PDA

View Full Version : involved in accident

Ase-Lxi
09-23-2007, 04:04 PM
well i was drifting (trying) a few weeks back when i hit the curb back-end first then front end after the rebound. lower left control arm bent to hell but replaced with part from junkyard so thats fixed but now my main problem now is my front end. i hit little bumps in the road and the car veers left or right slightly and when i turn i have to go slow because i hear and feel a weird *thump thump thump* out of my right front wheel. i was wondering what may need to be done (alignment probably?) or if it could be something more serious.

and yes i did search:cheers:

AZmike
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Check to see what is bent on the front. You may have bent a wheel, a control arm or a subframe. Carefully compare each component left to right and you're likely to find the source of the problem. Measure the runout of the wheel by lifting the car and spinning the wheel with a stationary object right next to the wheel rim. If your the noise is related to wheel speed this is the first thing to check.

knarg
09-23-2007, 04:51 PM
probably alignment or bent wheel, do as above ^
it will definitely be clear if it is thumping like that

ghettogeddy
09-23-2007, 05:06 PM
may have lost the weights on the tirs as well with will cause it to go off balance

LX-incredible
09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
It sounds like an alignment is in order. The noise while turning sounds like a CV joint.

bobafett
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
tie rods could be fucked, and the toe/traction rods (not sure what they are called) might also be all bent.

LX-incredible
09-23-2007, 08:55 PM
tie rods could be fucked, and the toe/traction rods (not sure what they are called) might also be all bent.

Radius/strut rods, the ones that connect the front crossmember to the LCA?

bobafett
09-23-2007, 08:57 PM
yep!

Ase-Lxi
10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
well i checked and it turned out to be bent crosmember and alignment probz. it sux but considering all that was starting to go wrong with it (coolant, oil leaks) i decided to just sell and get one in a better condition. im looking at a hatchback model now:wave:. thank you guys for your help:cheers:

2drSE-i
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
i bent a crossmember and a tie rod avoiding a dog smacking a curb. Crossmember is an easy fix.