PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Japantown Festival - San Jose, Ca w/ JDM THEORY

maxoutracer
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
JDM THEORY (original J’s Events in NorCal!)

Presents:

- Spirit of Japantown Festival –
San Jose Japantown
San Jose, Ca
Oct 6th 2007
11am-5pm

J’s Gathering Car Show is coming to San Jose Japantown! So if you went to SF’s Asian Heritage, Obon, and/or Cherry Blossom Festivals, you’ll love the SJ J-town event! Ton’s of food booths, entertainment, demos, community involvement, and the JDM THEORY CAR SHOW! (original Nor-Cal J’s Events!)

About the Festival:
The Festival is formulated around Unity, Promotion and Preservation (UPP!) to secure, maintain and support SJ Japantown as one of the last three remaining historical Japantowns in the USA (San Francisco, LA, and San Jose). We are inviting everyone who wants to join and including our businesses and organizations in Japantown. The host organization for the Festival is the Japantown Community Congress of San Jose (JCCsj) a non-profit 501c(3) organization.. The Festival is a separate committee which reports to the Board of Directors. JDM THEORY will be hosting their popular J’s Gathering Car show.

Some of our festival sponsors currently include: Gordon Biersch Brewery, Takara Sake, Chateau Marie Antoinette. the SJPD Police Officers Association, AF Evans, Miraido Village, Valley Transit Authority, San Jose Redevelopment Agency, San Jose Mercury News, Southwest Airlines and more.

Some of our local 'talent' are newscasters Mike Inouye (NBC 11) and Robert Handa (KTVU) who will be donating their time to help emcee parts of the day.

We will have a Main Stage on Fifth Street and a Children's Activity Zone off Fifth as well.
We are working with FanimeCon (the largest anime convention in Northern California) for their participation in anime screenings and possibly some COSPLAY too!

We have the Raiderettes coming already, the SJ Fire Dept education unit, many martial arts demonstrations, the food stars of the Gilroy Garlic Festival, an autograph booth, VIP tent for sponsors, Silent Auction on Jackson Street, Ikebana Exhibition on Sixth Street in Miraido village, Donation drawing (prizes include trips for 4 with Southwest Airlines, cash prizes of $1000 and $500) and Chinese Historical and Cultural Project exhibits, Nisei Veterans exhibit and again, there's more!

ONLY 130 Spaces available –
$30 per car (pre-reg)
$40 per car (after Sept 1st - pending space)

All makes and models are encouraged to apply!
Send your car picture (JPEG format), link, contact info and car data sheet to:

[email protected]

**payment instructions will be emailed to you**

Same day staging, canopy tents, and lawn chairs are encouraged!

Crews, Clubs, and Forums are welcome to and encouraged!

Entry deadline is September 27th
Spots will fill up FAST so apply now/asap!

frantik
10-04-2007, 04:45 PM
shit yeah i'll be there for sure lol the last set of pics i took was in japantown :D i dont even have to drive to get to it lol

maxoutracer
10-06-2007, 03:14 AM
were doing a complete coverage tomorrow...

feel to check out www.chrisfotos.com for this event in upcoming days or week.

frantik
10-06-2007, 10:52 AM
charging my batteries for pix0rs :D

MessyHonda
10-06-2007, 11:01 AM
i wish i could go but i have to give my friend a ride to work at 1:40 and work till 1am

frantik
10-06-2007, 11:23 AM
:uh:

frantik
10-06-2007, 03:53 PM
i went... but i didn't see the panda :bandance:

maxoutracer
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
i went... but i didn't see the panda :bandance:

i was out there but i didn't enter it...

we took the suv and hit up the junk yards...

pull a s13 tranny and stop by...

ill enter the panda jdm theory jan 2008 and hot import nights mar 2008...

my pictures will be up very soon.

frantik
10-06-2007, 08:50 PM
:thumbup: it seemed like a pretty chill event i'll have to come and check out the one in january :) thanks for posting :cheers:

oh yeah heres my pix btw :)

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62380

guaynabo89
10-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Pictures are good.

MAXOUTRACER.......... Clear out your pm inbox its full. I wanted to ask you something. lol