PDA

View Full Version : Honda Fucked Uppppp

smufguy
09-15-2002, 07:44 PM
HOLY SHIT, HONDA SOOOOO FUCKED UP ON THE 2003 ACCORD. SHIT YO, TO BE HONEST THE DUDE MUST BE SMOKING DOPE WHEN HE DESIGNED IT. ALL OF HEM MUST BE ON CRACK.

the coupe

headlights look like those from the altima (or civic, whichever u choose)
tailight looks like a CLK
front looks like an insight

Sedan

Front looks like a civic and no place for the fog lamps??????
tailights look like those from the saturn L series.
Headlights is the same shit as the coupe

holy damn fuck, i cant find words to define this honda fuck up. shit yo, i am sticking with my 3g. if i am gonna get any other car, its gonna be a 6th gen.

THE THROTTLE BODY IS NEAR THE RADIATOR?????? WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO THAT?

night
09-15-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by smufguy

:rolleyes:

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Hahah...d00d, you sound like your drunk :huh: :lol

I went and saw the 2003 Accord in person, and I don't think it actually looks half bad. Still not diggin the taillights as much as the previous generation, but it's still a nice looking car. I'd buy one. They got some nice engines in the 2003's as well :)

What's wrong with the throttle body being by the radiator? That's the way it is on my sisters Maxima, and it works just fine. If it was sucking the air in right by the radiator, that would be a whole other story, but the throttle body and everything is hot already, so being by the radiator isn't going to make a difference. And since they switched the intake and exhaust manifolds (exhuast is in back by the firewall), that leaves nowhere else to put it but in front.

:)

ACCORD EX
09-16-2002, 02:05 AM

a lot of cars have throttle body near the radiator ! why would that be a problem, !? :rolleyes:

MIKE

DarknessRS
09-16-2002, 03:36 AM

Haha, you know what my 'Toyota' friends say about Hondas? The throttle body is in the back, wtf?

Seriously, the reason that the throttle body is in the front now is because all of the newer honda engines spin the 'correct' way now.

All of the older engines made before the K series spun in the opposite direction, so that the exhaust manifold was towards the front, and the throttle body is in the rear. While the norm for transverse engines has always been the opposite.

Neuspeed87lx
09-16-2002, 04:06 AM
i didnt like the 2003s when i first saw them ...but now i kinda like them ...i saw one with a body kit and a spoiler and rims and it looked reall good

Vanilla Sky
09-16-2002, 04:25 AM
i think it looks sexy... like i said in the thread i posted like a week ago... the pictures do that car no justice... it looks really good in person... i'd like to see them bring it over in an SI or type R platform... those would sell like hotcakes

Derick

OldSchoolSwap
09-16-2002, 04:35 AM
I think its a good idea as this will keep heat out the engine bay by keeping the hot manifold away as much as possible from the bay itself. This will lower underhood temp and will keep your throttle and intake much cooler.

sanjay
09-16-2002, 05:03 AM
BUt has anyone noticed how all the newer cars have similar features? They;re all more sleek and cut curved.... its weird kinda...
they're not boxy like ours,
not rounded like the late 90's cars...
I think its just the new style or soemthing :S
:wtf: :toilet:

89lxi95zx7
09-16-2002, 07:46 AM
2003 Accord kicks ass. End of story.

smufguy
09-16-2002, 12:02 PM
okay please dont laugh at me, but its the first time i have seen a throttle body in the front. Yeah, all the other cars i have dealt with were in the top near the firewall and the headers in the front of the radiator. i agree with you about the tb being cool and stuff, but how is the headers gonna get cooled?

i now know that other cars have the same set up, but i like the look of the honda's so far with quite different approach to everything. I wish they did not make the newer cars alike as u said. Pisses me off everytime i see a focus and a civic and now this accord and the altima.

Defiant[YD]
09-17-2002, 02:38 PM
with the stock 240-245 HP on the v6 coupe, hell, i'd take it in a flash! but then again, no money :p

1989 DX R
09-17-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm sorry, but the 7th gens look like ass. Not like nice ass...like nasty ass. Fucked up like a BuiKiaGeoFocus crap. Total crap. Mechanically, it's nice. Stylistically, I'll take my 3Gee thanks. Save me $25,000.

V8Astro Captain
09-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Aside from the logos smeared all over new cars, I don't know how you all distinguish among ANY of the new sedans in general.

They all look the same. The RSX/Celica/Mazda thing/Mitsubishi thing/aweful Saturn thing....

the list goes on...

A20A1
09-17-2002, 07:19 PM
DAMN do they think americans like saturns? is that why they made the accord sedan look so gay.

the front ain't too bad and the side is ok... I didn't have time to catch the interior.

smufguy
09-18-2002, 04:53 AM
http://www.hondabeat.com/news/accord2003.cfm

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/summ/index.cfm/id/23230.htm

http://french.honda.ca/accord2003/default.asp <<this is a french site

http://www.motortrend.com/news/stories/020729fl.html

http://www.cardesignnews.com/news/2002/020730honda-accord/

http://host04.ipowerweb.com/~carthril/honda/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30 <<<< this board looks just our 3geez.

