PDA

View Full Version : Noob alert!

Beedubb910
09-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Hello all, I am new to the forum because I recently purchased an 85 accord lx with 265000 miles on it for 100 bucks. The car was sitting for a few months with a blown head gasket, bad belts and a million other things wrong... It is now a week later and its on the road getting 30 mpg. It is my DD, I am new to the forum but belong to many others: Honda-tech, Carolinahondas, Importsnc... I dont have many plans for the car except long overdue nursing back to life. Paint is in the future and rims arent that far off. I have owned hondas for 10 years and will never own anything else. My other car I have had for 9 years is a 94 Civic Si hatch that has seen its fair share of swaps and mods.. Right now it has an F22b with h22 tranny sitting on black slipstreams and alot of suspension mods. I am building a low compression boost friendly G22 from parts I have come accross the past few years. The forum looks awesome and I hope to meet a few good ol schoolers like myself on here.

Looking forward to it.:cheers:

Civic Accord Honda
09-25-2007, 08:57 AM
wo0ot :welcome:
post pics of ur 85 and ur civic :)

2ndGenGuy
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Welcome! If you're a fan of swaps, look into the A20 swap for your '85. :D

Hoy_LDT
09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
welcome!!! YES IM FIRST HAHA! where you from???good ol cali?

edit:thats wack lol i seen the fourm i hit reply and when i post there is 2 other ppl who posted...lol

you guys are fast...lol

Beedubb910
09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Wilmington NC in the house. Ive looked at some options for swaps but I am going to run the motor thats in it till it falls apart. I will have some pics up asap, my computer crashed and deleted everything I had but I will post some civic build up pics that I have collected on Imageshack. I dont have any of the accord yet but they will be coming soon also. Nice to find a good site, Peace.

88Accord-DX
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah, run the motor till it dies. Probably get another 200k out of it, if not more. Depending on how much lead is in the foot. Welcome to the board, lots of good people on here. :wave: