470 miles and a 7 hour drive just to get to Valdosta. :(

jayton
11-14-2007, 08:14 AM
^I didnt see this earlier or I would say Im in....but Ill be in if we can get some definite people going....IM in North Ga for those wondering. Gainesville to be exact.

I'm in North GA as well. I live in Jefferson, right in the middle of Athens and Gainesville. If we put together a meet up here, definitely count me in!

James

mushroom_toy
11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm in North GA as well. I live in Jefferson, right in the middle of Athens and Gainesville. If we put together a meet up here, definitely count me in!

James

Im actually in Gillsville So im closer to ya than Gainesville. Check it out man were having a meet in Oakwood Tomorrow night at 7:30pm try to make it if you want. Heres the link.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147313

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-14-2007, 04:51 PM

James
Whoa dude... you're like 30 min away from me! I'm in Winterville, just outside of Athens. I go past Jefferson all the time going up 129 up to the mountains and back home. We'll have to meet up sometime!

mushroom_toy... you're close too... we'll have to have our own little meet with us locals sometime soon :)

mushroom_toy
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
^Very good.

2oodoor
11-17-2007, 01:59 PM
hey you guys ever been to UGA botanical gardens, nice park in Athens. Great photo ops there

cool forum link Mushroomtoy, lots of stuff going on... I would have been pissed though if I were that guy that drove all the way up there and nobody was there.... lol he should have seen all the cars next door one would think

lostforawhile
11-17-2007, 03:27 PM
i know it's early to plan,but we have the big car show here in moultrie,it'sa huge swap meet and car corral. it's mostly american car stuff, but still would be a lot of fun. they come back in feb,it's not quite as big,but still a really good size show. today was the last day of the first one,and the second is in feb. if we ever got together to go, it's down the runway from where i work, within walking distance,it's on the spence field old army airfield. we could meet at the plant parking lot, and maby grill out, we wouldn't have to park in the same lot as the other people. also photo ops on maule lake. the others have to go all the way around to get to the show,we could just use the plant gate and avoid the mess,or we could park under the trees in one of the fields.

2oodoor
11-17-2007, 05:30 PM
sounds like a blast, Feb works good, tax money FTW!!!

lostforawhile
11-17-2007, 06:57 PM
sounds like a blast, Feb works good, tax money FTW!!!maby it would be an idea to move this meet until feb?

lostforawhile
11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
i posted some pics from the one that just happened http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62939
the one in feb is slightly smaller, but not by much. it sounds like the best idea to me,then we have something to really do. thats related to cars, import or domestic,it's all cool stuff. the one that just happened is 17 years old the feb one is more then 35 years old. this one was ten bucks per person to get in for all day. thats pretty cheap. it's a lot better if you plan to eat at a certain time and eat outside the gates much cheaper. you will need to buy a funnel cake or a giant corn dog though,. :). just not the same at home. tenative plans would be to park at the plant, and just walk down the taxiway. the one you see in the pictures,i can look out the hanger door and see it. also if you call enough in advance to the city,and have a camper they have campsites available with full hookups.

lostforawhile
11-18-2007, 03:09 PM
oh i wanted to clear up,you can eat inside the gates and bring your own coolers and wagons in to haul stuff, it's just cheaper to bring your own.

2oodoor
11-18-2007, 03:27 PM
^^got one of those igloos with slide out handle and wheels, I used it at the JY when I couldnt walk too good with the back problems.. it served as cooler and tote for toools and parts...and a seat :)

lostforawhile
11-18-2007, 04:34 PM
^^got one of those igloos with slide out handle and wheels, I used it at the JY when I couldnt walk too good with the back problems.. it served as cooler and tote for toools and parts...and a seat :)
yep i even saw ones made into electric powered bikes for sale. the seat is attached to the top.

guaynabo89
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
we'll have to have our own little meet with us locals sometime soon :)

Traitor!:rocket:

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Traitor!:rocket:

:hmph: :dunno:

:lol::lol:

Don't worry I'll come back down and visit you too ;)

lostforawhile
12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
ok so whats going on? are we waiting until feb? that seems like the best idea, it's not that bad of a trip here from 75 in adel, the car show seems the best thing to me, import or domestic, we are all car guys on here. it's a swap meet and car corrral, so theres a bunch of customs and hot rods and tons of good junk,and new parts for sale. i always keep an open mind and find something to build something with on my car. besides we willl all have time to recover a bit from christmas bills. going to be tough to cram a meet in with thanksgiving just over,and the holidays and the met all crammed in at once. :)

lostforawhile
12-02-2007, 03:21 PM
bump?

