PDA

View Full Version : Got my car back. afew problems to discuss

goldyaccord
09-15-2002, 01:54 PM
Car runs real good for a motor. Definatly needs a tune up.

I'd like to do the tune up but.. i need some advice. my choke didnt want to come on at first but then it would and do this up and down movements from 1000 rpms to 2200 rpms goin up and down till the car warmed up.

Any suggestions? I just replaced the fuel filters.

Josh

smufguy
09-15-2002, 06:59 PM
check ur fast idle valve and check ur vaccum lines. My car used to do that and i guess it was because of a faulty sensor, but hell with carbs, i am efi now. so anywayz, it might be your coolent sensor going bad. its a HUGE mightbe.

goldyaccord
09-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Also, when idling, it runs rough so, its telling me it's missing or it's just not getting enuf fuel or air. but i'm getting a gassy smell sorta... when i'm driving.

any other thoughts?

Josh

goldyaccord
09-16-2002, 10:18 AM
Anyone gonna help?

or am i gonna have to figure this out myself?

doug
09-16-2002, 10:31 AM
mine will go to 2000, and then drop to 1600, after about 30 seconds if I tap the gas it drops to around 800, if I then get in traffic it sometimes will go back up to 2000 until nice and warm then it stays at around 800. If this is kinda what you are seeing then I'd consider it fairly normal. If your saying that you are getting a wild, erratic up & down idle on cold start, then it's most likely a vacuum problem, or stuck linkage, broken spring.

goldyaccord
09-16-2002, 04:51 PM
I have a feeling something is sticky in there somewhere. i also know it's running rough. so, i'd like some info about tuning the carb to run smooth. when i step on the pedal it doesnt hesitate at all and takes off real good but once it's idling it runs rough alittle.

I just got some Bosch 4's plugs.. just gotta get some nice wires and a cap. and then onto tuning the carb again or whatever.

Josh