PDA

View Full Version : HondaBoy's Weber 32/36

HondaBoy
10-04-2007, 02:42 PM
well decided to order it. came on time and everything. i ordered from carbsunlimited.com last week. here's a pic. i'll have more with it installed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC06793.jpg

ghettogeddy
10-04-2007, 02:46 PM
sweet have fun tuning that bad boy

88Accord-DX
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
What that run with adapter plate if ya don't mind? :thumbup: (making me jones for one)

HondaBoy
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
$385 shipped

MessyHonda
10-04-2007, 06:20 PM
for 385 shipped its a good deal....i have spent almost that amount on carbs from the junkyard and carb kits trying to rebuild them....and all the headache....good luck....hope your auto can take that kind of power...if you dont have a tranny cooler i would suggest you picking one up and installing it.

2ndGenGuy
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Sweet man! It will feel good tossing that 900lbs of vacuum shit away! It's pretty easy to tune, just follow the directions for "Lean best idle" to the T and you'll be fine. Don't get your hopes up about a ton of extra power or anything though... The beauty of the 32/36 is it's simplicity and ease of troubleshooting! Well, in my opinion. :D Should get you a bit more juice though.

Cheeseburger
10-04-2007, 10:17 PM
nice buy!!!! dyno!!!!!!

2ndGenGuy
10-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah dyno!! :D

HondaBoy
10-05-2007, 03:00 PM
well lets just say things didnt work out for me. the fucking head gasket is blown. guess i will either be getting a whole new engine or swapping some shit out. although it does run nice and sounds good. but yeah, shit luck for me.

HondaBoy
10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
here's some pix of it installed. at least it can look good. its just too bad the damn head gasket had to give out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC06794.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC06795.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC06796.jpg

MessyHonda
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
it looks good

2ndGenGuy
10-05-2007, 09:55 PM
It does look good. Just get that head gasket replaced man! It's super easy to do. At this point, all you have to do is disconnect the header, take off the valve cover and remove the head bolts. The intake will come off with the head. Take the head down to a machine shop, have it milled down (boost compression), toss a cam in while you're at it, with a cam gear and put it back together. Hell, even have the valve stem seals replaced in the head while you're in there if you've got any smoking issues. Then your car will be like new, and have a bit of power too! :D

Darkside
10-06-2007, 10:25 AM
The best trick I've found for the throttle cable is to use the lx cable in the lxi housing. Then It doesn't have a huge loop in it and helps solve the WOT issue. I will throw up some pics.

Darkside
10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Here are the pics.
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/steveo288/DSCN2340Medium.jpg
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff262/steveo288/DSCN2339Medium.jpg

88Accord-DX
10-12-2007, 10:26 PM
What exactly did Redline mess up with their instructions? :huh:
With what hoses to block off & so forth.

2oodoor
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Great idea Darkside

I could not do that with mine though, the throttle is on the passenger side. I cut the cable pull (cresent shaped ) off the oem carb and attached it to the weber to solve the wot issue.

Looks good HondaBoy !!

labeledsk8r
10-15-2007, 02:27 AM
looks awsome hondaboy, i wish i had been able to get to the point of putting a webber on my LX when i had it. sucks about the engine though, hope you get her up and running soon

HondaBoy
10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
yeah so the instructions said nothing at all about modifiing or rerouting the coolant lines or passages. which now i know needs to be blocked off under the carb.

HondaBoy
05-31-2008, 11:43 AM
since i have my subaru legacy, i havent been driving the accord much. but i have noticed that with the weber 32/36 it gets way better fuel mileage than with the stock carb. that was something i had been wondering about for a long time. now that i have it, it really does perform much nicer all around.

2ndGenGuy
05-31-2008, 12:07 PM
I don't know that the Weber itself it what causes the fuel mileage increase. I do know this though; the Weber is a hell of a lot easier to get in tune than an old worn out stock carb. I would be willing to bet that's why we see pretty good fuel economy increases with the Webers, we get a proper functioning, well tuned setup. I'm curious what would happen if one of us with an old carb were to replace it with a brand new carb with the full original vacuum box setup. I would bet we'd see an increase there as well.

2oodoor
05-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't know that the Weber itself it what causes the fuel mileage increase. I do know this though; the Weber is a hell of a lot easier to get in tune than an old worn out stock carb. I would be willing to bet that's why we see pretty good fuel economy increases with the Webers, we get a proper functioning, well tuned setup. I'm curious what would happen if one of us with an old carb were to replace it with a brand new carb with the full original vacuum box setup. I would bet we'd see an increase there as well.

Dont even say that!! eekk
One reason it might would be because there is no more unecessary fast idleing, loading up on the choke, and malfuncted sensors making things run retarded literally.
I am glad to hear something good about mpg because my DX 5 speed was getting 30-40 mpg with the stock set up. Today I chomped down and ripped all that stuff off to install one of these collection of webers I seem to have found myself with.:D

HondaBoy
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
i doubt mine is getting over 30 mpg. maybe like 25 mpg at best in town. but like i said i havent really been driving it much since its ac isnt working and i have a few other cars to drive. but, with the price of gas it is a good little run around car. only bad thing is you sweat a hell of a lot driving around. but oh well. i plan to fix the ac and get it repainted. oh and a new cam, needs a little more power.

SILENT
07-03-2008, 08:51 PM
question for you??? do you need a new fuel pump???

HondaBoy
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
nope. although if you are using the original fuel pump that the car came with, its possible. but unlikely that you would need to replace the pump unless you've had the carb rejetted. i do have an aftermarket pump though that is a stock replacement. i do recommend a fuel pressure regulator though as some other members had suggested, set at no more than 3 psi. i have driven the car a little more often. noticed about 340 miles on a full tank. even with spirited driving. i'd guess i could get even better mileage if driven with a light foot.

SILENT
07-05-2008, 08:38 PM
hey I was wondering if you could tell me which vacuum lines you used with your weber???

HondaBoy
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM
ill take some pix of how i did them. i'm gonna clean up the vacuum lines and clean up the engine compartment a bit more. looks pretty clean as of now but it will look way better with new vacuum hoses and wiring.

with the install of the weber i used the rear vacuum port that has 2 ports for my distributor vacuum advance, i use only one of the top ports for the brake booster and the other is capped. i may redo some stuff though to clean up the vauum hoses. pix for sure. i really wanna make it look "show off" clean. if i would get around to it, that would be done. drives great though. definately more power with the head work and carb, along with the header and 2 1/4 cat back exhaust. makes it really fun to drive.