2oodoor
12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
bump echo

Im still game, for that car corral thing. I would feel awkward showing up in a Ford though. The Honda may not make that trip, depends on how much I get done before then. I would still come anyway to see everyone elses rides, I have wallet size photos. lol
I took it on a country ride yesterday and it seemed to be laboring an aweful lot. I think my carb linkage slipped or something, I can give it a lot of pedal before it actuates, and of course the auto tranny goes out of sync then that happens too. I put a quart of Lucas oil stabilzer in last week, that stuff looked like STP to me... not so sure about it now, I dont believe in motor honey. lol Just need to get that oil pump but it keeps getting pushed back for more important things like gas and food.. wtf
I need one of those pie jobs like being a Ford 6.0 powerstroke tech advisor, .. (just kidding Jared. you never replyed to the pm, unless you never got it.. powerstroke story.) Serously though I need a second job to support my vehicle mods, HMM maybe apply at O'reillys next week.

mushroom_toy
12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Id be up for that too, where is it again?

lostforawhile
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
moultrie GA, it's held on the spence field air base site,same airfield where i work at, big show. if you want to map quest the zip code is 31768. and roodoo if you show up in a ford no one will care, just show up and have fun. :wave:

2oodoor
12-02-2007, 04:21 PM
moultrie GA, it's held on the spence field air base site,same airfield where i work at, big show. if you want to map quest the zip code is 31768. and roodoo if you show up in a ford no one will care, just show up and have fun. :wave:

for a minute I thought you were going to flame...
I dont care, I am used to hearing it, I know the truth and the truth shall set you free.. lol
MushroomToy, it is a good ride. We should check out the Ga DOT website and see what construction is on I-75 about that time. There are a lot of ways to get there, You may want to just stay on 19/41, that is a good highway and I think it runs thru close to you.

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-02-2007, 08:35 PM
bump echo

Im still game, for that car corral thing. I would feel awkward showing up in a Ford though. The Honda may not make that trip, depends on how much I get done before then. I would still come anyway to see everyone elses rides, I have wallet size photos. lol
I took it on a country ride yesterday and it seemed to be laboring an aweful lot. I think my carb linkage slipped or something, I can give it a lot of pedal before it actuates, and of course the auto tranny goes out of sync then that happens too. I put a quart of Lucas oil stabilzer in last week, that stuff looked like STP to me... not so sure about it now, I dont believe in motor honey. lol Just need to get that oil pump but it keeps getting pushed back for more important things like gas and food.. wtf
I need one of those pie jobs like being a Ford 6.0 powerstroke tech advisor, .. (just kidding Jared. you never replyed to the pm, unless you never got it.. powerstroke story.) Serously though I need a second job to support my vehicle mods, HMM maybe apply at O'reillys next week.

I don't think I ever got it (?? I forget). More 6.0L horror stories? Hmmm ohhh the possibilities.... headgaskets? EGR valve? EGR cooler and oil cooler? High pressure oil pump fitting? All of the above? LOL

So what happened?? I got 2 motors to pull out now.... one with a cracked block @ #5 cyl, and the other with blown head gaskets :)

If you feel weird about showing up in a Ford, I can show up on the bike if it'll make you feel any better, lol

mushroom_toy
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Well youre about 4 and a half hours from me, so when it coem time in February I guess well see.

HEY Jared, we need to meet up sometime. now that youre in Georgia check out Importatlanta.com Lots of good infor, bs on there lol. Anyway be sure to check this thread out: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150219

If youre not doing anything Thursday drop by man if ya want. I will definitely be there as it is usually the biggest meet every month sometimes even bringing in tons of cars literally PACKING the varsity.

