PDA

View Full Version : running problems need help

pedro
10-11-2007, 08:06 PM
hi i have an 1988 honda accord hatch s model, 5 speed, carbureted. its a dandy car but it stalls and doesnt run very good, we have just replaced the carb and carb gasket and it still doesnt run very well. for example when i start it up it revs to 2000 rpms and then drops to zero and dies, i have to do this about 4 times with the help of the accelerator till it stays constant. another example is when im going to slow down for a stop sign and i push in the clutch the rpms drop to zero and the car dies. the mechanics weve taken it to havent a sniff what it is, i thought you guys would so can you please help me, my dad thinks its some sort of a vacuum leak. thanks for the help. pete.

2oodoor
10-12-2007, 09:53 AM
:uh:
if I had a dollar for every time this same question was asked I would have like a lot of dollars.
Ok, I see no one else has been able to answer, so to be honest you really should search first. Anything and everything I would tell you about your carb symptoms has already been posted multiple times in various ways. I have been an auto technician since before the first space shuttle, and still had to study this car's carb system. No where else did I find better information on it than here, I read on it for months before I ever posted. There is no simple one step fix for this if you have prior experience, much less WITHOUT prior experience.
So that said, in the nicest way I assure you, I invite you to read up on this carb system here and then I would be one of many to help you with questions afterwards... :welcome: