PDA

View Full Version : Eh, What's 6 Months...

M3Galaxie
10-05-2007, 11:42 PM
So, I guess I've never really introduced myself formally so here it is:

I joined this sited a while back to find out some info on my Accord that I bought. I come from a Ford family, and have never worked on anything else, first import, first FWD car for that matter.

Well I'll just say I found a little more than I bargined for and the infomation on this site is great. Although it might not be the best thing that I've found this site, cause I keep reading stuff that sounds like it would be alot of fun/cool to do to my car.

I've really come to appreciate some of the import sene like you all here. Keeping the cars looking clean, and basically just making them fun to drive. While my Galaxie was my first car, I've had it for 4 years, and the motor has enough in it to buy three 3gen Accords(not all of it my money), being able to cruise around for an hour and not use 5 or 6 gals of gas aint to bad. And even though I've done a little bit to stiffen up the rear suspension on my Galaxie...being able to go around turns is pretty nice too. lol

Although I still plan on ripping down main street in my Gal disturbing the peace when I can...I think I'm gonna wait on fixing that thing up, and focus my attention more on the car I get to see/drive around every day. My Accord is aready pretty fun car to drive...so it can only get better with a few upgrades over time:D.

Short store about my Galaxie I've take it to one car show before...It was the National Galaxie meet/Mother Road festival in Springfield, IL '06...I got alot of comments about my car, some reconized it out of a one page artical in Street Thunder mag. But out of about 115 Galaxie's I was 1 of 2 that were in primer, and deffenately the youngest Galaxie owner there.

I'm kind of tired so I'm going to stop writing now...my brain kind of stops working after when the caffeen wears off...

Key Points: (random order)
Grown up Fordboy
Muscle car is alot of fun
My Honda has also been pretty fun, and cheaper(kinda of)
Come to understand the import sene better
Deep blue Ford blood has faded some, but not gone...
This is a great site
I'm going to bed....

Civic Accord Honda
10-06-2007, 12:54 AM
hi
nice to meet you

G'night

labeledsk8r
10-06-2007, 01:39 AM
welcome (even though you have been here a while) those galixys are fun, my grand father has a 68 (i think is the year) gal 500 convertable, everytihng is still stock and still has original fire red paint job and such, and they still use it every day in the summer and pack it away for the winter. and from rideing it it i can tell you yes the accord can do much better in the twisties lol those big boats dont take corners to well. anyways welcome lol

2oodoor
10-06-2007, 03:45 AM
Hey, nice to meet you. I love the 62 and 64 Galaxy, but really really like the Fairlanes, Falcons, and Torinos. and of course nothing is as fun as a 5.0 efi swapped Maverick.

I had mostley domestic and vw bug experience before I started learning about my Accord. This is a good site and big thanks to the old time members here who have done a super job at how to and stickys.
I have had several toyotas before and have done basic repair work on them but the thought never occured to me to modiify this type of car. The big fast and furious scene was a joke to me, but I have learned to appreciate more of the entheusist concept and the techs who really know what they are doing with imports.