2oodoor
12-05-2007, 04:04 PM
That sounds ultra cool Mushroom Toy, the varsity huh.. :cheers:

Jared first off, let me say..... E450 cutaway.. Now... let me say... dealership insisted on doing the transmission TSB, plantery set replacement.. everything went south from there. twenty visits to the dealer for intermitant crank no start, and stalling no start. They "fixed it" then it started misfiring,, then they tore up the motor, Ford replaced it, now the same problem.. stalls no start, sometimes.. I cant even take it to the dealer, they told me they can't fix it, and since it is commercial they wont buy it back. So it is at a local shop, replaced the injector driver module and diagnostics, over a grand, two weeks later, doing the same thing. now there is a thick wire harness in the center front of the engine that goes to the PS rear , you can touch it and it will shut off. This wire harness looks horrible, I know that it probably has DBW circuit in it, and may have been damaged in the tramsmission R&R or the engine replacement..We are waitng on the harness which will be another grand or so by the time it is done. I really feel sorry for you guys that have to do the E series 6.0, you cant lift the cab. I noticed alot of ambulance co. and other normal cutaway users are switching to F-SD cab chassis.

2oodoor
12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
oh yea, and yes I may feel a little better if someone else is attending geezless. :wave:

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
That sounds ultra cool Mushroom Toy, the varsity huh.. :cheers:

Jared first off, let me say..... E450 cutaway.. Now... let me say... dealership insisted on doing the transmission TSB, plantery set replacement.. everything went south from there. twenty visits to the dealer for intermitant crank no start, and stalling no start. They "fixed it" then it started misfiring,, then they tore up the motor, Ford replaced it, now the same problem.. stalls no start, sometimes.. I cant even take it to the dealer, they told me they can't fix it, and since it is commercial they wont buy it back. So it is at a local shop, replaced the injector driver module and diagnostics, over a grand, two weeks later, doing the same thing. now there is a thick wire harness in the center front of the engine that goes to the PS rear , you can touch it and it will shut off. This wire harness looks horrible, I know that it probably has DBW circuit in it, and may have been damaged in the tramsmission R&R or the engine replacement..We are waitng on the harness which will be another grand or so by the time it is done. I really feel sorry for you guys that have to do the E series 6.0, you cant lift the cab. I noticed alot of ambulance co. and other normal cutaway users are switching to F-SD cab chassis.

Hahaha... NICE!! And yup those FICM wire harness do tend to chafe and cause all kinda of weird problems. I doubt it was damaged during the tranny swap, cuz the only wire harness you mess with is the trans one and it comes from the back... nothing else near the motor. But very possible it was damaged if they had the motor all apart. The 6.0 E-vans are the WORST!!! I cringe everytime I get one. The last one I had needed 2 injectors replaced, and it took me a day and a half to do it cuz you gotta take sooo much crap apart just to get the damn valve covers off. You actually have to remove the nuts from each motor mount holding it to the frame, jack the motor up from underneath and completely remove the LH motor mount from the block, then lower it back down. That tilts it just enough so that you can get just enough clearance between the valve cover and firewall around the doghouse to get the RH valve cover up a little bit and over the high pressure oil rail underneath it, and off. It's insane!! Hell even just to change the upper fuel filter you gotta take the wire harness loose and all the crap off the front. Getting the turbo out is fun too!!

That sucks you had to go through all that though before figuring out what it was, and then ended up having to pay to have it fixed. I too have been noticing more and more F-SD ambulances and fire rescue trucks... thank god! Soooo much easier to work on than the E-vans

You coming out to The Varsity tomorrow night??

Vanilla Sky
12-07-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm lacking internet at home now. I should have it back in a week or two, but until then, don't expect updates about the FL meet. I'll make a fresh thread when I get settled.

2oodoor
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Pinks All Out, is scheduled to be at Atlanta dragway May 10, they are working out the details so registration is still closed.
I would not mind going to see that.

lostforawhile
12-08-2007, 06:38 PM
hey roodoo i might check into coming up to see that,if i do i'll look you up.

2oodoor
12-08-2007, 07:20 PM
It is on a Saturday !!!! I have to check the name again but I think that Atlanta Dragway is actually in Commerce Ga..

Vanilla Sky
12-09-2007, 09:57 AM
That does need to be a 3geez meet. Can you get the scheduling together and set us up with a place to stay (even a motel room)? Anyone?

lostforawhile
12-09-2007, 10:19 AM
i will look into it,i can already tell you the rates will be high with pinks coming to town.

