PDA

View Full Version : Lude got STOLEN ! ! !

87preludeA20A3
09-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Yup thats right my turbo lude got stolen last night while i was piecefully sleeping. Anyway i got home last night at like 1am and the car was still there, then i woke up at 7am to move it into my driveway(street sweeping day). And yeah it was gone... no sighn of it anywhere. Yeah that sucks and i don't have full insurance on it either and if the cops get it they will surelly see its turbo. So i'm screwed all around... SUCKS BIG DONKY BALLS ! ! ! ! !

2drSE-i
09-19-2007, 10:05 AM
the car theif must have put the turbo on there. :-)

sorry to hear about this man. theives fucking piss me off, i work my ass off for what i have, why can they just take it.

mushroom_toy
09-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Are yall smog laws that bad that you cant even turbo the car? Why should it matter if the cops find out its turbo. Sorry to hear about that man! Hope you get her back.

2ndGenGuy
09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
So the cops see the turbo. That doesn't mean you were driving it with a turbo. Just tell them you were building a race car and never drove it on the street. Might that work?

Oh, and fuck the CHP.

forrest89sei
09-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Man I'm sorry to hear that!

Good Luck finding it!

87preludeA20A3
09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah your probably right about the turbo, but i think they might impound it(maybe). Because it is registered to drive on the street and it was parked on the street. But you never know. I hope i get it back soon and hopefully in decent shape, there really wasn't much to take. Only shit like the MSD box and coil, some gauges, most exspesive was SAFC 2 and AEM AFR. and maybe the DSM injectors and the radio that's about it. Grand total of maybe 600-700 bucks. Oh and maybe the Mani and the Adjustable cam gear but that's no good to anyone but you guys and now you all know my shit was stolen. Anyway that is probably just over reacting, these fuckers probably just took the dang thing for a joy ride. And the'll probably ditch it some where. I was also thinking that maybe it got towed. Because it did sit for like a week in the same spot and looked like shit(not washed in like 3 weeks). But the cops would have found that out by now. Anyway yeah i'm bummed but i have another car so thats a good thing.

Cheeseburger
09-19-2007, 10:57 AM
ahhhh dam bro! that really blows. Start checking you local classifieds like craigslist and small news papers. also make sure to look at ebay for your parts. It doesn't matter if ur car is turbo tho. I would go make a police report. If i see any parts lurking around ill let you know. Drive around some of the bad areas in ur neighborhood. Some times old cars get jacked for joy rides only but who knows they could have been watching ur car for a while and found out it was turbo.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Sorry to here that did you have a Alarm?

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-19-2007, 11:14 AM
you should have a eye on your car 24-7 like i do.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/th_2007-09-19_12-00-05.jpg (http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/?action=view&current=2007-09-19_12-00-05.flv)

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
you should have a eye on your car 24-7 like i do.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/th_2007-09-19_12-00-05.jpg (http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/?action=view&current=2007-09-19_12-00-05.flv)

tommy can u send me the model numbers on every thing u have to video tape that on to ur pc im gona be doing the same thing lol my car gets broken into to much

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
tommy can u send me the model numbers on every thing u have to video tape that on to ur pc im gona be doing the same thing lol my car gets broken into to much

i got it all off Ebay for about 120.00 for the pc card and the wide angle camera with night vision.

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 11:24 AM
i got it all off Ebay for about 120.00 for the pc card and the wide angle camera with night vision.

link or seller name

Civic Accord Honda
09-19-2007, 11:31 AM
that sucks man

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-19-2007, 11:41 AM
link or seller name

Here is the card and secuity camera i use.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280151493384&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280154127144&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axtronix-XR-325-WIDE-ANGLE-LENS-SEE-MORE_W0QQitemZ280154127144QQihZ018QQcategoryZ48629 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Civic Accord Honda
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
:o Omg $1.07

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Here is the card and secuity camera i use.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280151493384&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280154127144&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axtronix-XR-325-WIDE-ANGLE-LENS-SEE-MORE_W0QQitemZ280154127144QQihZ018QQcategoryZ48629 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i wounder who well it will work looking out a window were my car is parked ill i have to see it is a window

Civic Accord Honda
09-19-2007, 12:32 PM
i wounder who well it will work looking out a window were my car is parked ill i have to see it is a window:huh: u starting to talk like CAH

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 12:35 PM
i missed spelled one word and it still spelled correctly

87preludeA20A3
09-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah for sure about the police report, i called right away and filled one 20 minutes later when the cops showed up. Yeah i already checked all local adds like Socal prelude, hondatech, ebay, craigslist, PP.... I'll just keep an eye out for anything local that looks like my shit.

