PDA

View Full Version : Broken water fitting

billyballer
09-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Newbie here.

I was chasing a water leak coming from under the carb, and I grabbed a hose where the water was pouring out, and it snapped off with the aluminum nipple inside. It looks like whatever it is attaches to the intake manifold, and the hose runs to one of the main radiotor hoses on the other end. Also behind where the nipple broke off there is a spring. Anyone know what this is and whether or not it is a replaceable part?
I thought it was some sort of heat actuated valve but no clue.
thanks

-Bill

lostforawhile
09-26-2007, 02:20 PM
it is it should have a hose in one end and a hose out to the carb base. it's a valve that controls water flow through the carb water passage. there should be a single 10mm bolt holding it to the bottom of the manifold.

labeledsk8r
09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13se00_e03.gif

was it hose number 14,13, or 11?

lostforawhile
09-26-2007, 02:40 PM
the valve he broke is number ten,it's the only coolant hose attached to the bottom side of the manifold,the carb temp is water controlled and thats the thermostat. probably someone on here has got one. they are easy to break.

lostforawhile
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM
water flows from the main water pipe,through that hose,through the valve,then into a water passage in the carb body,it returns to the coolant flowing through the manifold through a passage in the intake.

labeledsk8r
09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
the valve he broke is number ten,it's the only coolant hose attached to the bottom side of the manifold,the carb temp is water controlled and thats the thermostat. probably someone on here has got one. they are easy to break.

ahh lol i forgot all about that little thing lol

billyballer
09-26-2007, 03:29 PM
So is this a part I can get at Napa? Does it have a name like "carb thermostadt"? and I presume I'll need the hose as well.

Thanks for all the input guys

-Bill

lostforawhile
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
probably the dealer