OKay seems like i am not the only one who has a distaste for the LOOK of this car. But u know what. forgeting about the stock lines and cues, we need to get someone (probably its started) to make body kits. only then this car would stand out. total rip of the bumpers, headlights, hood and grille and of course the frigging tailights.

DonnyG
09-18-2002, 05:10 AM
just wait until you see the casr in person, that's all I got to say about that. But fro 25 grand my ass would be going out an buying a new mercedies benz, an if you doubt that I could buy a new one for 25k, well then go do some research. Another thing My friend that works security at Honda told me about a prototype car they might be coming out with. Well how he described it, Honda now has a PT Cruiser. He said it looked like shit, an he doesn't rip on any type of car, but this one he went off on.

Asturias
09-19-2002, 05:24 AM
I think the sedan suffers from the same rear end disease that plagues the BMW 745i...too bulky. The coupe looks pretty good...the tail lamps look like they're from Mercedes Benz.

Grant2k
09-19-2002, 08:57 AM
new cars always look similar. things move in trends.

1989 DX R
09-19-2002, 10:47 AM
And the trend these days is toward the gheyness. Hell, even gay people probably hate that shit.

Grant2k
09-19-2002, 04:16 PM
come on, it's not that bad.

smufguy
09-19-2002, 05:53 PM
it is THAT bad.

netfreak
09-19-2002, 06:17 PM
It is horrible.

87accordlxi
09-19-2002, 06:19 PM
i saw a sedan today, and it wasnt too bad. it looks bigger than the 6th gen.

smufguy
09-20-2002, 08:30 AM
yeah, they said it looks bulky, atleast the back should be hella bulky, anywayz. i am kinda getting to like it after looking at the pics. Yeah, i contradict myself, but i am guessing i am getting used to it now that the initial encounter. I really really really want the sedan's front grille and bumper changed. too much civic like and the badge is way too big (like the odysse). Hope ppl would buy it and then cuztomize the front right away.

89lxi95zx7
09-20-2002, 08:36 AM
4dr looks like the new altima, 2dr looks good

HondaBoy
10-04-2002, 08:54 PM
well i got a 6th gen accord. i can tell that the doors are basicly the same and can see where they got the styling from in the Japanese accords. personaly i like the new ones. hope to get the V6. i hear its not slow at all, but supprisingly powerful. like most of the accords.

ryan88lxi
10-04-2002, 09:38 PM
I personally think that it's a nice look, once you get over the shock of the drastic changes you will all most likely fall for it too!

-- Yeah the back lights remind me of Mercedes as well! That's what I thought of at first!

~~Heather

Reptile
10-05-2002, 05:55 AM
ok, i did want it untill i saw the back end.

smufguy
10-05-2002, 07:03 AM
The new accord is a 2.4L 160 hp and the V6 is a 3.1 or a 3.2 with 210hp. just just increased 10 hp keeping the compression ratio more or less the same, and increasing the displacement. I saw one today in the bank parking lot. From the side, its good. from the back, its alright, from the front is awful. Inside looks stunning and no question about it. I would redo the front and get rid of the huge badge (almost the size of the one from the odysse). The front will be total custom body kit and getting rid of that damn grille if i get that. and the back will follow after that.

one word for it, SLEEK.!!!

Grant2k
10-06-2002, 05:33 PM
i thought they bumped the V-6 up to 240hp with a 6 speed manual as an option. that sounds awfully fast to me.

smufguy
10-06-2002, 06:41 PM
thanks to grant i correct myself. i did not visit the website till now and my valves was taken from websites that had it before honda put up the valves, so the numbers are just assumed or either speculated

DX | Starting at $15,800.00

The Accord DX Sedan is one of the top car values around. It starts with its 160-hp, 16-valve i-VTEC® engine, double-wishbone front/ five-link double-wishbone rear suspension, and Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System. Honda then adds ABS, power windows, dual-stage front airbags (SRS), LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) and an AM/FM/CD audio system.

The Accord LX V-6 Sedan has a 240-hp, 24-valve VTEC® V-6 engine, one of the most powerful V-6 engines in its class. It offers all the standard features of the 4-cylinder LX Sedan, plus 4-wheel disc brakes, a Traction Control System (TCS) and a driver's seat with 8-way power adjustment.

V-6 Automatic Transmission: $23,000.00

To be honest, the specs on these are the best ever on any accord. i love em.

1989 DX R
10-06-2002, 06:42 PM
To be honest, the specs on these are the best ever on any accord. i love em.

Specs = :D

Styling = :gay:

Scott89hondalxi
10-07-2002, 06:45 PM
lately honda is blowing dick......like the new SI it sucks compared to so many of the other cars out there.....with all the other imports bringing in LSD's and turbos and torque......and for some damn good prices right around 23-25k, it all when downhill when they had to call the integra the "rsx" fuck that shit just keep it how they do in japan with no acura and still have the integra....

James
10-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Its nice, but I could get a G35 for that much... Also the gauges annoy the hell outa me.. Damn cheap ass looking.

James
10-07-2002, 06:54 PM
RSX = JDM Intergra RS-X