PDA

View Full Version : Wheres the Vasaline, my cars f'd

Legend_master
10-10-2007, 12:51 PM
So I was on the access road of I-20 and had to yield to traffic exiting the highway onto the access road. Out of nowhere I was struck from behind by a landrover traveling at about 50MPG. I dont have pictures just yet, but the back end is trashed. The suspension, brakes, and engine are fine, but the body is screwed. Im going to buy the car back from the insurance company and strip it. I will post pics later.

forrest89sei
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
So I was on the access road of I-20 and had to yield to traffic exiting the highway onto the access road. Out of nowhere I was struck from behind by a landrover traveling at about 50MPG. I dont have pictures just yet, but the back end is trashed. The suspension, brakes, and engine are fine, but the body is screwed. Im going to buy the car back from the insurance company and strip it. I will post pics later.

Man, I'm sooo sorry to hear that!

Are you Ok?

Civic Accord Honda
10-10-2007, 12:54 PM
sucks :(

BITESIZE
10-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Are you going to get another hatchie?

Hazwan
10-10-2007, 01:00 PM
That sucks :(

AccordB20A
10-10-2007, 01:25 PM
GAY. thats all i can say

Legend_master
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Man, I'm sooo sorry to hear that!

Are you Ok?

Thanks, and a little bit of whiplash.

Are you going to get another hatchie?

Definitly, but it's going to be some time :sad:

That sucks

Its all still sinking in for me

BITESIZE
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm scared to drive my hatch around now. I would probably start crying and fall to my knees if someone smashed into my front end.

Legend_master
10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
GAY. thats all i can say

Ditto my car got :Owned:

Hash_man_Se_i
10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
DAMN!.... that sucks balls legend|!!!... hope you're feelin alright, and good luck with findin a new car and such.

Legend_master
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
DAMN!.... that sucks balls legend|!!!... hope you're feelin alright, and good luck with findin a new car and such.

Thanks bro, I hope my next one is even better.

thegreatdane
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Is this a joke? that is so shitty, hopefully you'll stick with the 3rd gens even after the insurance hands you a big fat check. Did you get chock treatment yet? :)

Civic Accord Honda
10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm scared to drive my hatch around now. I would probably start crying and fall to my knees if someone smashed into my front end.
i would cry to if your hatch got smashed

Legend_master
10-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Is this a joke? that is so shitty, hopefully you'll stick with the 3rd gens even after the insurance hands you a big fat check. Did you get chock treatment yet? :)

Definitly not a joke, im getting rather depressed about the whole thing. Im not sure if the next car I get will be a 3gee, but Im 100% not out of the game. I dont care what anybody says, I got more props from more people then I ever have with any other car. What the hell is chock treatment :wtf: ? :lol:

lostforawhile
10-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Definitly not a joke, im getting rather depressed about the whole thing. Im not sure if the next car I get will be a 3gee, but Im 100% not out of the game. I dont care what anybody says, I got more props from more people then I ever have with any other car. What the hell is chock treatment :wtf: ? :lol:get mad,find another solid hatch and rebuild with your good parts. sue the shit out of the people who hit you for driving like idiots and slamming into a stopped car. build the new hatch even better.

thegreatdane
10-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Definitly not a joke, im getting rather depressed about the whole thing. Im not sure if the next car I get will be a 3gee, but Im 100% not out of the game. I dont care what anybody says, I got more props from more people then I ever have with any other car. What the hell is chock treatment :wtf: ? :lol:

whoops lol, that was the danish spelling hehe. I meant "shock" :) And you better get a 3gee!!! otherwise you'll keep on feeling depressed lol.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Civic Accord Honda
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
when can u get some pics

2ndGenGuy
10-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Dude that is lame! Your hatch was so badass! Sorry to hear about that, and glad you're okay!

cubert
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
glad to hear youre ok..and hopefully you get another 3g...your car was one of few that made me want another one...

ghettogeddy
10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
ya sucks to here maybe now u can get a 3g with some good paint lol

bobafett
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
dude take care of your back/neck/body. go get checked out by a doctor, and take a few trips to a chiropractor over the next few days. it will probably really start to hurt over the next couple of days.

it they hit you traveling 50mph you certainly have some pain and suffering money coming your way if the other motorist was insured.

fyi I got 1600 in pain an suffering along with 660 to get my car fixed when somebody tapped my car while stopped behind it they couldn't have been going more than 20mph. Sounds like you should be entitled to much more.

ps sorry to hear about the car.... but your next one can only be better. pps you have to get another 3g hatch. its not really an 'option ' lol...

