PDA

View Full Version : 3 gee broken into for the second time

jkool15
09-29-2007, 11:48 AM
alright my car was broken into for the second time last night..... its sum one that has a key that fits my car.... the first time they stole my sub and tried to get the amp but failed.... since i no longer had a sub i removed my amp and let my friend borrow it... any ways now they broke into it again same as the first time.... no damage just get to my car and see the trunk open.... this time they went into the car to... lucky my face was locked in my glove box... all they got this time was the change in my coin box.... i had enough so i bought an alarm and had it installed today....didnt want to wast that kind of money but im glad it will hopefully prevent this from happening again...

Demon1024
09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Get security camera and catch that bastard

ghettogeddy
09-29-2007, 02:35 PM
alright my car was broken into for the second time last night..... its sum one that has a key that fits my car.... the first time they stole my sub and tried to get the amp but failed.... since i no longer had a sub i removed my amp and let my friend borrow it... any ways now they broke into it again same as the first time.... no damage just get to my car and see the trunk open.... this time they went into the car to... lucky my face was locked in my glove box... all they got this time was the change in my coin box.... i had enough so i bought an alarm and had it installed today....didnt want to wast that kind of money but im glad it will hopefully prevent this from happening again...

def not a waste if u keep losing shit lol
and yes a security cam
cause even alarms aren't 100%

frantik
09-29-2007, 10:34 PM
i want one of those alarms that says "please step away from the car" lol

Demon1024
09-30-2007, 02:17 AM
I want one that shocks the shit outta people then warns them!

labeledsk8r
09-30-2007, 02:39 AM
wow man that truely sucks, not hit once but twice, and most likely from the same guy 2, hopefully the alarm will work to fend off theives, to bad you couldnt catch the guy doing this, like hide in some bushes and when he walkes up jump out and yell"got your dumb ass" lol

jkool15
09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
lol i plan on setting up cameras.. i think its sumone i know.... he had a key that opened my doors.... but he said it wasnt him.... i dont really belive him, because hes a shady guy will do anything for money.... but i have no proof that it was him.. so i cant do anything to him... thats y i want the camera so i can see if it is him

ghettogeddy
09-30-2007, 01:26 PM
lol i plan on setting up cameras.. i think its sumone i know.... he had a key that opened my doors.... but he said it wasnt him.... i dont really belive him, because hes a shady guy will do anything for money.... but i have no proof that it was him.. so i cant do anything to him... thats y i want the camera so i can see if it is him

why does he have a key to your car lol thats just dumb no one and i mean no one has a key to my shit but they still stole my car like they did lol a shaved key will do wonders

frantik
09-30-2007, 02:30 PM
at one meet we fucked around and almost everybody's key would open everyone else's drivers side door within a minute of trying. and if that didnt work one of those "slimjims" would definitely do it in no time at all. basically our cars are as good as unlocked lol

MessyHonda
09-30-2007, 02:53 PM
at one meet we fucked around and almost everybody's key would open everyone else's drivers side door within a minute of trying. and if that didnt work one of those "slimjims" would definitely do it in no time at all. basically our cars are as good as unlocked lol

yup...thats why when i do my paint job im converting my driver door to the rear handle...i already got the front passenger side converted.

ghettogeddy
09-30-2007, 02:54 PM
yup...thats why when i do my paint job im converting my driver door to the rear handle...i already got the front passenger side converted.

x2 but ill be doing it alot sooner lol

jkool15
09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
wow i didnt even think about switching to the rear handles..... and he didnt have a key to my car.... he had a key that worked on my doors.... i was thinking of getting all new locks... and was woundering if i would have to go to a honda dealer for that... but puttin rear handles is a better idea or shave the handles all together

Civic Accord Honda
09-30-2007, 06:27 PM
lol whats werid is every 3gee key i tryed and even my 2gee key i tryed would not open my door

labeledsk8r
09-30-2007, 06:28 PM
yeah once you get keyless entry rear handles are great to replace the front, they can still get in threw the trunk but it takes more work and i think people are lazy when it comes to stealing something, just remember if your batt dies have a back up way to get in the car lol

jkool15
09-30-2007, 06:30 PM
wut back up ways are there?..... and im gonna try to get rid of the key hole on the trunk

labeledsk8r
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
wut back up ways are there?..... and im gonna try to get rid of the key hole on the trunk

the most i have heard of is haveing a back up way to pop the hood to get a charger on it or have a pos and neg termanal someplace reachable from under the car with a cover over it so you can hook up a jump and unlock your doors not sure on any others i know someone else will chime in on it

jkool15
09-30-2007, 06:49 PM
sweet good ideas thanks....

ghettogeddy
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I sugjest external bat post so u can jump your car if u have no key holes just an idea i had lol
but ill be doing the rear handle thing prolly this comming week also gona be switching the truck lock so i can open my trunk again lol

edit no wait im gona have to wait to do the handels lol
my car hasn't been started in months lol and i dont wanna have to go through the trunk every time i decide to get im my car lol

jkool15
10-01-2007, 06:07 AM
how easy is it to remove the handles....... do u have to take the whole door panel apart? i know where there is a 3 gee sitting thats already had a few parts picked off... so i can get the rear handkes off for free

MessyHonda
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
wow i didnt even think about switching to the rear handles..... and he didnt have a key to my car.... he had a key that worked on my doors.... i was thinking of getting all new locks... and was woundering if i would have to go to a honda dealer for that... but puttin rear handles is a better idea or shave the handles all together

yup its nice...cuz only the alarm can open up your car now. the trunk will be the only keyhole left.

frantik
10-01-2007, 02:35 PM
lol whats werid is every 3gee key i tryed and even my 2gee key i tryed would not open my door
you have to kinda jiggle it and stuff... once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy.. and some locks are eaiser than others.

HondaBoy
10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
i'd have to say the alarm was a good choice. mine has been broken into when parked elsewhere than my house. i've decided that will be my next thing for my 3gee. then i will probably get back to upgrading the stereo again, thats what was stolen out of mine. but yeah, not a waste of money going with the alarm.

jkool15
10-02-2007, 06:53 AM
alright i've disabled the key hole on my trunk and i got a pair of rear door handles off another 3 gee.... a red one so im going to pain them gold to match mine.... hopefully get it done today...... im excited... now for them to get in they have to do sum work... not just open in with a key

labeledsk8r
10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
alright i've disabled the key hole on my trunk and i got a pair of rear door handles off another 3 gee.... a red one so im going to pain them gold to match mine.... hopefully get it done today...... im excited... now for them to get in they have to do sum work... not just open in with a key

awsome work, now lets see those basterds get in

MessyHonda
10-02-2007, 10:48 AM

post pics....also the lil metal line that goes from the keyhole to the lock......i removed it so ppl with slim jims wont be able to open it.

BITESIZE
10-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Messy do you have door poppers?

MessyHonda
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Messy do you have door poppers?

nope...i just have regular handles with no keyholes.

jkool15
10-02-2007, 12:22 PM
post pics....also the lil metal line that goes from the keyhole to the lock......i removed it so ppl with slim jims wont be able to open it.

thats exactly wut i did.... lol im actually suprised i figured that out on my own... most things i learn or hear of from here

twofast4u
10-02-2007, 01:27 PM
how easy is it to remove the handles....... do u have to take the whole door panel apart? i know where there is a 3 gee sitting thats already had a few parts picked off... so i can get the rear handkes off for free

oh dude! if you know where a 3 gee is sitting i need the thing that holds the door open. Like the locking mechanism so the door fly everywhere while it is open. Mine snapped in half yesterday. But as for the breaking in thing bust get a cheap alarm and set the sensitvity to high so that even if he uses teh key the alarm will still ring...thats what i did wen mine got broken into.

MessyHonda
10-02-2007, 01:31 PM
oh dude! if you know where a 3 gee is sitting i need the thing that holds the door open. Like the locking mechanism so the door fly everywhere while it is open. Mine snapped in half yesterday. But as for the breaking in thing bust get a cheap alarm and set the sensitvity to high so that even if he uses teh key the alarm will still ring...thats what i did wen mine got broken into.

i would not recomend setting the sensitivity high....i did on my car and it would go off even if a car drove by it....created lots of false alarms that i started to ignore...now i set it back to like 60% and it goes off less offten and if it does now i go check on it

AccordB20A
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
i dont have a shock sensor its turned right off for that reason ^^^

now my other accord has sold im upgrading mine to a 5 star alarm after i have shipped this spoiler.

hondatech
10-03-2007, 10:10 AM
well thy might not have a key you can use and mazda key to unlock it my dad told me that cuz he is a lock smith. he showed me how to do it too it is easy you take the key and put it in not all the way but then push down on the key and wigle the key the rigt way and it unlocks

mushroom_toy
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah it was probably someone with a slimjim. I have one for helping people when I see them locked out of their car, and I can tell you I can get into just about any car in under 10 minutes, usually like 3-4 minutes max.

jkool15
10-03-2007, 02:04 PM
alright my door handle conversion is complete.... the paint color is a little off but wut ever at least they wont be able to get into my car..... as for the slim jim thing i moved the little bar so they wont be able to pop it with that... i think its like tucked in behind the window track.... next step is to run a wire from the positave batery terminal, that i can access from outside the car so i can boost it if the batt dies....

jkool15
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
on another note.... how can i make my rear windows go all the way down???

russiankid
10-05-2007, 06:15 AM
on another note.... how can i make my rear windows go all the way down???

I don't think you can, it is like a safety feature so if you have kids in the back seat and windows down they don't fall out:welcome:

labeledsk8r
10-06-2007, 05:05 AM
I don't think you can, it is like a safety feature so if you have kids in the back seat and windows down they don't fall out:welcome:

exactly, seems like ejecting babys was a big problem back in the 80's so belive it or not those damn child safty 3/4th way down windows could be used as a selling point to a family lol, psh i say if there was a problem of babys ejecting themselves then leave the windows up and use the window lock, but i guess you cant do much lol

jkool15
10-06-2007, 10:08 AM
is there any way of removing that safety feature?

lostforawhile
10-06-2007, 10:16 AM
i wonder if a front window regulator will fit in the back with some work,then use the rear glass in the regulator. i haven't really looked at it,is there maby a pin or something that stops the window?