PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel audio control+Pioneer

russiankid
09-30-2007, 06:52 AM
My Pioneer DEH-P4800MP has a 1/8th mini jack on the rear side for a wired remote. The instruction manual doesn't say anything about it other than it is bought separately. My question is, how could i wire the controls on the steering wheel to the radio without buying the interface. From what i recall the steering wheel controls have a single wire that goes to the head unit.

MessyHonda
09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
i use the remote that i always keep in my armrest.

russiankid
09-30-2007, 03:12 PM
i use the remote that i always keep in my armrest.
Yea but i have an SE-i steering wheel and it would be nice to be able to use those controls:wave:

Civic Accord Honda
09-30-2007, 06:11 PM
meh i like the remotes that radios come with way better then steering wheel controls

A18A
09-30-2007, 07:35 PM
i want a steering wheel with volume controls :O that would be pimp

labeledsk8r
09-30-2007, 07:45 PM
well since you have the se-i wheel (and im guessing hub aswell) it should be able to be done. i belive your right on it beinge one wire, i belive the wheel is only a ground for the switch so some major re-wireing would have to be done. if i saw the wireing of the remote and the wireing of the wheel i could draw up a quick skimatic but i dont even reemmber the se-i wheel wireing anymore, goodluck

Hash_man_Se_i
09-30-2007, 09:32 PM
search for a SWI-X adapter... this piece will allow you to use to factory controls on an aftermarket deck.,

russiankid
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
search for a SWI-X adapter... this piece will allow you to use to factory controls on an aftermarket deck.,

I know what you are talking about, but i would rather not buy that and just wire it up myself since my radio has a wired remote jack.

Blkblurr
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
The SE-i wheel remote control has a resister of a differnent value for each function wired to gnd or pos. I can't remember which. It is in the Helminc manual. Your radio remote input must be able to decifer the different reisistor values and expect them to be the same command. The remote adapter for these radios will see the different resistor values or voltages if you want and based on the settings you pick, it will control that function of your radio. I don't think your remote input in your radio works the way you want to wire it without the adapter.

russiankid
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
The SE-i wheel remote control has a resister of a differnent value for each function wired to gnd or pos. I can't remember which. It is in the Helminc manual. Your radio remote input must be able to decifer the different reisistor values and expect them to be the same command. The remote adapter for these radios will see the different resistor values or voltages if you want and based on the settings you pick, it will control that function of your radio. I don't think your remote input in your radio works the way you want to wire it without the adapter.

:thumbdn: I'll have to check the radio.