BITESIZE
10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
New hatchie here you come!

Catalyst
10-10-2007, 04:24 PM
Nooooo!!! Man thats horrible news. I'm glad you weren't seriously injured. Man your hatch was one of my favorite 3geez. :( I'm really sorry to hear that LM.

russiankid
10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
This is a huge shock to me. I loved your hatch....im sad now :(

halxi
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
get mad,find another solid hatch and rebuild with your good parts. sue the shit out of the people who hit you for driving like idiots and slamming into a stopped car. build the new hatch even better.

that would backfire, as yield, does NOT mean stop.

My parents just went through this argument around the turn of the new year when a lady ran into them at a yield sign because they were stopped (for traffic purposes)

as, in the perfect world, people on the highway are supposed to CHANGE lanes and let you merge. But we all know that RARELY happens. I see it all the damn time, truckers, only vehicle on the road, in the right lane, see me merging and they speed up/slow down to try to intentionally get in my way. Pisses me off beyond no end.

Sucks about your car man, Glad to hear you're ok though. Hopefully insurance doesnt try to rape you on the buy-back value.

forrest89sei
10-10-2007, 05:01 PM
dude take care of your back/neck/body. go get checked out by a doctor, and take a few trips to a chiropractor over the next few days. it will probably really start to hurt over the next couple of days.

it they hit you traveling 50mph you certainly have some pain and suffering money coming your way if the other motorist was insured.

fyi I got 1600 in pain an suffering along with 660 to get my car fixed when somebody tapped my car while stopped behind it they couldn't have been going more than 20mph. Sounds like you should be entitled to much more.

ps sorry to hear about the car.... but your next one can only be better. pps you have to get another 3g hatch. its not really an 'option ' lol...

Yes and be careful with insurance companies!

If you get any shit from the other side, contact a Personal Injury Lawyer ASAP!

Good Luck Man!

Forrest

lostforawhile
10-10-2007, 06:05 PM
that would backfire, as yield, does NOT mean stop.

My parents just went through this argument around the turn of the new year when a lady ran into them at a yield sign because they were stopped (for traffic purposes)

as, in the perfect world, people on the highway are supposed to CHANGE lanes and let you merge. But we all know that RARELY happens. I see it all the damn time, truckers, only vehicle on the road, in the right lane, see me merging and they speed up/slow down to try to intentionally get in my way. Pisses me off beyond no end.

Sucks about your car man, Glad to hear you're ok though. Hopefully insurance doesnt try to rape you on the buy-back value.well they still hit him even though he was stopped probably on a cell phone or something

1ajs
10-10-2007, 06:14 PM
owtch!!

your alright though besides liplash?

insurance FTW though thats what its there for :) :violin:

lostforawhile
10-10-2007, 06:16 PM
when can u get some pics
http://lh6.google.com/lostforawhile/Rw2Go5jZ13I/AAAAAAAAAh0/s79Omg1E7O4/ian0047l.jpg?imgmax=400:thumbdn:
maby when he is feeling better and is sure he's not hurt. person first,car second.

frantik
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
:(

race12001
10-10-2007, 06:46 PM
dude i still cant belive this i would be madder than hell if it was be good to hear your alright though

Pico
10-10-2007, 07:12 PM
The main thing is your alive and well.
Sorry to hear about the hatch

LX-incredible
10-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Shitty. It's good that you're okay.

Toneloc5145
10-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Man that sucks. That is one of my worse nightmare's, and I always find myself trying to stay away from traffic as much as I can for just that reason. I hope everything gets sorted out and if you can't find a nice hatch replacement, you could always get a sedan, since they are better than the other body styles anyways!

snoopyloopy
10-10-2007, 08:44 PM
cars are replaceable, people aren't. at least you're still alright enough to be posting and stuff. and hopefully, everything works out in your favor with the car and it doesn't turn into some lengthy bs trip. and get something else to beater, get another hatchie to rebuild. :)

87LXiR
10-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Glad youre ok, well for the most part anyways. Sucks about the car man but just take car of yourself.

