PDA

View Full Version : Central Alberta?

Ichiban
09-18-2007, 07:22 PM
So are there any other geezers around here? Since I got the 82 on the road and moved to Red Deer (blackfalds, actually) I've been bored stiff.

Anyone want to organise anything, or just hang out on a weekend? Drink beer? Weld stuff for fun? I work at a machine shop here so we could build just about anything.

Either way, we should get a meet on the go sometime, but not thanksgiving, cause I'm going home that weekend.

2ndGenGuy
09-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Damn man. That is OUT there. 822 miles from where I live. Not really any opportunity to head up, unless we met half way. Might not be a bad weekend adventure this spring.

Ichiban
09-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Ah, the roads out here are boring and the traffic is gay. Hopefully I might be able to make it down to olympia sometime.

Are there seriously no people in Edmonton, Calgary or somewhere in Sask?
I'll make you a B20B swap kit if you buy beer and hang out...:crying:

2ndGenGuy
09-19-2007, 09:27 PM
Ah, the roads out here are boring and the traffic is gay. Hopefully I might be able to make it down to olympia sometime.

Are there seriously no people in Edmonton, Calgary or somewhere in Sask?
I'll make you a B20B swap kit if you buy beer and hang out...:crying:

Fuck! Move down here! Boeing is probably looking for machinists! They make a grip of money too! I'll buy beer and we can plop A and B motors into random vehicles to make them better!

Doesn't Carotman live somewhere in Alberta?

Hash_man_Se_i
09-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Lol... Carotman is in Montreal....

I'm in calgary though... and so is JFreddy, well he's in Airdre but I havent seen him around the forums or on MSN lately.

Ichiban
09-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Hash man!

we should get together and smoke....cigarettes!

seriously! I fucking hate Alberta!

and meeting other ppl off this forum would be fun.

IcedAngel
09-26-2007, 11:43 PM
He's not the only one who's bored...

carotman
09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Lol... Carotman is in Montreal....

I'm in calgary though... and so is JFreddy, well he's in Airdre but I havent seen him around the forums or on MSN lately.

Yeah, I'm in Montreal

A little trip from here to Calgary

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=montreal&daddr=calgary&sll=45.51229,-73.55437&sspn=0.013217,0.033817&ie=UTF8&z=5&om=1

:)

2ndGenGuy
09-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Bah, with your B20A, you could do it in a few hours. ;) Do you speak French?

carotman
09-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Yup, I'm a french Canadian!

Ichiban
09-29-2007, 06:37 PM
He's not the only one who's bored...

mmmm boobs!

...wha!?

Ichiban
09-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Yup, I'm a french Canadian!

Tabarnac!

carotman
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Tabarnac!

Hahahaha oui tabarnac!

2ndGenGuy
10-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Hahahaha oui tabarnac!

:wtf:

carotman
10-01-2007, 04:15 PM
That's what french canadians say when they're swearing. Alot of our swears are based on the catholic church furniture, go figure! I guess it's part of our profound christian roots people got rid of decades ago.

We've got:
Tabernacle (modified to Tabarnac)
Calice
Christ
Ciboire
Maudit

Those words are even used as verbs/nouns/adjectives sometimes, just like the smurfs lol.

We do use english words such as fuck and shit.

I could even provide examples for those in need of new swear words :p

2ndGenGuy
10-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Interesting!

I use church based words quite a bit too. Like:

Jesus Christ!
God Damnit!

And variations:

Jesus Fucking Christ!
God Fucking Damnit!

Those words are funny, they seem pretty mellow to me. But I think I'll start using them more often because I like them. :) How does this work?

Jesus Tabernacle Christ!
Oh Tabernac!
Good Chalice, that is a one riced-out Civic! (expressing surprise)

Or do I have to say them alone, with a French accent? Could you give examples? Do you have a French accent Carotman? Somehow I don't picture you with one...

1ajs
10-01-2007, 07:04 PM
i'm 2 provinces over in winnipeg :violin: never been able to get a 3gee meet here going so i'm going to nz in january to do one lol :cheers:

Ichiban
10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah I'll be up here still in January, looking forward to seeing somebody.

Carotman, you forgot "hostie"

as in "tabarnac hostie!", also against the church, referring to the host, or bread.

Some french people I worked with in the army capitalize on both languages, as in " jesus taberfukingnac hostie!!"

I guess pronunciation would be "Tab-har-nak es-tee" If there is a vowell sound at the beginning of a word you throw an h sound in front of it, and if there is an h sound you leave it out. ie "hif you har loose the hair from your hair brake you will pull the air from your ead, ostie!"

carotman
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Yeah I'll be up here still in January, looking forward to seeing somebody.

Carotman, you forgot "hostie"

as in "tabarnac hostie!", also against the church, referring to the host, or bread.

Some french people I worked with in the army capitalize on both languages, as in " jesus taberfukingnac hostie!!"

I guess pronunciation would be "Tab-har-nak es-tee" If there is a vowell sound at the beginning of a word you throw an h sound in front of it, and if there is an h sound you leave it out. ie "hif you har loose the hair from your hair brake you will pull the air from your ead, ostie!"

:bow:

You're right, I forgot about it.

I didn't know someone from Alberta would know Quebec's swears that much lol.

2ndGenGuy
10-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I like Quebec's swear words. Good stuff! :thumbup: Thanks for the clarification.

Grocery Ghetter
10-07-2007, 12:03 PM
i'm from RD, not really into modding the car much tho

Ichiban
11-15-2007, 05:10 PM
HASH MAN!!!

You should clear out some PM space.

Ichiban
11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
i'm from RD, not really into modding the car much tho

You drink beer?

Hash_man_Se_i
11-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Lol looks like my 1yr foundation membership is up... waaaay too many messages to delete... I'll just renew and then PM will be free.

carotman
11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
A little update on french canadian swears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMN4U1FMNM&feature=related

Ichiban
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
well, I'm still up here, and still bored. Anyone interested in a weekend cruise?

oldschoolhatch
10-27-2009, 10:32 PM
well, I'm still up here, and still bored. Anyone interested in a weekend cruise?

not sure if your still offering, but if your down for a b swap id drive out there for sure lol. im from manitoba, and it prob wouldnt be till spring, but if you would help me out id cover all costs for the swap, plus supply all necessary booze and food. only thing youd have to do is supply the fabrication skills and knowledge. if your interested let me know :cheers: