PDA

View Full Version : regarding imagestation closing

lostforawhile
10-03-2007, 06:14 PM
is there anyway to get a printout of all my posts and started threads the way they appear in edit format? i was going to go through them from day one looking for image station links so i can repair them,before they are broken links. i have to find every pic that is hosted on image station and change the link to another host so they continue to function. this really sucks they are pulling this BS, i have a lot of tech threads on here and all the pics will be broken.

ghettogeddy
10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
u have a photobucket right

lostforawhile
10-03-2007, 06:26 PM
u have a photobucket right
yea some of my images are on photobucket and some on image station,some on car domain, some on snapfish,and some on photo lava,as well as some oddball servers. oh and lately on google,i don't think they are going anywhere. i also have to rebuild my photo albums on my home page because dummy hosted them on imagestation.

ghettogeddy
10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
ok
u need to open a tab for photobucket and start finding your pics
on photo bucket there is a way to upload your pics from url u can do up to 20 at a time so it will make it easy

lostforawhile
10-03-2007, 06:45 PM
well i transferred them to shutterfly, they provide an option to do this, but once they shut down their servers at imagestation, all my links on the site that have pics will be broken. the URLs don't transfer only the pics. i have transferred the pics themselves,but i need to go back and changes probably a thousand URL's. thats what pisses me off so bad. i should have stuck with photobucket but at the time i was having flash problems, and couldn't log in. it's not just me a lot of people on here have used imagestation, when the servers shut down i believe in february,theres going to be a shit load of dead links on the site.

ghettogeddy
10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
lol
thats why ive always used photobucket lol

MessyHonda
10-03-2007, 11:31 PM
lol
thats why ive always used photobucket lol

werd....hey tim just look up your user name and then click on find threads posted by this user

lostforawhile
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
werd....hey tim just look up your user name and then click on find threads posted by this user
I know but then i have to go in and find every thread, figure out which
are image station pics, and download,then reload them under a different host. just going to take forever. i wish someone would invent a program that would do it for you.

AccordB20A
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
and what if photobucket decided to go nah im shutting down to then u wood all be fucked. its just something that happens, some services dont last forever. i like to host my own images cause its faster.