PDA

View Full Version : rear upper arm

AC439
09-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Well.....I checked all four wheels today and found out both of the rear upper ball joints are loose expecially worse on the left side. After reading the threads for an hour, I know I should replace the arm with the joint. It makes the job easier. After checking napa, autozone and advanced auto, it is not cheap. I found one on rockauto and they are asking about $30 each. Is this the best deal? Anyone knows where else may have a better price?

Thanks. -AC

Legend_master
09-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Well.....I checked all four wheels today and found out both of the rear upper ball joints are loose expecially worse on the left side. After reading the threads for an hour, I know I should replace the arm with the joint. It makes the job easier. After checking napa, autozone and advanced auto, it is not cheap. I found one on rockauto and they are asking about $30 each. Is this the best deal? Anyone knows where else may have a better price?

Thanks. -AC

30 each for a control arm and ball joint is not that bad. Much cheaper and I would be worried about the quality of the ball joint.

Bglad420
09-30-2007, 06:46 PM
30 each for a control arm and ball joint is not that bad. Much cheaper and I would be worried about the quality of the ball joint.

I payed 50 just for a ball joint, and had it installed into my original control arm.

2drSE-i
09-30-2007, 09:02 PM
My advice to you is to buy some moog ball joints and get those put in. there should be nothing wrong with the arms, other than maybe they might need bushings.

Bglad420
09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Moog you say whats so good about them?? And price and place to purchase??

Hauntd ca3
09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Judging by the price you guys pay, you should investigate importing them.
Last time i had to do the upper rear arms it cost me about $15 usd per side.

AccordB20A
10-01-2007, 01:06 AM
me being a cheap ass have spares off other cars floating around that i allways use if i have a problem....

2drSE-i
10-01-2007, 06:34 AM
Moog you say whats so good about them?? And price and place to purchase??

theyre more expensive, about 30 per joint, but they are awesome quality suspension products. Their bushings last longer than OEM Honda's, according to what ive read on other forums.

2drSE-i
10-01-2007, 06:34 AM
theyre more expensive, about 30 per joint, but they are awesome quality suspension products. Their bushings last longer than OEM Honda's, according to what ive read on other forums.

oh and you can get them at summit i believe, just be careful because summit is hard to tell what your getting, alot of the time it just says "ball joint" and doesnt tell you where it goes lol...

LX-incredible
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, summit has them all. You will need to get the moog part numbers from http://www.federalmogul.com/en/ProductSelector Summit will label the left UCA as a ball joint and the right as a control arm. Other times there will be no description or application information, so certain parts won't come up in a search.

2drSE-i
10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
ya summit is good about shipping and prices, but their organization sucks balls....

MessyHonda
10-01-2007, 11:49 PM
yeah moog ball joints are pricy but the best. i have the front ones done with moog ball joints. it was like 27 bucks per side.

LX-incredible
10-02-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah moog ball joints are pricy but the best. i have the front ones done with moog ball joints. it was like 27 bucks per side.
For the lowers?

MessyHonda
10-02-2007, 12:51 PM
For the lowers?

yup i got them of rockauto