PDA

View Full Version : Product review forum

Ichiban
09-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I would like to suggest that a forum be set up for reviews of specific products that people on the board have had experience with. I reccommend that the posts be restricted to that of the review and also restricted to a specific format, ie:
-product name
-Picture
-installation/application instructions
-cost
-General comments
-rating (4 out of 5 or whatever)

I have experience with many different auto repair products and would be willing to help set out any ideal format.

bullard123
09-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey thats a good idea.. I hope this happens

2ndGenGuy
09-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Sweet shizzle! We should do it!

MessyHonda
09-22-2007, 01:54 AM
i thought something like that with venders would have happen...but not alot of progress..since most of the mods and admins dont even drive 3gees.

snoopyloopy
09-22-2007, 06:50 AM
heh, and there aren't very many 3g vendors. on k20a.org, they have plenty of vendor sponsors, but they have loads more active members and the vendors actually make k-series parts, some almost exclusively. and it's the same on dsmtalk. i don't know of any vendors who really exclusively make 3g parts, or even many who make 3g parts at all. however, a parts review forum still is a good idea. it could possibly cut down on some redundant questions.

Ichiban
09-22-2007, 05:11 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of any product that one might have experience with, that would be pertinent to this board's community. I've done some extensive work on my car and so have many others here, and the experience with what to use, how to use it, and what to avoid can prove invalulable to others on the board. Obviously products specific to the 1-2-3 gen accords would be included.

Some tools/products I have worked with/own:
-Miller 135 MIG welder
-A variety of angle grinders/drills/die grinders
-Dupont Nason Ful Cryl II
-Dupont Ful Base Catylized primer
-PPG Kondar Laquer primer
-Pro-Form 1K Hi build primer
-Pro-Form Chunky Stuff undercoat
-Devilbiss pressure fed paint gun
-Craftsman paint pot, air compressor
-3M sandpaper
-POR 15
-Permatex rust converter
-Power Fist sandblaster
-Csepel lathe and Huron milling machine. (the Csepel is so big you could turn a sishkabob of 3 or 4 donkeys!)

Anyways, I think such a forum could help people looking to work on their cars make informed choices about what they should use, and would be an asset to the board.

bobafett
09-23-2007, 08:47 AM
I think this could be a cool idea, but as you already pointed out, there are about 3 manufacturers of parts for our cars:

1. honda
2. fram / wix / purolator
3. ebay junk

I wonder if we couldn't break it down very specifically to type of product and see how that would go. if we include all the weird shit that we make fit onto our cars it might be worthwhile. Something to think about though. :)

Chris

2ndGenGuy
09-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, there are all kinds of clutch and flywheel manufacturers. We could have reviews of different H4 headlight conversion products. There are all sorts of different springs and shocks. Machine shops and cam grinders. Hell, I even found a company that makes high-output 160amp alternators for my car.

I think there are plenty of options for aftermarket stuff. Would be enough to fill a section anyways! :)

ghettogeddy
09-23-2007, 12:29 PM
yes this is a great idea cause im tired of telling people what brand is better then what lol

frantik
09-23-2007, 01:00 PM
You guys are welcome to do product reviews on the 3geez wiki :) (see link in sig) just make a page for each product and whatnot

2oodoor
09-24-2007, 04:49 AM
interesting concept

what are the liability issues that could arrise from this, would be one question I would pose.

I see there is a purpose for this somewhat

87accordlxi
09-24-2007, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't start a new forum for this. Everyone always wants a new forum for something. If anyone asks for a new forum, my initial answer is NO, in fact we're looking to reduce the number of forums here. The posts would be a mess and hard to navigate, just like the seller/buyer ratings forum.

This is more suited to vbulletin software created specifically for articles and product reviews. Unfortunately, the developer has taken a break from selling the scripts, so nothing can happen for now.

2drSE-i
09-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't start a new forum for this. Everyone always wants a new forum for something. If anyone asks for a new forum, my initial answer is NO, in fact we're looking to reduce the number of forums here. The posts would be a mess and hard to navigate, just like the seller/buyer ratings forum.

This is more suited to vbulletin software created specifically for articles and product reviews. Unfortunately, the developer has taken a break from selling the scripts, so nothing can happen for now.

i have to agree with you on this one for sure. I hate getting on other sites (accordtuner, PP, H-T, cb7tuner is the worst...etc) and not being able to find anything without searching. I just think that maybe we should continue to update some of the stickies in the forums, to include brand names, etc. Maybe we could start this in the foundation?

2ndGenGuy
09-24-2007, 03:07 PM
phpBB FTW! ;)

87accordlxi
09-25-2007, 05:24 AM
i have to agree with you on this one for sure. I hate getting on other sites (accordtuner, PP, H-T, cb7tuner is the worst...etc) and not being able to find anything without searching. I just think that maybe we should continue to update some of the stickies in the forums, to include brand names, etc. Maybe we could start this in the foundation?

Sure, if any stickies need to be updated, then let one of the forum mods know. Or you can put your heads together in the foundation forum to work on some of them. The stickies should have the latest info if we want people to look at them.

Ichiban
09-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Perhaps each forum could include a subsection for product review? Ie suspension parts goes in suspension and paint/body stuff goes in with interior exterior. I won't pretend that I know what is the best format for the website, there are mods and admins for that. I will tell you I know what products are good, what are not, and how to use and find them.

ghettogeddy
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Perhaps each forum could include a subsection for product review? Ie suspension parts goes in suspension and paint/body stuff goes in with interior exterior. I won't pretend that I know what is the best format for the website, there are mods and admins for that. I will tell you I know what products are good, what are not, and how to use and find them.

ya a sticky for each product review in each section
but the review has to be emaild to a mod so i can be reviewed before placement so we can keep down on post whoring

Ichiban
09-26-2007, 08:07 PM
but the review has to be emaild to a mod so i can be reviewed before placement so we can keep down on post whoring

Exactly. The post should also be well written, provide a reasonable review and clear opinion of the product.

frantik
09-26-2007, 08:33 PM
cough http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Main_Page cough

lol.. i only mention it again cause the admin said he wasn't interested in adding any more forums :)

Anybody who wants to write a review can submit it to me and i'll post it there :) I was already planning on making a page for most parts similar to the accessories pages.. so if people want to write reviews too then that'd be dope