PDA

View Full Version : a few electrical issues

stocklxi
09-26-2007, 12:07 PM
okay first one, i dunno if its normal or not, but my gear indicator light [P] etc, if i look closely enough, will fluxuate in its brightness in a completly random manner or will dim horribly when the turn signal flashes on, no matter what gear it is.

and my second is none of my interior lights work, no dome(by the switch or when door opens), no door lights, no door indicator on the cluster( sometimes tho) is that all that same #13 fuse? or a wiring issue?

LX-incredible
09-26-2007, 01:18 PM
My indicator lights would do the same, but it never really bothered me. They were never random, only with load. When I switched them with LEDs it went away. :)

Check the fuse for the interior lights. The dash indicator lights for the doors are on a different circuit but are switched by the same ground as the interior light. Check those switches as well. When the dome lamp is switched "ON", it should bypass those and ground out directly to the roof...

stocklxi
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
so what am i looking at or looking for exactly? to see if its not grounded? i am quite the wiring n00b. lol

ill check the fuse to see if its ok, i know how to do that, but as far as maybe getting out a multimeter and testing for stuff is where you lose me lol

LX-incredible
09-26-2007, 06:27 PM
The switches for the lights, the wiring from them, and the screws that hold the dome light and the switches.