As for your hatchie i envyed it! its a shame some people arent competant drivers, but perhaps im being to harsh. Its like that allstate guy says "accidents do happen" But yeah man me myself owning a hatch of the same color, your car was inspiring.

After seeing the amount of work youve done on your hatchie, id like to see you build another 3g, but hey dont worry about that now. Get yourself patched up first and take care of yourself.

BITESIZE
10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
It's going to be alot of work transferring the goods to the next car!

Hazwan
10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Toneloc5145;829032]Man that sucks. That is one of my worse nightmare's, and I always find myself trying to stay away from traffic as much as I can for just that reason.QUOTE]

same here with me. I just hate those stupid drivers.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-10-2007, 09:44 PM
That sucks donkey ball all your hard work gone in two seconds. I Hope the air bag knocked him good.

BITESIZE
10-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Pictures?!?

MessyHonda
10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
man this stucks.... hope you are ok.

knarg
10-10-2007, 11:09 PM
sorry :/
i would be pretty sad

AccordB20A
10-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Pictures?!?

yeah im waiting to see pics of the poor car too.

2oodoor
10-11-2007, 03:12 AM

exactly, they will never give you what your car is worth so you have to make up for it on the ass end (yours)
Really sorry to hear about the carnage, that bad news

Hey there is a lxi hatch for sale here, been sitting for a few weeks now, they are asking 500, I am sure they will take much less by now. We are right off I-20 too :wave:

labeledsk8r
10-11-2007, 03:30 AM
oh man, that totaly sucks. hope your allright man. and goodluck on getting it all sorted out

Legend_master
10-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks everybody I really do appreciate it. Also dont worry, the next hatch is going to be k-powered :devil: . I will keep you up to date as I get more done

p.s. any rear end collision in Texas is the fault of the person in the rear.

Hazwan
10-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks everybody I really do appreciate it. Also dont worry, the next hatch is going to be k-powered :devil: . I will keep you up to date as I get more done

p.s. any rear end collision in Texas is the fault of the person in the rear.

wooo can't wait :D

glad you stayed 3g :cheers:

2oodoor
10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
going to K?

well then put a big ass postage stamp the b drivetrain and send it to me. Go ahead and cut everything off rear of the front floor pan though and save on postage:D, I dont need the brake and wheels either..:wave:

MessyHonda
10-11-2007, 07:14 AM
i wanted to keep it a secret but.....when i was doing my OBD1 swap a guy came over and he said that some guy in the bay area had a K-powered 3gee...and that he was going to be in honda tunning in a few months. i asked him if he was sure and he said yup because he recognized the pop up lights(thats what makes our car soo cool)

2drSE-i
10-11-2007, 08:58 AM
sorry to hear antares....let me know if you need anything man. Are you coming up here to get gucci's SE-i? kinda be an interesting twist of fate if you did lol.

thegreatdane
10-11-2007, 11:44 AM
:rockon: KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :rockon: KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK :rockon:

i wanted to keep it a secret but.....when i was doing my OBD1 swap a guy came over and he said that some guy in the bay area had a K-powered 3gee...and that he was going to be in honda tunning in a few months. i asked him if he was sure and he said yup because he recognized the pop up lights(thats what makes our car soo cool)

That would be cool but the 2nd and 3rd gen preludes have flipup lights as well?

Bglad420
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Aswell as 1G tegs....

Civic Accord Honda
10-11-2007, 01:45 PM

:D http://www.cb7tuner.com/bouncy.gif

MessyHonda
10-11-2007, 02:04 PM
That would be cool but the 2nd and 3rd gen preludes have flipup lights as well?

Aswell as 1G tegs....

well im sure its something with pop up lights....he is a tunner so he would know his cars a lil better. lets hope its a 3gee.

blazin3gen
10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

damn man glad u are ok, i hope those bastards pay!

