PDA

View Full Version : b16a swap into 90 RS

carlessNcareless
09-15-2002, 02:27 PM
I just read on ARP Performance's website that you can use the stock motor mounts on the 90-91 integra for the b16a and the stock harnesses, but since i have an automatic, what else would i need to do a 5 spd swap, just linkage and pedals? and how hard would it be to swap in the pedals and linkage? AND would i need the guage cluster out of a JDM 90-91 Integra that came standard with a b16a and 5 spd?????? i know this is a 3rd gen board but i remember some1 on here having a 90 integra with a b16a swap

RobT5580
09-15-2002, 05:03 PM
My brother has a 92 Gs and i know the Gsr version comes with a 1.7 Vtec in it which is very similar to the 1.6B16A. As far as a cluster the old one will work and if its like the accord one with the Auto indicators it will just look funny with the indicators in the back but not nessesary to swap out. You will need pedals and cable and all the shift linkage and shifter. I dont think they are to bad to swap out but i havnt done mine yet but i have 2 accords one auto and one 5spd. It should be a very easy swap for you condidering you dont need mounts, and all the misc brakets. I would check the How to section on how to convert the tranny for all the details which will be similar to your car but not exact.