PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In South Texas? Like Close To Corpus Christi

HondaBoy
09-15-2002, 08:03 PM
i live down herre in south texas and want to meet some others 3geezers. all of my racing and car friends have other cars. none of them have a 3gee. i realy want to meet up with some people with 3geez. even if your not in my area im shurre u can drive herre. most of my friends are interested in cars. some arent. my friend started a car club so of course im in it. but we dont have ne 3geez. :( hope to get some replies. of if u perfurr u can pm me.

koniglxi
09-20-2002, 06:55 AM
im probably one of the only ones here..im from SA. texas is too big for real

DBMaster
09-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Too bad I don't live in Corpus any more. Lived there from 92-94. The 89 LXi was a lot newer back then.

I do get down there now and then to visit, but I hate the drive now. Too much traffic on I-35 between here and S.A!

HondaBoy
09-22-2002, 08:03 PM
yep DBMaster, i know wut u mean. on a good day u can drive from here to dallas in right about 8 hours. thats a bitch getting through S.A. cuz all the traffic. what part of dallas do u live in. i visit up there some times. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO POST IF THEY LIVE CLOSE TO ME.

DBMaster
09-23-2002, 08:41 AM
I live in Lewisville, a suburb to the North of Dallas. When I lived in Corpus I was on the Southside near the instersection of Staples and Saratoga.

It is pretty tough driving I-35 through Austin, as well.

HondaBoy
09-23-2002, 07:23 PM
i know where staples and saratoga r. i dont live too far from there. i liver on a street called montego. its by holly and weber. u know wherre this is? oh ya . because i talk soo much about cars, every time i say holly and weber, people think im talking about carbs. lol. hahaha.

tk89acc
09-24-2002, 12:47 PM
I might be going down to corpus for Corpus Christi Heatwave here pretty soon. Probably not but if I decide to I will post up.

3rdgenSLIMER
09-29-2002, 10:50 AM
im in longview, east texas. i used to play soccer in lewisville db. we all need to figure out where to meet, and have a big @$$ texas meet. ive been wanting to do that for a long freakin time!

HondaBoy
10-21-2002, 07:34 PM
well i didnt see any of yall from texas at the car show here. i wish i would have seen a 3gee. the closest thing i saw was an old mitsubishi galant VR-4(rare). but no old hondas.we realy need to have a texas 3geez meet.

HondaBoy
10-25-2002, 09:14 PM
ok now i know there has to be more than this. there just has to be more people that live here in texas .

KaMiKaZeE
10-27-2002, 08:17 AM
THANK GOD! I'm in Lewisville too! thought I was the only one! Hey we need to meet up and ride together- a Lewisville 3g posse!:badass:

KaMiKaZeE
11-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey, if you want to come up to Dallas we are organizing a meet for mid- March. Visit the thread at Dallas Texas Area Meet. The more the merrier!

HondaBoy
11-03-2002, 08:59 PM
i would love to go up there but i havnt tested my car yet. i havnt drove it over long distances and im shur it would make it but until i get a tune up and other stuff i dont know. this sounds pretty ghetto but i am only 16 and my grandma who i live with is a bitch about letting me drive far. that will change soon though. the thing i think i need is new tie rod ends and some new suspension bushings. and also an alignment. then i can get outa town. so none of yall live newhere near corpus christi? damn i need to get some people from here to get on this board.

KaMiKaZeE
11-04-2002, 12:25 PM
:( Sorry bro, I actually live slightly NORTH of Dallas. But u are welcome at any of our meets when you can make it!:wave:

HondaBoy
12-15-2002, 12:43 AM
im hoping some of the guys here in south texas will wanna meet up sometime soon. its gettin boaring being the only one with a fixed up 3gee.

koniglxi
12-15-2002, 12:44 PM
i knows how you feel

wprocomp
12-17-2002, 08:28 AM
Hey koniglxi I live in sa too, where about do you live? Mabye we can meet up yo.:flash:

help_silva
01-07-2003, 11:25 PM
well well well i found me some texas boy finalley cause i'm
from georgetown 15 mile north of austin i got me a 3gee to
hope to meet yall some day till then keep them 3geez in good
shape

88 Accord DX
01-08-2003, 05:49 AM
i live in San Angelo if anyone knows where that is.

od2681
01-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I like this whole idea bout a Texas meet....hmmmm where to meet up...hey i got an idea..lets meat up in Houston TX....Its in the middle of everyone...
does anyone like this idea

HondaBoy
01-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Houston sounds great. only thing is that i wrecked my car exactly a week ago 2day. im hopin by march i will get it totaly fixed. my uncle in Houston is an old mechanic that is into hondas. he is puttin a B18 or bigger into his '91 civic HB. he knows his shit and could probley put a more powerful engine that has more aftermarket parts into my 3gee. im going up that way at the end of Jan. for that races. my friend with his turbo 5.0 mustang is racing up there. im not sure if its in houston or san antonio. ill find out soon. and for yall who live near houston and want to fix up your honda, ill ask my uncle if he will put in engines. if so i can probley tell yall where to go.

tk89acc
01-14-2003, 10:01 PM
I'll be in Houston this weekend.

Tech^salvager
02-11-2005, 07:36 AM
sorry for bringing up a old thread, I wouldn't of brang it up if hondaboy wasn't still around which I believe he is but anyways. I'm in Portland, Texas, Hondaboy, but I don't have a 3g yet. Went to Del Mar last semester so I didn't have time to get a job. Right noe I'm looking for a job so I can start saving for a 3rd gen perfer 86 standard. but thats another thing. So hows it hanging in Corpus?

86LXItooFAST4me
02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
there is no one here in austin, lol. but there are a shit load of 3Gs here

od2681
02-11-2005, 09:20 AM
gawd this thread is old...i was look cool a texas meetbut i saw my old post on here... that was like a year ago or somethin..

HondaBoy
02-11-2005, 10:43 AM
yeah, this is old. but yeah, anyway i still live in Corpus Christi. there's a good car scene here still. we used to hang out down town at the Peoples Street T head, but with construction and crap, nobody goes down there much anymore. we go to the old K mart parking lot now. a dude just bought an R33 Skyline 2.5 singe turbo and showed it off last saturday. i think he's with Voodoo, the car club, because my buddy John with a VR4 galant knew him or something. anyway, when you do get a car, you should come down here and check it out on friday and saturday nights. i think in march or april the hot rods will start having their monthly car shows on fridays at the Snapka's drive in on Leopard. did you come to corpus for the Heat Wave car show? i think it was october. my friend had his red and silver Audi coupe in that show.

od2681
02-11-2005, 11:53 AM
nah i barely go outside of houston...dont get the chcance to cuzz im real busy with school..just missed another car show

Tech^salvager
02-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Nah I didn't go to the Heat Wave car show last year, cause I had to study alot and stuff to get my GED and get into Del Mar. yeah I droped HS. You wouldn't know of anybody saling in 3rd gens around corpus or such? that reminds me when I was going to Del Mar and back I saw a 3g at this junk yard on the corner of the street just sitting there. I should gonna up to see what was matter with it and what they wanted for it but nah I was a idiot and just kept putting it off then couple weeks later it was gone.

Baveara
06-29-2005, 08:20 AM
i live in lufkin north of houston would love to be at the meet.

HondaBoy
06-29-2005, 09:45 AM
we havent had a meet here in south texas yet. that'd be cool to have a meet here in corpus christi or san antonio.