2drSE-i
10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Well i thought i was immune to all this...i was feeling pretty good actually because i have a bad track record and i havent had a wreck, ticket or anything in a while. I was home for THIRTY MINUTES afternoon, i go to leave and i see fucking taillight on the ground.....i got hit and run....

1ajs
10-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Well i thought i was immune to all this...i was feeling pretty good actually because i have a bad track record and i havent had a wreck, ticket or anything in a while. I was home for THIRTY MINUTES afternoon, i go to leave and i see fucking taillight on the ground.....i got hit and run....

fuck! can be fixed with trip to recor no?

A18A
10-11-2007, 08:28 PM
:wtf: is with all the damaged 3geez lately

1ajs
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
:wtf: is with all the damaged 3geez lately
i don't know but it goes in cycles

ledgonmaster make sure to send lost somthing for the shrine of dead 3geez

guaynabo89
10-11-2007, 09:17 PM
sorry to hear man.

Definately get ourself checked out. The other persons ins has to pay your medical bils so dont worry. Also if you get yourself one of those lawyers that only get paid of you win you will be all set. Dont feel bad about etting a lawyer either cause the insurance is going to try and screw you over so better them than you.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM

A yield does not mean merge... it means come to a rolling stop, and if safe to do so procede without stopping... if there is lots of traffic it makes perfect sense to come to a stop.
Hope everything is going alright still legend and hope youre feeling alright health wise still.

Good luck dealing with insurance and getting on to the next project.

ZackieDarko
10-12-2007, 05:48 AM
bummer :(

get a laywer

a buddy of mine got 10K when he was on a harley and hit a pitbull that the owners didn't tie up...he went down and got some nasty road rash

lolz if he got 10k for hiting the dog you got some $ coming your way

BITESIZE
10-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Pictures?

forrest89sei
10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes get a Lawyer!

I listen to a legal show on weekends called handel on the law, and I checked his site for PI Lawyers and found this guy.

http://www.handelonthelaw.com/lawyer_details.aspx?Page=1&Practice=26&City=0&StateID=TX&ZipCode=&Profile=yfmy0Fvsufs%3d&firmLocationId=h4%2fAV00qJo8%3d

You can send him a email about what happened and he'll tell you what you can do, All for FREE :D

Good luck

Forrest

2drSE-i
10-12-2007, 12:47 PM
my cars ok, just a taillight...im so upset though who the eff hits and runs....

Legend_master
10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
my cars ok, just a taillight...im so upset though who the eff hits and runs....

Sorry to hear about your car dude, that sucks ass. Was it the light that has the Se-i badge on it?

ALSO
Can anybody run a carfax for me Asap?

Legend_master
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Here is the vin 1hgca6183ja012030

2drSE-i
10-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your car dude, that sucks ass. Was it the light that has the Se-i badge on it?

ALSO
Can anybody run a carfax for me Asap?

yep...the only one that hadnt been replaced on my car yet haha...it shudnt cost me too much out of a jy car. and now i have one to experiment with i guess.... just pissed that some dick didnt leave a note.

BITESIZE
10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
When you going to post pictures so I know when to check back?

Legend_master
10-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Well you can't tell how bad the damage is until you see how far the body is caved in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0055.jpg

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Well you can't tell how bad the damage is until you see how far the body is caved in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/My%20Accord/DSCF0055.jpglegend,thats not that bad,mine was hit just like that when i got it and i was able to straighten it out,the body is straight too,i put it on the rack and checked. I had to replace the metal trim,the taillight,then i had to straighten out that corner,and beat the hatch floor down. also straightened out that corner with hammer and dolly work. by old rear bumper was hit in the exact same spot,just like that. the back of the body is easy to fix,everything is flat. the lights stick out beyond the body,also the trim,everything is bolted to a flat surface. i'm looking at your gas door,it's not distorted,the bumper loooks like the body is pushed in,because the metal bumper is designed to collapse in a wreck,to absorb energy. you'll need to replace the metal bumper.

Legend_master
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
legend,thats not that bad,mine was hit just like that when i got it and i was able to straighten it out,the body is straight too,i put it on the rack and checked. I had to replace the metal trim,the taillight,then i had to straighten out that corner,and beat the hatch floor down. also straightened out that corner with hammer and dolly work.