Tomisimo
09-19-2007, 01:00 PM
experiment...

knarg
09-19-2007, 01:40 PM
wow, im really honestly sorry dude. i am really starting to fear for my car being stolen or broken into, especially with it lowered and looking pristine.

does anyone have alarm suggestions? i have no knowledge of car alarms or security, please help me out!

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 02:12 PM
how much u wanna spend

knarg
09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
you tell me how much i should spend!

ghettogeddy
09-19-2007, 02:40 PM
u want 2way or regular lol
i say about 250 installed would be a good start lol unless u go none 2 way thwn about 150 175 installed

AccordB20A
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
DAM that fucking low how people have to steal shit. aparently over here up in auckland that happens to thosands of cars and they get parted. mainly expensive brands and late model type R's

well all i can do is wish ya good luck in them getting it back and yeah an alarm is a must

edit: also seen the same thread on prelude power and twoloudnproud also has that video posted there lol why arent all these websites all merged into one they seem to all have the same members lol

MessyHonda
09-19-2007, 05:17 PM
wow that sucks Brent....hope you find her in one piece. i have a 2 way alarm..but i want to add more gadgets when time and money come by.

Pico
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Damm sorry too hear about that

snoopyloopy
09-19-2007, 06:16 PM
wow, sorry to hear about that. that always sucks. :thumbdn: try mexico too, socal is only a hop away from the chop shops down there. although if that's where it went, it's probably just a frame now. the tein civic si got stolen a couple months back and all they found was the frame that had been washed in oil.

and @ people wondering about turbo in ca: you can only turbo a car in cali if it's a carb exempt turbo kit like greddy, if the car doesn't have to be smogged, or if you give the smog tech a little extra and hope you don't ever have to go to the state ref. it's bs, they could really target pollution but pussyfoot around and mess w/ the people instead of really tackling the problem where it actually would matter.

1ajs
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Yup thats right my turbo lude got stolen last night while i was piecefully sleeping. Anyway i got home last night at like 1am and the car was still there, then i woke up at 7am to move it into my driveway(street sweeping day). And yeah it was gone... no sighn of it anywhere. Yeah that sucks and i don't have full insurance on it either and if the cops get it they will surelly see its turbo. So i'm screwed all around... SUCKS BIG DONKY BALLS ! ! ! ! !
why does it matter if its turboed? its just a hotrod oye

forrest89sei
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
why does it matter if its turboed? its just a hotrod oye

What matters his he lives in a area where they will crush your car for having a Highly modified engine :sadwave:

88Accord-DX
09-19-2007, 08:57 PM
That blows. Hope you find it. I'd like to get the latest security system out, roof mounted gatlin gun!! (with remote)

http://media.popularmechanics.com/images/Dillon-Aero-M134D-Gatling.jpg

At the first sign of trouble, the gunner can pop through roof panels mounted on spring-loaded gas shocks, swivel up to 360 degrees, and unleash a withering, 3000-rounds-per-minute barrage. That's 50 different 7.62-mm bullets every second.

The two half-moon roof panels act as a shield, and the gun operates off its own 28-volt electrical system, which feeds the ammo from 3400-round linked belts. "The vehicle lays down so much firepower so fast," says a Dillon Aero spokesman (who asked to remain anonymous), "if you're a bad guy, all you're going to want to do is keep your head down." :gun:

AccordB20A
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
What matters his he lives in a area where they will crush your car for having a Highly modified engine :sadwave:

ONLY IN AMERICA haha man theres some useless laws around

Acid X
09-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that brent!! Atleast you have another set of wheels though!

kcaudill
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
try x10.com for some secruity stuff at cheap prices

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-21-2007, 10:40 AM
Any luck on finding your prelude yet?

-$MOKIN-
09-27-2007, 08:05 PM
you cant have a turbo ? i dont really get the post ....lol but im ripped . Its a 87 prelude with a turbo on it .? the cops dont look under the hood.. they ahve it towed and the impound lot probably wont look under the hood unless it is sweet ass lookin. soudns like someone wanted the turbo. got any pics of it? doesNT it have the b20?

snoopyloopy
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
you cant have a turbo ? i dont really get the post ....lol but im ripped . Its a 87 prelude with a turbo on it .? the cops dont look under the hood.. they ahve it towed and the impound lot probably wont look under the hood unless it is sweet ass lookin. soudns like someone wanted the turbo. got any pics of it? doesNT it have the b20?

cops might look under the hood, especially since it's a honda and honda theft for engines/trannies is high in socal. however, having a turbo doesn't automatically make it illegal unless it's not an officially tested and licensed kit like something from greddy. so usually, a honda with a turbo would be illegal in ca, no matter if it passes the sniffer or not.