2oodoor
12-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep it is in Commerce , a good ways even outside the Atlanta metro. It is close to Mushroom Toy in Gainesville Ga.
The Southern Nationals is just two weeks before that. It would be wise to book places to stay. The one in Ohio sold out in record time so that means people are going to be scarfing up accomodations once the date is confirmed.

mushroom_toy
12-09-2007, 03:52 PM
You guys can camp in my yard lol. Im literally 5-10 mins away from atl dragstrip.

lostforawhile
12-09-2007, 04:50 PM
You guys can camp in my yard lol. Im literally 5-10 mins away from atl dragstrip.
cool we were talking about having a campout. that would rock,and no one would be in a huge hurry to get home. i could even go by parents to visit in dallas georgia on that sunday.

mushroom_toy
12-10-2007, 10:28 AM
cool we were talking about having a campout. that would rock,and no one would be in a huge hurry to get home. i could even go by parents to visit in dallas georgia on that sunday.

Honestly man I have tons of room in my yard as I live in the country lol.

2oodoor
12-10-2007, 10:56 AM
MMM tailgating, fire pit, marshmallows, kumbayaa kumbayaa

2oodoor
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM
announcment
Boost Addiction's Grand Opening/ Vehicle Dyno Day! Dec 15, 2007

Alright guys put you're coats on and come have some fun @ Boost Addiction!

It's time to introduce Boost Addiction to Brunswick and surrounding areas with our Official Grand Opening on December 15th. The dyno day will be for cars and trucks, so if you think your bad....prove it! Doors open @ 11:00 and we'll have food and
drink @ location.

Here's the run down of the day:

Dyno runs start @ 12:00 ($45 for 1 Horsepower run and 1 1/4mi hit)
Car Show starts @ 12:30 ($15 entry fee)
Burnout contest (Free- We just want to watch!!)

* Dyno Classes:

Seven classes to choose from:

4-cyl Naturally Aspirated
6-cyl Naturally Aspirated
8-cyl & up Naturally Aspirated
4-cyl Forced Induction
6-cyl Forced Induction- Sponsored by Brunswick Truck Accessories
8-cyl & up Forced Induction
Drag Cars/ Trucks

Each session will include 2 runs:
-The first for power curve.
-The second for 1/4 run.

Contestants will roll up on the Dyno, we'll strap down the car and you'll let ‘er rip. Spectators can watch the action all day. See the big dogs get separated from the wimps.

Trophies will be provided for first 1-3 places

Highest Horsepower
Quickest 1/4 mi ET/ Trap speed

* Show Classes:

American
European
Asian
Honda/Acura/Toyota
Truck
Lowrider & Mini Trucks

Class Terminology

Street- minor bolt on upgrades but no full body kits or radical wings.

Custom- Allows any bolt on accessories and upgrades, any bolt on body mods and shaved bodywork.

Wild - All Show Chopped, suicide doors, tilt fronts, and anything goes.

Engine Swapped- Engine swapped Cars with other than Original engine

Sleeper- More or Less Stock Looking with Maximum Horsepower

Race Car- Cars entered in the Dyno Class.

* Burnout Competition:

Competitors will go head to head to see who can create the most smoke and excitement. Winners will be picked by crowd favorite!!

*Prizes/ sponsers will be posted shortly.

Boost Addiction
170B Key Circle Dr
Brunswick, Ga 31520
912-261-1990
[email protected]

MessyHonda
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
man...for 40 bucks i got 4 runs at our local dyno shop.

we need more cars to dyno.....so far only guanayabo, ericw and me have dynoed NA cars

mushroom_toy
12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
man...for 40 bucks i got 4 runs at our local dyno shop.

we need more cars to dyno.....so far only guanayabo, ericw and me have dynoed NA cars

Correction. I dynoed bu they fucked up my car. And I ended getting no numbers,.

2oodoor
12-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Correction. I dynoed bu they fucked up my car. And I ended getting no numbers,.

Thank YOU !
check your pm MushroomToy

This thread for FLA GA members is at least getting activity, which is much much better than before.

mushroom_toy
12-25-2007, 09:45 PM
If any Georgia People are interested theres gonna be a mountain Run this SUnday the 30th on Blood Mountain. Here are more details. Pm me if you would like to go. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153407&page=1&pp=20

lostforawhile
02-02-2008, 09:44 AM
whatever happened to our Georgia meet? we just missed the car show last day was today. we need to plan something with enough advance time we can have time to plan. i head something about someone having farmland and having a campout

labeledsk8r
02-02-2008, 09:48 AM
jeez this is takeing so long to get going ima end up being in florida before it gets done... what ever happened to this and the plan???