You can't see it but the c pillar is bent as well. I'm just going to find another hatch and transfer it all over. I have no body working skills at all, or time. Also here is a link (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62487) to my new DD

forrest89sei
10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I think it could be fixed, but it makes more sense to just find a new body

Good Luck

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 04:30 PM
You can't see it but the c pillar is bent as well. I'm just going to find another hatch and transfer it all over. I have no body working skills at all, or time. Also here is a link (http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62487) to my new DDwell if you lived on this side of the country i would straighten that out. but if you transfer at least it's still a hatchie. hey when your ready to transfer,i might buy that right light from you, and the unbent half of the metal trim. they always rust on the right side, so i need a ready made patch panel.

A18A
10-14-2007, 04:31 PM
that sucks, but for a 50mph crash, i would of expected the whole ass of the car to be shoved in

Legend_master
10-14-2007, 04:37 PM
that sucks, but for a 50mph crash, i would of expected the whole ass of the car to be shoved in

If you look down in the trunk the body is pushed in about 4 inches or so. Looks much worse in person.

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 04:42 PM
yea mine was like that,but it was easy to fix, like i said you take off the lights and trim on the back,the entire thing is flat. it doesn't take much to push it in like that. let me see if i can find a pic of that area.

lostforawhile
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
heres what the back looks like without everything on it
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid206/pa9b1070de4d1db10857c1566d7598621/eeca3648.jpg
well the link is up there but no pic just like my signature and both are different hosts

Cheeseburger
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! god dam bro! im glad your ok but im sorry to hear what happen to your car!

Hazwan
10-14-2007, 08:27 PM
good luck with another hatch. it makes sense to get another shell than to fix that. and heres your chance to get a hatch with better paint! :D

BITESIZE
10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
I thought it would be way worse.

Civic Accord Honda
10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
I thought it would be way worse.

me too that looks fixable to me

it looks alot like the damage to my step dads old hatch

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/civicaccordhonda/1987%20honda%20accord%20DX/87HondaAccord006.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/civicaccordhonda/1987%20honda%20accord%20DX/87HondaAccord007.jpg

Cheeseburger
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
i would say its fixable

MessyHonda
10-15-2007, 04:12 AM
yeah that can be fixed...just alot of pulling and stretching

2oodoor
10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
looks like it was not so bad after all, I would still be driving it unless it leaks rain.

It woulld be ten times easier and less time to just fix that than it would be to swap everything over to another car. Maybe it is time to learn a little minor body work? If your quarter panel is not buckled, you rear hatch is still aligned, and you door gap is not affected... I think you are ok with just replacing the hatch and rear panel and hammer out the inner trunk. The bumper brackets look like they are still pretty close too. but a picture doesnt tell the whole story...

Legend_master
10-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Im telling you guys the body is pushed in about 4 inches. I will get pics during the tear down process.

Civic Accord Honda
10-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Im telling you guys the body is pushed in about 4 inches. I will get pics during the tear down process.
you should give the hatch to me :D :D

Hash_man_Se_i
10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Looks sorta like my car did when I wrecked it... opened the trunk up and it was brutal, i could see the earth through a huge hole in the floor, was pushed in really far.

lostforawhile
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I understand what you are saying,mine was like that,just took a lot of hammering and banging,and hammer and dolly work. now it's all straight,even checks out on the frame rack perfectly.

BITESIZE
10-15-2007, 01:39 PM
It will be easier to swap the parts to another car then fix it. I would know. That would take alot more than you guys think.

lostforawhile
10-15-2007, 01:49 PM
It will be easier to swap the parts to another car then fix it. I would know. That would take alot more than you guys think.i've done it,it's not that bad,it's a lot of work but not that bad

snoopyloopy
10-15-2007, 07:51 PM
hmm, doesn't look THAT bad. of course, i haven't seen the inside. but i got rear-ended in my other 3g by some guy who had to be doing at least 20-25 and you would never know unless you looked extremely close. his car was evident, though. now granted, 50 is supposed to be 4x as powerful than 25. (or at least that's what they teach in driver's ed--that doubling speed quadruples impact force.) so i guess there would be quite a bit that's invisible from those pix. but now it just matches the rest of the 3g accords on the road...