87preludeA20A3
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Well they found my car! ! ! ! I haven't seen it yet. All i know is that there are a few factors. One the car was found about a mile from my house. Two the engine i bought from the junk yard was a stolen engine, so i had to fax the detective a receipt that i bought it.. And THIRD if i want to get it registered i have to take it to the STATE REF. NO EXCEPTIONS. Well im hoping if i non op it i can get it outta there and back home. Now i have to make the big decission weither or not to keep it or not. Whatever what do you guys think? ? ? ?

russiankid
10-18-2007, 05:02 PM
I would keep it.

RamThis
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
What is "State Ref"?

And, if your car was found undamaged, or if the damage is only minor like broken lock or ignition, I'd keep it.

Sorry to hear about the thievery though. Nothing pisses me off more than a filthy thief. :gun:

RamThis
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
try x10.com for some secruity stuff at cheap prices

I have X10 stuff in my house, Running Active Home Pro on my PC with a bunch of 2-Way lamp modules. Plan to add wall switches for fans and house lights eventually, and a couple cameras. Neat to be able to set your entire houses' lights a certain way with one click of the mouse. :rockon:

BITESIZE
10-18-2007, 10:22 PM
If you can't register it there, it doesn't mean you can't register it somewhere else. lol

MessyHonda
10-19-2007, 01:37 AM
who would steal a A20 engine?

mushroom_toy
10-19-2007, 05:24 AM
Just come to Ga to register it, a lot of counties have no smog period. :) I love living here sometimes. :)

-$MOKIN-
10-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Say You Only Race The Car And Get It Towed Back

frantik
10-20-2007, 03:27 PM
What is "State Ref"?

i'm not 100% on the specifics but basically it's a strict smog test only given by certain locations.. it's to stop people who have found a shady smog test station which will pass them even with illegal mods.

what kind of damage is there? are you willing to put the work in to make it legal? if not then dont keep it i guess

87preludeA20A3
10-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Frantik i just noticed your avator pic thing and where is that? When was that? Why was inot there? =( SAD....Anyway i got the phone call today that i will most likely get my car back tomorrow. So i get to see it. I hope it's not too heartbreaking. I was looking at a copy of the report and far as i can tell just the radio is missing. I'll let you guys know. Oh and as far as selling the turbo parts. It will have to wait for a week or so because im moving and i dont have room. Anyway thats it...

AccordB20A
10-23-2007, 08:26 PM
i hope its good for you. hope the stereo is the only part missing

Hauntd ca3
10-24-2007, 12:12 AM
hope its not a heart breaker dude.
keep the car and stick a big arse alarm in it.
Anyone stole my 3g and i'd have to hunt em down, and play golf with their nuts.
see gangster number one and you'll know what i mean

87preludeA20A3
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok well i went to look at the car and there are no gauges or anything left inside the car, except the MSD 6al which was under the carpet under the dash and the short throw shifter. Nothing hardley in the engine bay was taken. What i can't figure out was why they cut all the gauges out literally. some of them are useless without the wiring like the SAFC2 And the AEM wideband is useless with out the wideband O2 sensor wiring. And my autometer pyrometer is useless without the probe... Anyway it seems that i am going to get raped on this whole deal because the tow yard wants to charge me $600 bucks to get it out. And i totaled all the parts on the car and there are only like $900 bucks left worth of parts and that is if you guys buy everything left.. ZSo i told the guy to just keep the car and he told me if i don't get it out that after 30 days the fees will be like $1500 bucks and that he would just send a collections agency to get thge money... So im fucked in plain english. I'm SOOOO pissed right now i don't see how this government shit works, my car gets stolen i get harrassed about the turbo now about the money. I fucking hate this shit. and i still have to tow the thing home then to my other house because im moving in a week so thats like another 2-300 bucks... FUCK If someone local wants the car i'll sign it over for the price of the fees...$570 today and $26 everyday from now on. Cheap turbo setup.. Like i said everything in the bay is still there. turbo mani,turbo,FMIC,DSM blowoff valve,450cc DSM injectors,adjustable cam gear,adjustable fuel pressure reg, msd blaster 2 coil, msd 6al box, msd btm, a few more i can't think...

Stock89LXi
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
If the police notified you that they've recovered your car, they should have given you the option of having you pick it up or getting it towed; and you should not have to pay a fee to get your car back (the tow fees and the storage fees should be cancelled in the case of a stolen vehicle). The City of your residence is asking for your vehicle to be towed, not you. Did you get a police report on the theft?

ghettogeddy
10-24-2007, 06:49 PM
If the police notified you that they've recovered your car, they should have given you the option of having you pick it up or getting it towed; and you should not have to pay a fee to get your car back (the tow fees and the storage fees should be cancelled in the case of a stolen vehicle). The City of your residence is asking for your vehicle to be towed, not you. Did you get a police report on the theft?

ya when my car was stolen they called me and asked if i wanted it towed or if i was gona pick it up / tow it my self i had aaa so i did it my self lol

87preludeA20A3
10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Well from what i can gather the tow company got to it first. Then they notified the police in the city it was found(not mine, the city next to mine) and they told them it was stolen. So they went to look at it and didn't call me for 5 days, and they didn't release the car till after 13 days had passed....