Vanilla Sky
02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I got buried in getting my house livable.

I say we plan something for March at the EARLIEST at this point.

2oodoor
02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
i posted some pics from the one that just happened http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62939
the one in feb is slightly smaller, but not by much. it sounds like the best idea to me,then we have something to really do. thats related to cars, import or domestic,it's all cool stuff. the one that just happened is 17 years old the feb one is more then 35 years old. this one was ten bucks per person to get in for all day. thats pretty cheap. it's a lot better if you plan to eat at a certain time and eat outside the gates much cheaper. you will need to buy a funnel cake or a giant corn dog though,. :). just not the same at home. tenative plans would be to park at the plant, and just walk down the taxiway. the one you see in the pictures,i can look out the hanger door and see it. also if you call enough in advance to the city,and have a camper they have campsites available with full hookups.

Dang it Lost you didn't say anything last week, I was thinking Feb. and dang if it isn't Feb the friggen 2nd already! Couldn't come anyway Im having vehicle problems, everything but the DX I just got is broke.

lostforawhile
02-02-2008, 02:54 PM
well my car is taken apart at the moment anyway for wiring. whatever happened to the camping trip idea? and they suprised me with the car show anyway,they moved it forward two weeks for some reason.

Vanilla Sky
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Let's put it off until we get more cars running, then. I'm still down for camping. I'm all for the cabin idea. It's not like we'll really get much sleep, but it would be cool to have the availability.

labeledsk8r
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
i agree on putting it off... a spring meet might be better.. will give me time ot get to florida and get my accord up and runnign and get my life going aswell (apartment job etc etc)

2oodoor
02-02-2008, 04:45 PM
looking forward to a fun meet, someday soon I guess

lostforawhile
02-02-2008, 04:54 PM
well i'll have mine put back together in a week and all i need to do is get tires and an alignment

mushroom_toy
02-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Ill have some big suprises for the meet. :) Of course you people will probably see them in my thread anyway buit oh well. And I have a decent bit of land, that could be used for camping, and atlanta dragway is 10 mins down the road. But..I also think the mountain idea with the cabins sounds great to. All pitching in on a cabin would be really cheap, not to mention the driving would be excellent.

2oodoor
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.southeastdragday.com/
Looks like this track has a lot of import grudge racing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/sixsixfour/SEDD%202008/SEDDfliyer.jpg

mushroom_toy
02-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Ive got something for you guys...if youre looking to come to the mountains ia is having a big accord/prelude meet in March. Im gonna be there! Here is the link.
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159149

SiR
02-11-2008, 08:58 AM
No more past the Florida state line for me. Don't let that change this meet though, this has been in the talks for quite some time.

2oodoor
02-11-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.atlantadragway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=26854&zoneid=34

I have some money right now I will stash for buying some tickets.
testing the waters... I may be able to get some extra while the getting is good. no profit involved.

lostforawhile
02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
No more past the Florida state line for me. Don't let that change this meet though, this has been in the talks for quite some time.
what happened?

mushroom_toy
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.atlantadragway.com/apcm/templates/news.asp?articleid=26854&zoneid=34

I have some money right now I will stash for buying some tickets.
testing the waters... I may be able to get some extra while the getting is good. no profit involved.

I would like to do that but to bad the drift competitoin is also on the 9-10 of may. In my book Formula D > Pinks. You should come to the drift comp. If you sign up to be a promoter you get free tickets. I have went for free for the past three years.

2oodoor
02-12-2008, 06:08 AM
ok , that eliminates you hosting a campsite, and local swag ...
I get more out of the racing gas fumes, vht, big v8s and blown 4 bangers than I do drift dogs on ice... :)

"oh well"

Who else was wanting to do some kind of meet around the Pinks all out weekend?

SiR
02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
what happened?

Nothing serious, just the length of the drive round trip is quite far from South Florida. Alone just adds to the problem.

2oodoor
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
http://csramotorsports.com/site/forums/index.php?topic=34495.0
some of what we (I) missed at the Moultrie swap and car show, I found somebody here that went and took some pics.