LX-incredible
10-15-2007, 07:57 PM
but now it just matches the rest of the 3g accords on the road... Sad but true.

1ajs
10-15-2007, 08:39 PM
get it checked out see if its fixable i'm sure some one would take it off yea hands after you get the parts swaped if you don't wana take the time to fix her again

btw the car does not seem to have the look of death sadnes just the look of pain that can bee soothed out

RamThis
10-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Looks in better condition that my 96 Integra GSR that was rear-ended in Dallas a few years ago. Body shop fixed it in a week or so and looked like new again, new rear bumper, both new tail lights, the body section below and between the lights, and fixed a wrinkle in the passenger side rear quarter. Think they had to pull the back end of the car back out some. Hatch even closed nice and was sealed good, and no rattles.

If the other driver was insured, maybe you could get it fixed professionally? They'd have to keep it under totaled value though, which may be the big problem. Seeing as a few small parts on the front of my sedan when the wife got hit essentially totaled my car. She just wrote me a check for juuuuuust under total value and said I could keep the car, paid for the damages, and I could do what I wanted with the money.

Ohh, if you need a good shell, and wouldnt mind a sedan instead of a hatch, you know where to find one..... :wave:

Edit:
Nevermind, forgot I cut a huge hole in the roof LOL!!! Unless you want to install a glass roof or something.....

Cheeseburger
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
hows the tear down going? hope everything is working out for you bro.

Cheeseburger
10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
bump

guaynabo89
10-25-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah

whats going on man? I hope theyre not trying to screww you.

Legend_master
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I havent been able to do anything to the car, since the insurance company is waiting for her to reply :wtf: . I will definitly keep you guys up to date :) , and dont worry Im still in the game, I just can't do anything utill the insurance god decide what to do :lol:

2drSE-i
10-26-2007, 06:48 AM
antares you should move up here. We could garage our cars together when we get old! haha

2oodoor
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
I had to fix damage about like that all in an afternoon before my parents got home when I was 15. :kekeke:
I swear I am not trying to be mean LM ... I Hope the ins treats you right

88Accord-DX
10-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Just keep pressing forward. :)

Cheeseburger
11-25-2007, 01:18 PM
so hows the insurance company treating you? did u settle it yet?

carotman
11-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread :(

This sucks really.

I wouldn't let the insurance total the car. There's a lot less work in repairing the car than swapping everything (or even stripping it to sell it to lowballers).

It's nothing a stud gun can't fix.

Legend_master
11-25-2007, 02:43 PM
so hows the insurance company treating you? did u settle it yet?

Well they are telling me I have to wait till the chick recieves the letter and dosent reply to it, whatever that means. Either way this car is not leaving my hands, and rebuild or swap over I will have a 3g hatch again. It might be some time, but this is my oppurtunity to do all the stuff to it I wanted. Shoudl be rolling with a paintjob, roll cage, stripped out dash internals and all that good stuff. I will keep you up to date, but im still at that waiting point now.

knarg
11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
well, now that you have a DD you can go all out! one seater with roll cage and everything stripped

Legend_master
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
well, now that you have a DD you can go all out! one seater with roll cage and everything stripped

I will probally keep two seats, since I will drive the car on the road :) .

2oodoor
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
.... sounds like a good plan so far

snoopyloopy
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
sweet, i can't wait to see it happen. :)

Legend_master
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
.... sounds like a good plan so far

I hope so, I know I will not loose interest int he accord cause every time I walk by it I just think about how bad ass it will be. I'm just worried my wallet is going to have to be split between both cars :violin: .

2oodoor
11-26-2007, 09:20 AM
^^^ the other woman^^^^

lol

Legend_master
11-26-2007, 09:37 AM
^^^ the other woman^^^^

lol

:lol: so true, so true!

Legend_master
12-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I got word back from the insurance company, they will be sending an adjuster out to tell me the value of the car and how much the damage will be. It's looking like the car is totalled due to value, but I will be able to buy it back and rebuild it.

lostforawhile
12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
GOOD LUCK hope everything turns out ok

ZackieDarko
12-21-2007, 06:46 PM
show them the reciepts of how much all the parts cost