RamThis
10-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow, what a pain in the ass. I'd get a lawyer if they keep persisting to charge you for the tow/storage fees. It's a stolen vehicle, they cannot charge you for that.

If it does come down to parting out, would that turbo setup work on my 89 LXI A20A3 engine?? If so PM me a price of what you'd take for it and hopefully we could talk more about it........

MessyHonda
10-25-2007, 12:55 AM
dude...call adrian if his gay ass can help you out...maybe he can pull some strings. since he runs a tow truck place.

Stock89LXi
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM
The Tow Co. knows from the police that the Lude was stolen. I suppose you can get a copy of the police report you filed. There's something funny about a Tow Co. that won't release the car to you knowing you reported it stolen at no cost to you. The point is that you are being stolen from twice -- once from the physical theft and once monetarily by the Tow Co. :wtf: Maybe I'm missing something, but it don't sound right. Have you called and told the Tow Co. that you should get your Lude back due to it being reported stolen? But yeah, you can try mkymonkey, too, like Messy says.

blazin3gen
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
thats bs u get your car stolen and u have to pay GAY!

some gay punk ass kids stold my pops taurus (yea a taurus LMAO) and we had to pay 3 bills to take that pos out all cuz some gay little bastards wanted to go joy ridding didnt even steal SHIT!

87preludeA20A3
10-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok got it back and i only payed $318 because i made a big scene... but now i have it.

lostforawhile
10-26-2007, 03:13 PM
make sure you put something on it so the fuel and ignition shut off, then no more joyriders,it won't move. i've also seen a remote battery disconnect switch thats out, you can turn off the battery,the alarm and radio will keep their memory,but the car won't start. this with a cable hood lock,and the car will never start.

MessyHonda
10-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok got it back and i only payed $318 because i made a big scene... but now i have it.

oh well its not that bad....so it drives good?

Ichiban
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm amazed that the tow company can charge you to get your car back at all. They are benefiting from a crime, and I'm sure that's illegal in most places.

87preludeA20A3
10-26-2007, 07:39 PM
No the car wond drive, there is no battery and with the 4500cc injectors and no SAFC theres no way its way too rich. And i don't even know if there is anything mechanically wrong witht the engine after they drove it you never know??????

-$MOKIN-
11-02-2007, 08:09 PM
SELL THE TURBO TO ME. I FOYU WANN PART IT OUT GET AT ME I WANT THAT TURBO KIT. [email protected]

RamThis
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
SELL THE TURBO TO ME. I FOYU WANN PART IT OUT GET AT ME I WANT THAT TURBO KIT. [email protected]

I had dibs on it first, read above...... :thumbdn:

forrest89sei
11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I had dibs on it first, read above...... :thumbdn:

Yep

If it does come down to parting out, would that turbo setup work on my 89 LXI A20A3 engine?? If so PM me a price of what you'd take for it and hopefully we could talk more about it........

87preludeA20A3
11-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok dibs nothng guys i want 900 for everything plus shipping or come and get it. If you want the car too take that too. $900 for the rolling car and turbo stuff.... Im serious. First with money gets it....

RamThis
11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok dibs nothng guys i want 900 for everything plus shipping or come and get it. If you want the car too take that too. $900 for the rolling car and turbo stuff.... Im serious. First with money gets it....

So Im taking it you are not willing to part it out for just the turbo parts and any other parts people would buy?

Too far for me to go for the whole car, I'd probably do it for that price if you lived nearer, but for just the turbo Im not sure I'm ready to spend quite that much just yet...... maybe my idea of how much you'd want was a bit too low or I just dont know how much that stuff runs for lol.

-$MOKIN-
11-05-2007, 07:40 PM
il get it. 900 for the whole car.. .. .. my email adress is [email protected].. you can add my profile on yahoo messenger with [email protected]. i have the money and want the car. 900 for the car. i need pics emailed to me imediatley. i dont ahve alot of time to jump on this car so get at me.

87preludeA20A3
11-06-2007, 06:09 PM
email me.... [email protected] i don't really want to ship but if you pay. And Ram this i'll part out i belive i have a list of all the parts on the first page, my point is that i want the whole thing gone nothing left in my drive way. Shoot me a price for parts and i'll tell you if i accept.