Oh yeah and the NOPI drags and car show in Commerce March 29-30 2008

mushroom_toy
02-12-2008, 12:46 PM
ok , that eliminates you hosting a campsite, and local swag ...
I get more out of the racing gas fumes, vht, big v8s and blown 4 bangers than I do drift dogs on ice... :)

"oh well"

Who else was wanting to do some kind of meet around the Pinks all out weekend?

You ever been to a drift cometition? You get more race gas through your nose than you could buy at a pump, and more rubber in the air/in your face than any drag track on earth. Really everyone should experience it at least once. PLus you cant beat free tickets. There are tons of v8s, 4 cyls, 6 cyls, and v10s, at the comp as well.

labeledsk8r
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
when is this D1 comp??and were is it again?

lostforawhile
02-12-2008, 12:55 PM
when is everyone supposed to get this money from the goverment for free? i heard may,we ought to plan around that time then everyone won't be broke.

2oodoor
02-12-2008, 02:40 PM
You ever been to a drift cometition? You get more race gas through your nose than you could buy at a pump, and more rubber in the air/in your face than any drag track on earth. Really everyone should experience it at least once. PLus you cant beat free tickets. There are tons of v8s, 4 cyls, 6 cyls, and v10s, at the comp as well.

I guess I can't say, never been.... maybe it is just another bad week extended from last year, but things just suck dont they Lost.

mushroom_toy
02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
when is this D1 comp??and were is it again?

May 9th and 10th at Road Atlanta. And its not D1, its Formula D Series, which was the first american drift series started 4-5 years ago.

2oodoor
03-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Georgia Event FYI
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj34/driftfamily/drift_buffet.jpg?t=1204248667

mushroom_toy
03-05-2008, 06:38 AM
^Thats 192 miles away not for now lol.

2oodoor
04-19-2008, 05:20 PM
hey roodoo i might check into coming up to see that,if i do i'll look you up.

coming up in three weeks, I have not checked the website in a while as to ticket availability, and as far as accomodations that is only about 2.5 hour drive from here but I would imagine driving up to an hour for motels. No big deal if they are sold out close.

2oodoor
05-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I guess next weekend for the meet is off. ???I am probably not going to the racetrack, Im spending my money on gas, food and a 38/38 weber.
I found a cherry LXi in the JY Friday, 108K miles, the interior is dark choc brown, like brand new, the car looks garage kept, has a nippo ac comp. , there goes any other car money I may scrounge up. I just went there on a test drive to look around at the new cars they show on the web, looking for a B20 Lude header, I didnt even take tools.
If anybody is serious about going though, I can make it but overnight would be camping or staying up all night.

lostforawhile
05-03-2008, 04:47 PM
i'm going to go to the planned work meet in florida in june,thats if i ever dam get my car done. if it quits raining. every weekend it fucking rains and it's too narrow in my garage to do shit.

2oodoor
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
i'm going to go to the planned work meet in florida in june,thats if i ever dam get my car done. if it quits raining. every weekend it fucking rains and it's too narrow in my garage to do shit.

same here it rains every weekend and when it aint I have other obligations. Today I had to cut grass and by the time I got over that it was raining. poison ivy crawling all over the ground, it was purple red and looked wet it was so shiny ... I hate that stuff. maybe tommorrow I at least get the old motor out of the DX and get some round up lol

2oodoor
08-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Pinks All Out, is scheduled to be at Atlanta dragway May 10, they are working out the details so registration is still closed.
I would not mind going to see that.

this show has been aired, I saw only one import and it looked to be a sbc swap. Very exciting episode of Pinks all out though.
Season 2 Episode 4
It is on comcast on demand if anybody has that.
Has one of my favorite year mustangs make the finals, the big body 71-72, gives the late models a run for their money literally.

this dodge pu truck, diesel runs 10's, leaves the line in 4X4 then switches to 2wd 100 ft out. I can taste the diesel smoke thru the tv:eek5:
Hudson Hornet , fast as hell.. 10 second sled..wild sh*t

Timaculent
09-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Im miami florida so count me in.

VIPER1988
10-10-2008, 06:29 AM
when/where is the next florida/georgia meet going to be?

SZfiftyfour
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
when/where is the next florida/georgia meet going to be?

This thread has morphed into "Georgia Meet" basically.
Florida meet thread: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=885643#post885643
Now that i think about it, You probably will have better luck getting in on a Georgia meet lol. Not a lot of 'active' florida members have running 3geez. Those that do are pretty spread out.