PDA

View Full Version : honda factory radios work in 3g?

mboardman
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Ive seen the thread listing all the other head units from other honda/acura models that will work in a 3g, but do any of those head units have an aux input jack? Im guessing not.....Im really addicted to having that option for my ipod, xm, etc. Im selling my Element and that was a great option to have, let me tell you. Any other source could be input.

I know I can buy an aftermarket for $90 or so with an aux jack, but every brand I look at functions and displays like shit. It was the same back in early nineties, the last time I shopped for aftermarket stereos. Im so NOT surprised they havent changed much in 15 years. Still junk and crap. Displays that encourage an accident if you simply TRY to read it, and buttons that dont really work if you hit them quickly. still using giant, stupid fisher-price looking LED letters and numbers in a tiny display, so that no human performing the act of driving could possibly read it safely. all the same. unless you're flush enough to spend $300 and up. Im not. I have always loved factory units, for their simple navigation, ease of use, and display. Only problem with all the head units from the nineties, is no aux jack.

save me from buying another Dual or Sony deck.

snoopyloopy
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
custom aux jack ftw?

mboardman
10-02-2007, 04:40 AM
not sure what you mean there? how would I do that? Do the other honda/acura head units come with rca jacks on the back for input? Usually come with pre-amp outputs yes, but not input.

DBMaster
10-02-2007, 07:34 AM
It is my understanding that OEM Honda stereos from 86-98 work in our cars with the factory harness. Later stereos would require modification.